Do you like text language?

Ciaran

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realise how immature you sound. Your attitude is horrendous and you will get no where in life with an attitude like that. You will end up with nothing, you have to respect everyone on here. You may think you are the be all and end all but I dont. So shut up, stop being so immature and get a better attitude.

Whatever you just show the maturity of a six year old. You dont know what Im like I am very talkative and stick up for my views. Your a complete pillcok who hasnt justified any of the insults you have thrown at me.

You are just a lame gangsta wannabe who is spamming this topic.

I can understand the use of some text language on msn or mobiles but there is no need when it is no longer undertsandable.

Edited by I just shot a bear

Geez the amount of flaming that's going on in here... the warzone is there for a reason.

As this has shown, many people find reading proper English easier and that certainly applies to foreigners. We have a large international population on TGTAP, and those who have spent a long time (or not so long) learning English will not be fully aware of all the abbreviations of common words.

However, a lot of people conversely find text language easier to type, or just think its cool to be unable to write properly. Yeah? Try not talking properly - develop a lisp and see how many people take you theriouthly. If you read an article in a news paper where the author misspelt stuff and abbreviated everything, you'd think he was stupid probably. There's no reason why you shouldn't talk properly for the benefit of your readers. It actually takes me twice as long to attempt to abbreviate and misspell everything.

You can set up your own sites or go to another forum where that kind of thing is acceptable, but on here we do prefer people to at least try to write properly. Not asking for apostrophes in everything, excessive punctuation or unneccessarily long words, just asking you to talk properly so people can understand you.

Well, when the text language is abbreviated well and correctly (which also means non excesive use of abbreviations and funk-words), I don't actually mind TXT. Though it takes time to get used to TXT language. I got used to it because I SMS alot with my ex, and she abbreviates millions of words.

Then again, I don't LIKE it, I just can cope with it.

yes okay now try getting alife you stuck up f***.

I'm stuck up because I showed you the flaw in your logic? Hmmm, okay. Whatever makes you happy.

Yeah because the couple of seconds it takes to type properly affects our social lives. <_< You need to control your attitude as its seriously annoying. How can you justify what you called Spaz?

Lmao you make me laugh look at you kissin his ass? he's a mod that makes him special does it? just proves he has to much spare time I pitty him. I dont care if he is a mod or god himself he is a stuckup twat the worse he can do is ban me and as I have a social life something you and your boyfriend spazz know nothing about I really dont really care.

First off, genius, I'm not a mod, haven't been in a while, either. Second off, being a mod would make me no different than being a member. Not time-wise, atleast. So how would being a mod mean I have too much time? Pity me? Ha. Good one. I have no social life? Uh-huh..... That's why I just spent Thursday-Sunday at a social event, right? With my girlfriend, who doesn't even go to this forum....

Idiot this is the internet why take it so seriously.. maybe because the net is your life..?

We don't take the internet seriously. We just like to be able to relax and comfortably read the lame insults thrown at us.