The Most ANNOYING Ad Ive Ever Seen!

I'm laughing at MS mate not the users, MS=Microsoft, read whats contained within my ** lol, i was laughing at the fact they added 2 IE's in when there was no point, tbh i was using IE for about 4 month bofer 2 weeks ago cos i couldent be bother re installing firefox, but i've still ended up back on it, it'sjust certain BB codes dont work on FF with IPB forums ive made, like the Glow BB code ect, im not laughing at the usesrs, each to their own.

I use FF. I was replying to a topic in the RMC Private Chat. Ill try that Adblock pro thing for FF...

@ Chris' post about taking a screen: I just got another one while viewing this topic. I got AdBlock Plus just now. Hopefully it wont happen again. That was almost as bad as when I went to the wrong site for 2girls1cup and it wouldnt let me exit it. :'(

Edited by Highwire

So basically you used to use IE because you can make glowing text? That's retarded. Seriously. You actually like the deprecated gimmicky HTML that IE has?

And BTW, Gerard works for MS, hence him making that post above ;)

LMAO, no i dont use it for that, as of last night i uninstalled IE, i hate IE with a passion, i hate to say for IE lovers out there, when i was in school i insatalled it on, on my account and the admin went nuts at me thretning to ban me from the system, i soon bribed him with a copy of MS Office 2007 and copies of windows 7 from me, he didnt bother me after that, but im on the wagon of IE haters, i just occasionaly have to use it to check all the BB codes work, but i cba any more, IE will have to suffer from now on, all hail the script that stop IE users seeing websites ad tells them to get another browser, although i dont use it cos that would be stupid :), or would it >_>.

I'm laughing at MS mate not the users, MS=Microsoft, read whats contained within my ** lol

Yeah as Chris says, I work for Microsoft. So you were laughing at me.

Some sites have special features that only work in some browsers - especially Active X (which is always IE-only). So sites can easily detect which browser you are using (when you request a page), and then decide whether or not to show you the content of the site, or send you a simple version or reject you entirely.

Well if you work for Bill Gates then you know how he started MS by taking he best friends little program he made as some fun gave him damn all for it and started MS with it, his best friend had infact invented dos, and bill bought it off him, thats why im a little of with MS, and the fact a lot of featurs in the the terrible os Vista came from Mac funnily, but im not having a go at you, most likely your one of the nice one who works for ms lol.

I really don't mean to go further offtopic here...

I love it when people yell at Microsoft for "stealing" ideas from macs. You seriously don't think thats how everything is made? Do you think it would be better if there was a world where only 1 company was allowed to make operating systems or use a feature? There would be no competition, no reason for further development

Vista was not good enough. We all know that. It was still a good product, I mean it does amazing things compared to (say) Windows 98, but it wasn't anywhere near good enough for the current market, the price, and the advertising that went with it. In contrast, Windows 7 is absolutely superb.

And Bill Gates left Microsoft a year ago, so I work for Steve Ballmer instead. And your story is not correct - Microsoft started by making BASIC interpreters, not DOS. They then bought 86-DOS from another company, and used that to make PC-DOS and MS-DOS. Even if someone else wrote the first version of the software, Microsoft did the hard work improving it, marketing it, selling it, supporting it etc, and it was the good products that made MS what it is today.

</history>

Wow, Gerard really works for MS? That's an awesome job you got there mate.

And for the ads, well usually before I added the ad-block program Firefox has I just got the UGO ads and Insurance ads mainly. And another thing was some pop ups about a survey use to come every so often, but that seems to be gone now.

I find that Internet Explorer is a good browser... On it's own. Without competition. But compared to Firefox it's crap. If Firefox never existed then people would still like Internet Explorer. I never heard any complaints before Firefox came out...

But to be honest, I much pefer IE7 than IE8, which is just turning Internet Explorer into some sort of button-filled, ram-crushing, multi-proccessing, crap browser. As opposed to the nice and light (but crap) browser it was before :) I used to use it for browsing sites I trusted because it worked MUCH faster on my machine than Firefox. But I found out how to tweak Firefox now so besides from a few remaining annoyances and things I miss about IE, I'll be loving Firefox.

Anyway, I used to get this error (with many browsers) from downloading dodgy software from badly designed freesites :P All I had to do was remove the software manually and remove all registry entries :)

Well the advert problem is solved for me, this is after windows 7 crashed when installing Autodesk 3DS MAX, and would never boot again, and now ive reinstalled 4 times and solve the constant Blue screens of death caused by the latest Nvidia drivers, wonderful, it's safer to use the ones windows dowloads lol, anyways the adverts seem to be behaving now, and im just reinstalling GTA as i type :P.

Well the advert problem is solved for me, this is after windows 7 crashed when installing Autodesk 3DS MAX, and would never boot again, and now ive reinstalled 4 times and solve the constant Blue screens of death caused by the latest Nvidia drivers, wonderful, it's safer to use the ones windows dowloads lol, anyways the adverts seem to be behaving now, and im just reinstalling GTA as i type :P.

What!?

LOL it's the other way round mate. The drivers Windows Update provides for nVidia cards are known to cause problems. nVidia themselves always recommend you get the latest from their website, and not use Windows Update at all. Same goes for ATi although there's no known bugs with theirs. But yeah, the nVidia drivers are know to cause blue screening if you get via WU, so don't :P

Can we close this topic now or is anyone still getting stupid ads?