SCARFACE:The World Is Yours

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are similarities (especially to Vice City) but they are distinctly different. In GTA (except SA & VCS) you can't swim.

Tony can swim but he can't jump so small barriers stop him. Scarface doesn't have a "Pay 'n' Spray", but you can pay off

the cops & rival gangs & Scarface has "Henchman" characters you can play & a blind rage mode.

If you're into GTA, you should like Scarface.

From a quality standpoint, no one beats Rockstar.

Okay, so I finished the game & decided to start a new one.

I noticed something on the mission where you steal the armored car from Gaspar. The heli that chases you crashes just

west of the marina & leaves 2 SAWs in the street. I got out & grabbed one but couldn't get back from the bank fast enough

to get the second (this is before you can buy the "driver" henchman who can bring you a car). This should make the

drive-in take over go a little differently.

There are similarities (especially to Vice City) but they are distinctly different. In GTA (except SA & VCS) you can't swim.

Tony can swim but he can't jump so small barriers stop him. Scarface doesn't have a "Pay 'n' Spray", but you can pay off

the cops & rival gangs & Scarface has "Henchman" characters you can play & a blind rage mode.

If you're into GTA, you should like Scarface.

From a quality standpoint, no one beats Rockstar.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Scarface is still an awesome game. Actually along with TC: NYC it's a very good GTA clone, but it's still no GTA.

GTA 4 life!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

Well, I finished the game. Last mission wasn't as bad as I expected, especially considering I got dumped in Sosa's yard w/

a Desert Eagle & 7 rounds (not clips, rounds) of ammo. Have your balls meter maxed before you take this one & you have

a chance. Look for nooks or small rooms for cover & just keep building up your balls & using rage.

Since I'm killing time until GTA4 I restarted. In my current game I own Little Havana 100% & the Babylon Club, almost at

reputation level 8 & almost all exotics owned except for Al Capone's car, the yacht & the major ($20mil +) investments.

Took a lot of Felix leads to get there.

• 3 weeks later...

Another bump, useful.

If you haven't found it yet, there's a useful glitch down the islands. One of the small islands just south of Tranqualandia

keeps re-spawning a pirate gang. Park your attack boat just out of range of the M-79 (they all carry one) & come ashore on

the east end of the island & let your henchman do most of the shooting. If you have the Deagle, use it on the stragglers.

Run west across the island & pick up money & grams dropped. As you get to the rocks on the west end the gang should

re-spawn. Keep CLOSE to them as they all carry M-79s & won't shoot if you're close to them & take cover from friendly fire

behind the rocks. Run back to the buoy on the east end & repeat this a few times, then the bosses start to spawn & almost

every pirate you shoot drops a crate. This is a quick easy way to rack up balls, cash & grams.

On the map -

GlitchIsland1.jpg

What you should see -

GlitchIsland2.jpg

What you find -

GlitchIsland3.jpg

I'm playing PC version w/out the patch.

Happy hunting.

You know I was just about to do this, and then I realised..i have my friends ps2 memory card for some bizarre reason. And mine is at his holiday house a few hours drive away....

greatttttttt....no ps2 these xmas hols...

edit: better stay on topic...

The deagle you have...how did you get 475 spare bullets (holding)..cant you normally only get like 8/80 something...is this what you can do after buying the montana defense investment?

Edited by WRX22B1998

Work lots of overtime, eat Ramen noodles & save up to buy MONTANA DEFENSE from the exotics catalog. :lol:

MONTANA DEFENSE gives you an extra weapon slot & drastically increases your ammo capacity. Before you buy it, put any

weapons you want to keep in your trunk, it gives you some nice new ones.

Speaking of weapons, when you go to a deal make sure you are NOT carrying the M-79 or either of the rocket launchers.

If the deal goes bad you might draw one of these w/ bad results.

I had one go bad in the underground garage where you steal the armored car & pulled a rocket launcher. Blew up the

supplier, my hench-tard (after a while you see why I call them that), the supplier's body guards & car & my Bodog Stampede

(last one cost $240,000 to fix). CONO! I still don't know how, but I survived that one w/ 10% health & took down the last

body guard who also had about 10% health.

Just for future reference, when Tony gets fubared, call up your driver/enforcer/assassin. When you return to Tony your

health is reset to 100%.

New ones.... :drool:

What does it give? I cant imagine what else there could be...

Could you clarify as to "what" is? Happy to answer.

All my storehouses are fully stocked & I have over $700 mil in the bank. My game glitched (again) & I don't have a direct

supply from Sandman's plantation. No prob, I'm pretty good dealing w/ the suppliers & always walk into a deal expecting the

worst.

All that's left is a trip to Bolivia....

"Before you buy it, put any weapons you want to keep in your trunk, it gives you some nice new ones."

It being Montana Defense. What new weapons does it give?

Ok...I mean...are there NEW weapons that are unavailable unless you have montana defense that are unlocked once its purchased?

Okay, gotcha'.

When you get Montana Defense, your weapons are replaced w/ a better set (you can switch back) & the ones you were

carrying just go away. The weapons could be bought before you buy MD, I just never pay for something I can capture

in a firefight.

Scarface on a next-gen? I'll keep my PC version & hold out for a decent patch (first one doesn't work), wouldn't want to

give up the mouse for aiming.

