Three Stooges The Movie (2009)

Apparently some people found it to be a good idea to remake "The Three Stooges" into a movie...for some reason. The people responsible for this are the Farrelly Brothers, who made "There's Something About Mary" and "Dumb and Dumber".

I personally find this to be a very bad idea. You can't possibly replace the original actor's and I think this will be a horrible movie, but hey...that's just me.

What does everyone else think of this...are writers running out of ideas, like some have been suggesting for a while now?

They are remaking everything now. I heard that the Rocky Horror Picture Show will be remade. Which to me is stupid as what made that film great was the $5 budget (well it sure looked like it). You could'nt make it better. I guess Hollywood do it as they know people who loved the original will see it. Then make a sequel to great texts. They are making a Phantom of the Opera 2 for the West End. They should leave classics be.

Even though Oceans 11 was much better then the original rat pack version.

i occasionally watched the original Three Stooges when i was a kid, but i just don't like the idea of remaking a new one, remakes and sequels generally don't make good results.

Much like those Filipino remakes of popular foreign drama/buddy/romance series like Ugly Betty and Marimar - they often end up more or less like half-baked or cheesier than the originals...

i occasionally watched the original Three Stooges when i was a kid, but i just don't like the idea of remaking a new one, remakes and sequels generally don't make good results.

Much like those Filipino remakes of popular foreign drama/buddy/romance series like Ugly Betty and Marimar - they often end up more or less like half-baked or cheesier than the originals...

it is because general Filipino population loves lesser creativity and don't criticize much, they just accept the fact that Filipino movies and shows would never improve...

@Earthbound : yeah, stereotypical movies of Hollywood... although quite few are good to watch

Edited by Unnamed Noodle

I would hate if they remade Goodfellas. Some remakes are good, like the Chronicles of Narnia. But I like my films old and fuzzy, like the classic Disney. I think I would cry if they remade Paint Your Wagon but they probably wouldnt.

This is scary! Click me. Two posts about Goodfellas simultaneously. It just goes to show how rockin' that movie really is! ;)

But seriously, if I ever hear you use the words "Goodfellas" and "remake" in the same sentence, I'll have to kill you.

Edit: Typos

Edited by Earthbound

Apparently some people found it to be a good idea to remake "The Three Stooges" into a movie...for some reason. The people responsible for this are the Farrelly Brothers, who made "There's Something About Mary" and "Dumb and Dumber".

I personally find this to be a very bad idea. You can't possibly replace the original actor's and I think this will be a horrible movie, but hey...that's just me.

What does everyone else think of this...are writers running out of ideas, like some have been suggesting for a while now?

I can't say its a bad idea to remake the three stooges but i do know that they will not be able to make it as good as the original. I'm a fan of the original and i watched it a lot, you just can't make the same atmosphere again.