The Chickenpox Virus

Deji

After recieving weird sounds on my PC and webpages opening up weird, random pages, I opened task manager (After having to reactivate it thanks to the virus) And found weird proccesses running which I had to go on to Regedit and delete them manually to disable...

I'm calling it the Chickenpox virus if it's new (lol) And I've reported it on the AVG Forums so any owners of it may soon be protected if they bother to investigate or if they even care... Currently, I dont think any Virus scanners may be able to detect it due to the fact it runs as a process and it could be labeled 'Critical' to the scanner. So it'd be ignored.

Just thought I'd let you know... Cause having it may be funny, but it's dangerous... I think. >.<

hey i know what you mean

this virus isnt new, it just is hard to find.

this was on a computer at my house, it kept opening internet explorer popups n shit. the way i fixed it...i deleted internet explorer. its not as easy as you think its like embedded in the OS so i had to get some program to delete it. i think it was called xp lite or something. then MSN had troubles cos it said it was missing a DLL file, but i got that off one of those dll sites and it was fixed. no more popups :)

i read the description in your sig, a lot of viruses give themself random names like that. another way to get rid of them is go to run and type 'msconfig', then click the startup tab, and uncheck any sus looking things in there. then reboot. if something important doesnt start up then well, u can recheck the box and try again. dont touch anything in services, although a few things can be disabled, a lot will cause problems if disabled.

Edited by WRX22B1998

I think the chickenpox is likely to be a variant of the Vundo worm, or some other malware. Took me three hours to get rid of it, since the DLLs were running as Winlogon notifiers, meaning that they load when you start your system, and that you haven't opened your user profile yet.

I might give the Combofix remover a try, too; if it removes a bunch of rouge files but fails to completely delete them, then a HijackThis scan might identify the worm.