Saw

SonOfLiberty

Hey has anyone ever wondered, if Saw will be turned into a video game?

I was thinking about this, after watching Saw 3.

I mean not exactly the same as the movie, but more like a prequel or non-canon. (Meaning no relation to the storyline, with the 3 movies)

Just worried if it was turned into a game, it'll be controversial like Manhunt and get banned.

Then again the movies never did.

Edited by MiamiViceCity

Om my god that would be the most disturbing video game to date if that was released.

Damn. yes it would, it would be good, like when you open a door with a trap set to it, there is an interactive cutscene, you have to hit the buttons in the right combi or die. Haha, Tomb raider legends...

But FEAR on the PS3 is meant to have a poo-ur-pants factor that's pretty high, lets just wait and see...

It wouldn't be that good, I don't think. I haven't seen Saw III, but 1 and 2 use virtually the same setting throughout the entire film.

If they did make a game, it could not be based on one of the films it would just be so boring and would have no real dynamic gameplay elements. So I'll have to say no to this idea, I can't see it working.

And yeah for scary shit you have FEAR- or more disturbing I guess, it's not scary, it just has immense gore and things that will make you jump as it's unexpected, which is actually awesome to achieve in a game.

I've thought about a Saw game too. You could have different choices like, "Do you want to use the saw to cut your foot or to cut the chain?" and you would use items and collect different things. And it shouldn't follow the same storyline as the movie. It would have the same idea (trapped in some little area).

Also there could be different endings like "your dead" , "your family is dead" or " everything's fine".

At the start of the game the main character would get an invintation to a party (the party would be a trap) and you have the choice of going or staying home. If you go you actually start the game, if you stay home it just says somthing like "what an uneventful day. The End"

I've seen Saw 3. It's fine.

What the hell kind of ending is "Everything's Fine"? Nothing will ever be fine if you play Jigsaw's game.

And that going to a party and just going home idea. Great idea to complete a game in two minutes. But, I've tried that same thing in a few Choose Your Own Scare: Goosebumps books, and it told me to choose the other option.

• 2 weeks later...