Can my PC run GTA IV?

Chris

No, an FX5200 won't do it...do I really have to say it again: IF YOU CAN'T PLAY SAN ANDREAS ON MAX SETTINGS AT ALL TIMES WITH A SMOOTH FRAMERATE, YOU WONT BE PLAYING GTA4.

its that i don't wanna be harassing or something like that but I can play GTA 3 smooth on my PC, it runs well.. I actually have Geforce fx 5200 Ultra with 256 MB.....!

And damn, I have to upgrade my graphics and that gonna cost the skin of my ass...

hi ppl i just want to know your oppinions.. will my pc run GTA IV fine with no lags... see specs below :

AMD Athlon 64 4800+ X2 Dual Core

2GB DDR2 Kingston

GeForce 7800GT 256MB

160GB Sata HDD

DVD RW DL

Windows XP Pro SP2

DirectX 9.0c

...need help before I buy the game ??

Nope It just sucks that you have a DirectX 9.0c Gfxcard, maybe for like 120 bucks you could buy a equivalent card with DirectX10 if you want to upgrade to Windows Vista, and you defenitely could buy a gig of extra Ram, always handy;). And I dont know much bout AMD processors

Don't you mean downgrade?

Shark you can get a nice graphics card for 150 dollars.

Edited by Shortbus

No, an FX5200 won't do it...do I really have to say it again: IF YOU CAN'T PLAY SAN ANDREAS ON MAX SETTINGS AT ALL TIMES WITH A SMOOTH FRAMERATE, YOU WONT BE PLAYING GTA4.

its that i don't wanna be harassing or something like that but I can play GTA 3 smooth on my PC, it runs well.. I actually have Geforce fx 5200 Ultra with 256 MB.....!

And damn, I have to upgrade my graphics and that gonna cost the skin of my ass...

GTA3 and San Andreas aren't the same game are they?

San Andreas is much more graphically advanced than GTA3. San Andreas on max settings has real-time realistic shadowing for CJ, all pedestrians/characters, all vehicles, and some buildings, not to mention some very high resolution textures in some areas. Believe me, I had no problem running GTA3 on max settings with my 5200, but I didn't achieve the same feat with San Andreas until I got my x1800.

Also really, stop shit-talking Windows Vista, it's amazing. You have the hardware to handle it, you will have no problem. Trust me, if you have the hardware there is NO decrease in gaming performance.

heres the minimum requests:

* Processor: Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)

* RAM: 2GB

* Hard Drive: 18GB free hard disk space

* Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader

* Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

well

18 gb´s of free disk

thats big :P

Hi guys

i just built my own computer in anticipation of gta iv and any other new games lol ( im coming from a p4 with onboard graphics).

My current specs are

Amd Athlon 6000+ 3.0Ghz dual core processor

4GB Kingston HypereX ram at 800Mhz

22" monitor running at 1680 X 1050

and a crappy lil 256mb onboard gpu

I am planning on getting a new graphics card asap and money isnt really a problem.

I know ill be able to play it on some level of quality once i get a new card but...

I wanted to know what card you guys thought would be best.

9800Gt would be nice but i know the ati radoen 4850 is a lot more powerful and the 4870 is insane.

All i get is mixed opinions about which card i should buy and a few snarky comments that ati cards will break within a yr.

Let me know what you guys think and you will be the deciding factor.

PS: i wanna be able to max this game out.

Cheers

Edited by brett1192

All i get is mixed opinions about which card i should buy and a few snarky comments that ati cards will break within a yr.

nVidia cards are built with considerably worse quality. Get a 4870, you won't regret it.

Most likely they were fake. I mean come on, 18 GBs. Yeaaaah sure.

yeah, how can that be right thats double the disc capacity of a DVD Dual Layer

Higher resolution textures and better audio? More content?

yea.. Crysis which comes in 2 Dvds... takes space like 7GB to 8.5GB (not more than 9GB) .. Crysis as we know.. have better Graphics than GTA 4.. if its not more than 9GB.. how GTA 4... ???

Crysis' graphics were not better than GTA IV's, and even if they were, GTA will still take up a lot more space...Crysis doesn't have nearly the amount of models, audio, and as many textures as IV.

yea.. Crysis which comes in 2 Dvds... takes space like 7GB to 8.5GB (not more than 9GB) .. Crysis as we know.. have better Graphics than GTA 4.. if its not more than 9GB.. how GTA 4... ???

Crysis' graphics were not better than GTA IV's, and even if they were, GTA will still take up a lot more space...Crysis doesn't have nearly the amount of models, audio, and as many textures as IV.

Agreed. Well somehow i think the large HDD requirement might be true. Like 12-13 GB.

Agreed. Well somehow i think the large HDD requirement might be true. Like 12-13 GB.

THIS IS FAKE 18 GB is rubbish !

GTA 4 X-BOX 360 Torrent is 8.7 GB Approx and there is not much difference between the Architecture of PC and 360 !

Devil may cry 4 on X box 360 compared with PC version Size were almost same just like difference in MBs ..

So most probably PC version would be also of same size ! and Rock Star would recommend 10 GB.... !~!

I am pretty confident that I will max out Gta 4 at 1440x900 with my specs what do you think?

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @2.83GHz

Memory: 4GB PC2 6400 800Mhz DDR2 (G.Skill)

Hard Drive: (HDD1) 1TB WD (HDD2) 320GB SG

Video Card: BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 OC

Monitor: Proview 19" LCD Widescreen 1440x900

Sound Card: Supreme FX2 SoundMAX HD Audio

Operating System: XP Pro SP3 x86 & VISTA Ultimate SP1 x64 (Dual Boot)

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA

Computer Case: (CASE) Thermaltake Soprano (PSU) Thermaltake Toughpower 850W

I am pretty confident that I will max out Gta 4 at 1440x900 with my specs what do you think?

Yes i think they are quite up to scratch. And nice Graphics Card.

well if ur pretty sure tht ur PC will max out GTA 4.. then y ur showing off ur PC specs??

Umm, ever heard of a little word called "Asking"? If not, I wonder why you're here...

Also, your signature is too huge, get it resized within 24 hours, or get it removed. Thanks.

I think with those specs, you can play GTA 4 possibly in max settings. Plus it's a pretty good system you have their, I have no doubts about it.

Umm, ever heard of a little word called "Asking"? If not, I wonder why you're here...

Also, your signature is too huge, get it resized within 24 hours, or get it removed. Thanks.

I think with those specs, you can play GTA 4 possibly in max settings. Plus it's a pretty good system you have their, I have no doubts about it.

Then wat should be the size of the damn signature... ?!?

anyone think i can pull off low settings? i can play Crysis on 1024x768 (my native) on medium at great fps

Windows XP Professional SP2

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.80GHz 800FSB 512k

1024MB DDR PC3200 Crucial Dual Channel

BFG Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 AGP8x

SoundMax Digital Audio

80GB 7200RPM HDD