(ALVASI @ Oct 6 2008, 08:00 PM)

Can My Computer be able to run it ? BTW Here are my specs :

Windows XP SP2

Intel Pentium 4 - 3.00 ghz

1 GB Of Ram

Nvidia Geforce 6200 - 256 mega bytes of graphics memory

Can it ?

No, you will need to up your graphics and CPU

Dude I Think it can because my computer is able to run crysis and Doom 3 at full graphics ?

Windows XP SP2

1 GB Of Ram

Can it ?

Dude I Think it can because my computer is able to run crysis and Doom 3 at full graphics ?

GTA IV will be a lot heavier than both of these i suspect.

Windows XP SP2

1 GB Of Ram

Can it ?

LOL. Either you're high or you posted the wrong specs.

My 8800 GT can just handle Crysis on high so there is no way your 6200 can even get close. Don't get me started on your CPU.

Also Lonewolf^ Crysis' graphics is "heavier" than GTA IV.

Windows XP SP2

1 GB Of Ram

Can it ?

My 8800 GT can just handle Crysis on high so there is no way your 6200 can even get close. Don't get me started on your CPU.

Dude whatever you say I'm not lying it can really do !

Windows XP SP2

1 GB Of Ram

Can it ?

Dude whatever you say I'm not lying it can really do !

Not saying you are lying, its just those specs will never run Crysis.

^Chris, that is debatable.

as long as the board is PCI-e x16 than the 9600GT should work for you. i too have an older ASUS board with a nearly 3 year old BIOS, the P4V800D-X to be exact. seems ASUS stops updating BIOSs for boards once they are a year or more old.

but i would say u can play the game on low to medium, may be jerky with that 7950 (not dissing it, it just prolly wont perform the best with IV). consider the BFG 9600GT, very good card. i have to say that any computer that can run Crysis on low at 15-30fps should pull of GTA IV on low. keep in mind Crysis was very poorly coded, and R* usually codes their PC games very well. for example, San Andreas ran fine for me on a Geforce2 GTS 64mb (1024x768, medium settings).

im sure it will be a big surprise to everyone when that game (IV) will run on systems with lower specs..

and where the hell are they with the Minimum reqs?! shouldnt be too much longer, my guess is sometime after the 1st.

I plan to run it on 11x8 because while my monitors native is 12x10, i was used to how 10x7 looked on my old monitor that when i changed it, i kept the orientation.

18 inch flat viewable 10x7

19 inch lcd 11x8

Like i said I passed the Crysis minimum requirements and the max ones for GTA 4 are less than Crysis

as long as the board is PCI-e x16 than the 9600GT should work for you. i too have an older ASUS board with a nearly 3 year old BIOS, the P4V800D-X to be exact. seems ASUS stops updating BIOSs for boards once they are a year or more old.

but i would say u can play the game on low to medium, may be jerky with that 7950 (not dissing it, it just prolly wont perform the best with IV). consider the BFG 9600GT, very good card. i have to say that any computer that can run Crysis on low at 15-30fps should pull of GTA IV on low. keep in mind Crysis was very poorly coded, and R* usually codes their PC games very well. for example, San Andreas ran fine for me on a Geforce2 GTS 64mb (1024x768, medium settings).

im sure it will be a big surprise to everyone when that game (IV) will run on systems with lower specs..

and where the hell are they with the Minimum reqs?! shouldnt be too much longer, my guess is sometime after the 1st.

i think the 9600GT is an overrated card, it cat even run SA on full, it gives me 10-14 FPS when i do

i think the 9600GT is an overrated card, it cat even run SA on full, it gives me 10-14 FPS when i do

Probably the rest of your PC sucks, because i have a Nvidia Geforce 9600GT, and when I run SA on full, i still get like 120-140 frames per seconde, or you're just lying.

Edited by RaverJeroen1992

ya claude, u either have a crippled card or the world's worst chipset.. a 9600GT could handle 30+ San Andreas's at the sametime with no lag. or, maybe you confused the NVIDIA 9600GT with the ATI Radeon 9600?

and for the post at the top, it IS possible to play Crysis on that setup. it is very close to my specs with a little faster CPU and i used to have the same card, the 6200 OC 256mb. the game ran on lowest settings at an avg. of 12-15fps. it is possible, just very very very laggy!

Edited by x_orange90_x

then how do u explain such bad performance? u must have 1gb of PC2100 and a P4 without HT.. and even then it shouldnt be that low. i used to play it on a Dimension 4100 w/ P3 733MHz, 384mb PC2100, GF2 GTS 64mb, and Windows XP Pro on medium settings at 1024x768 with much better frames than 10-14.

im not tryin to be an ass or anything, im just saying that u cant blame the video card for that low of performance when it can play Crysis on High in 1440x900 just fine. dude, its gotta be somethin in your computer that is causing it. is your game modded by any chance?

Edited by x_orange90_x

im gonna take a stab at this one: it COULD be because of Windows XP 64bit. San Andreas AFAIK isnt 64-bit friendly. download a Virtual Workstation of some sort and install XP 32bit and put San Andreas on that. i'll bet it will run fine. or since you have a 500gb drive, make a new partition and just dual boot 64bit and 32bit.

and why a XEON Quad Core? those are server processors, not really for gaming.

edit: try this first:

lauch the game

after its loaded, ALT-TAB out

CTRL-ALT-DELETE to open Task Manager

find gta-sa.exe in the Proccesses

right click it and click Set Affinity

uncheck all but the first core

click ok, close task manager and return to your game.

this may work for you seeing how u have 4 cores and SA is a Single Core application.

Edited by x_orange90_x

yeah thats weird. my friend has a 9600GT he has crysis on like high settings for pretty much all. (i think 1280x1024 res) and its fine. san andreas gets maxed to whatever res the monitor can take, full settings, full aa. not even a chance of thinking about attempting to lag lol.

Really strange considering SA can run on full on a 9400 GT with better fps (probably the worse card for video games in existance)

and btw , when you say you can run Crysis on full on a 9600GT do you mean with or without AA?

i own a 9800GT and having lag with more than 2xAA on 1280x960 and high details.

anyone think i can pull off low settings? i can play Crysis on 1024x768 (my native) on medium at great fps

Windows XP Professional SP2

Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.80GHz 800FSB 512k

1024MB DDR PC3200 Crucial Dual Channel

BFG Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 AGP8x

SoundMax Digital Audio

80GB 7200RPM HDD

Crysis on medium with good fps? I really doubt it but you should be able to play GTA IV on low.

Windows XP SP2

1 GB Of Ram

Can it ?

No, you will need to up your graphics and CPU.

CPU

You Have: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+ PASS

CPU Speed

You Have: 2.20 GHz Performance Rated at 3.70 GHz PASS

System RAM (RAM)

You Have: 510 MB .

Operating System

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional

You Have: RADEON X300 Series (ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x5B60))

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 256 MB , You have - 256 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

could my pc run gta 4 guys please help

You've got low ram, bad CPU and i doubt your graphics card can handle low settings.

will mine be able to run IV?

1.73 dual core

2GB Ram

Vista

160GB HDD

its a laptop...

Graphics? Judging by your CPU i doubt the graphics card would be any better.

it says up to 384mb graphic memory....will it work? At least on the lowest resolution?????

Really strange considering SA can run on full on a 9400 GT with better fps (probably the worse card for video games in existance)

Well that is strange cuz i have heard many positive reviews about the card. If 9400 is shit then i am beginning to worry about my 8500 GT. Hope it runs GTA IV :erm:

Don't get me wrong , it's not a bad card in general , just bad for gaming. It is probably one of the best cards for multimedia PCs since its temperature is kept low , it has no annoying sounds and it also has low power consumption.

I wouldn't count on it but you may be able to play on lowest settings if your RAM and CPU are up to the task.

im gonna take a stab at this one: it COULD be because of Windows XP 64bit. San Andreas AFAIK isnt 64-bit friendly. download a Virtual Workstation of some sort and install XP 32bit and put San Andreas on that. i'll bet it will run fine. or since you have a 500gb drive, make a new partition and just dual boot 64bit and 32bit.

and why a XEON Quad Core? those are server processors, not really for gaming.

edit: try this first:

lauch the game

after its loaded, ALT-TAB out

CTRL-ALT-DELETE to open Task Manager

find gta-sa.exe in the Proccesses

right click it and click Set Affinity

uncheck all but the first core

click ok, close task manager and return to your game.

this may work for you seeing how u have 4 cores and SA is a Single Core application.

yay thanks :D