Ooo...i see what you mean

I reckon scarface on X360 or PS3 would be so much better, (than ps2, i like PC aiming too, but it lags on my pc...what are your specs...

(i couldnt even run it on 640x480 low quality and i have a core 2 1.66ghz and a 7300 - laptop though that might make a difference?)

They could do so much more with the graphics. And it would be cool if you could buy / use helicopters/planes. They could probably make a bigger map as well. Did you mean a enhanced version - or like...a sequel? A sequel would be weird...nothing to put in I suppose.

edit:

Got a new ps2 memory card yesteday and started a new scarface profile (no cheating this time round:P)..ive got all the havana fronts but need storehouse for the bigger deals..

Edited by WRX22B1998

Run leads & make deals until you can afford your Boat Driver, Driver & Enforcer henchmen, & stock pile their weapons (AK,

MAC-10, Shotgun & M-79) after you run a few missions. You want the Boat Driver in case you get 'LOSE THE COPS" missions

& need to make a quick escape.

This makes OAKLEY DRIVE-IN less of a bitch.

Anyway, good luck.

Hey yeah I thought of doing that

by the time I had bought boat driver + enforcer + driver I already had AK anyways the M-79 seems ok but i've had some bad experience with it eg accidently switching to that to kill a gang member standing next to my car (ooooopppps - what was that...oh son of a ..)

I know I'm stupid..go on laugh. :P

Had some trouble beating the Freedom Town Redux mission...man what a pain. Pretty much had to start with a full balls meter, then rush in, kill the guy with the machete and then kill the guy with ak, and trigger blindrage...You notice how strong the guns that are mounted on the boat are compared to the ones you can hold (eg AK). I think im on level 4 reputation (fellini, brahma armored van etc unlocked) i've bought everything except some investments + space suit thats unlocked so far..

wow long post...umm I noticed that it makes no sense to take your small supplies (grams) to a front..you get ~$50 /gram from a front, but you get $100/gram if selling to dealers on the street with best result + no heat...except babylon club (at the moment its 90 something--dont have it yet) but i remember later in the game it got up to ~$120/gram...

Now i just need to do lots and lots of distribution then go get all the fronts in downtown..playtime is about 6hrs

Well I have all fronts in downtown..and all exotics of level 4 (except investments+unique)..just unlocked level 5 and now have the shotty attachment for the AK :D

**big edit**

Hmm...after weapon upgrades (mac10 stock + ak shotgun) back to ~10k in the bank...Well...back to small supplier deals..

Although i got like 250k for killing Nacho Mercenaries...that was good. I then got a large supplier, put it in storehouse. Then got heaps of small supplier deals and ended up having ~4000g. I then sold it at fidel's records because I really couldnt be bothered going to 40 dealers...even to get the $100/gram. Then used that money + distribution money to buy babylon club..

The mission for babylon club is frustrating sometimes...so close to escaping, then the retard VIP decides to not follow you and gets shot in the face by a shotgun..I see during blind rage "The VIP was killed.." Much cursing followed :pissed:

Then I did it again, and beat it..so I was happy. I think I've killed 20/21 gangs in little havana, don't know where the last one is..might search a map. Although I heard killing all gangs apart from getting money (and progress towards 100%) is nearly totally pointless because they will still spawn etc..

I remember on my other profile it would be fun to do the "GOBALLS" cheat - which made gang heat go up by 1000 each time. It was funny to do until its full, then some message about retaliation comes up..then I see my car I just called (the luxury old style one - Whiskey Ghost) get blown up by a rocket& then I quickly turned off the PS2 to avoid the millions in repairs. I then found I had lost about 10mil in distribution moneys. Another thing with that car was when my younger cousin was playing (big big mistake) he called the Whiskey Ghost then accidently drove it into the water. Then he got away from it (from Havana to downtown) and I didnt notice and then I saved..Then I noticed the fat repair bill...no good :(

Edited by WRX22B1998

You're making progress.

As I recall, I did Freedom town by starting out running South & getting a machete, going around the end of the structure

& coming back up the other side & getting a 45 (pistol shots = more balls).

Get the Babylon Club & you can dump your grams for $117 a gram. Then do a couple Felix leads & small supplier deals

to raise the price back up. No chance of a bad deal either.

Hey dont know if you guys know about this, but there is a sperm bank in Scarface. Looks similar to the blood bank, but is UNMARKED on the map. When you have a full rage meter (the white outline around where it shows your health) you can trade that in for $25000 cash..useful I suppose if you have like no money (not even enough for a small supplier) but also cool to know as well.

this is a map of where one is

001tl0.jpg

It is near the Havana store house on the road there with the trees in the middle, on the right hand side. There is an alleyway. go down it and turn right. then you will see the trailer. Your balls meter must be maxed for this to work I think..a full meter gets $25000 (did for me anyway)

Edited by WRX22B1998

I think it isnt on reputation but on how much balls is in the balls meter. When you get femme upgrades some are balls, which makes the meter have a larger capacity. I suppose this could be it. Yeah I heard about the other one in the industrial area, also in the FAQ, but they gave a vague location and thought mentioning their description would cause everyone to whinge about it etc

And Havana one was much closer. :tongue: