What are you listening to right now?

Chris

@ chris82, Guessing: Punk rock <_<

Hell no. Although it is slightly better than rap. How can you listen to that shit?

When your older brother blares it for five years in the adjacent room, you grow used to it and start to like it. Then again, I'll thank him, because rap was 10 times better than what I was listening to before it: Radio Disney. *shudders*

Come on, Come On - The Von Bondies

EDIT: Besides, Def Jam: Fight for NY was a damned good game and How High was funny as hell. (Yeah, I do know Def Jam used the same engine as AKI's older wrestling games, but still.)

Edited by WnN2

Hey, I kinda like punk rock. But whenever someone would post emo, you don't see me fly off the handle and look down on them with disgust.

Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand

I don't hate it either, I was just trying to get back at chris for his smiley on rap :P

@ chris82, Guessing: Punk rock <_<

Hell no. Although it is slightly better than rap. How can you listen to that shit?

Techno? I listen to rap/hip hop because thats the music I grew up here in L.A I like it, specially Bone Thugs

WC, ft Snoop Dogg, Nate dogg- The streets

Mishom thats why I mostly listen to 90's rap. Its so much better than todays, I'm just waiting on Dr Dre's new album.. Hopefully it has that old school feeling.

@WnN2 I don't either... I was just replying back to his smiley, it was nothing bad.

Bone Thugs N Harmony- For the Love of Money

Edited by Charger

At the very least, people should come up with legitimate arguments as to why rap sucks. If you use profanity or that it's objectifying women as reasons, then that's a good argument. However, it's a pretty damn weak argument to say all rap sounds alike, because that shows you have a very limited grasp on the subject.

Oh, and some rappers do write their own lyrics. Eminem and TI, for example. (Hell, TI wrote some of Bow Wow's lyrics.)

I'm a Flirt Remix - R. Kelly feat. TI and T-Pain

1. It's about 'gangsta's,' who

• Hate people who aren't black
  • Think they're 'immune' to police, then they get caught committing crimes, then rap about how the police 'hate' on them
  • They don't sing, they talk, so it technically isn't a 'song'
  • They make songs about themselves, like I give a shit about how much money they have or how many people they've killed
  • They 'represent' a neighborhood. Seriously, shut the fuck up, sit the fuck down, make your music, and be quiet. We don't need people dead over music
  • They sample so much from other music. Seriously, come up with your own music

Basshunter - Counter-Strike The MP3

At the very least, people should come up with legitimate arguments as to why rap sucks. If you use profanity or that it's objectifying women as reasons, then that's a good argument. However, it's a pretty damn weak argument to say all rap sounds alike, because that shows you have a very limited grasp on the subject.

Oh, and some rappers do write their own lyrics. Eminem and TI, for example. (Hell, TI wrote some of Bow Wow's lyrics.)

I'm a Flirt Remix - R. Kelly feat. TI and T-Pain

It does all sound exactly the same. Its either about how much money they have, how much money they don't have, or women. Each song is basically about one of those three. And its really sad, a lot of rappers don't write there own music. Sure, some may, but a lot of them don't. But whatever, I really don't want to get into an argument and that's where this is going. So lets just chill. :cheers:

"Madagascar" - Guns N' Roses

1. It's about 'gangsta's,' who
  • Hate people who aren't black
  • Think they're 'immune' to police, then they get caught committing crimes, then rap about how the police 'hate' on them
  • They don't sing, they talk, so it technically isn't a 'song'
  • They make songs about themselves, like I give a shit about how much money they have or how many people they've killed
  • They 'represent' a neighborhood. Seriously, shut the fuck up, sit the fuck down, make your music, and be quiet. We don't need people dead over music
  • They sample so much from other music. Seriously, come up with your own music

Basshunter - Counter-Strike The MP3

1. I think you're valid with the "gangsta" issue, because there aren't that many rappers who have proven that they were part of any gang. There's like, five rappers who actually were affiliated with gangs.

2. Try saying that to D12, 50 Cent, Mike Jones, TI, Ludacris, Dr. Dre, DMX, Jay-Z (who even collaborated with Linkin Park on an entire album), and many others.

3. I'll give that one to you. Take NWA's song, "Fuck Tha Police", which fits your argument like a glove.

4. Have you heard of Nate Dogg? He actually does sing his lyrics.

5. Usually, whenever I hear songs like that, they're usually dissing some other rapper who may or may not have what they have. Case and point, Eminem versus Benzino. Then again, some songs like "I'm a Flirt", would fit your argument.

6. I've never heard of a case where one rapper killed another one because of music. Rappers usually die because of some stupid argument or fight with a non-rapper that could have been avoided.

7. That's got to be the weakest argument of all. I haven't heard much rap that samples other music, and when they do, it's usually parodying that other music.

What I've Done - Linkin Park

Edited by WnN2