GTA Webmasters and... Podcasting?

Chris

A few months ago in an MSN convo with a few other webmasters (and individually thereafter) it was suggested (as a joke or otherwise) that it would be a cool idea if some of the GTA webmasters got together and created a podcast for you, the community, to download. Now I don't know how many of us would definitely do it, but there were 5 webmasters from the most popular GTA sites who were in that convo, I believe there would be at least 2 or 3 that would be willing to do it.

It hasn't really been discussed in detail, and has only cropped up in conversation a handful of times. It would be a first for probably any fansite or group of fansites for any videogame. The podcasts would most likely have us talking about the week's news, mods, maybe having 'guests' talk about the game etc.

What I'm wondering is what are your initial reactions and thoughts to this, and whether you think it would be a good idea or a bad idea.

If you think it's a good idea and have any thoughts on what we could talk about the please post them here too, it will help us reach a decision.

Corridon started a GTAWH weekly podcast with the ability to submit recordings, questions, a guess the game section each week, etc. It was fun, and I followed it a few weeks. Then I forgot about it....... o.o

Anyways, my point is, I'll atleast listen to it when it starts. I can't say it won't entirely slip my mind, but I'll listen at first.

Ha, me too, I hate talking. It seems I become less and less anonymous everyday now :P

But if we all [webmasters] do it then I guess it won't be so bad.

Imagine the hilarious mix of accents in the lineup:

Me - English - not a distinct accent though I allegedly sound camp and/or posh to some people (I'm neither :P )

Neil - Scottish

Adriaan - South African

adamcs - Scottish?

Jordan - deep big American footballer style

Not sure what other webmasters were interested, that's all I can remember from who was in the convo.

It depends on entirely how well its put together, obviously no one wants to particularly hear info they already know in more detail from news sites, so rather than essentially a badly read version of the latest GTA news, it could be done succesfully as a talk show highlighting different views on recent events and speculating based on (what we hope is) extensive knowledge. Just don't make it sound too corny or you'll lose all appeal.

Ha, me too, I hate talking. It seems I become less and less anonymous everyday now :P

But if we all [webmasters] do it then I guess it won't be so bad.

Imagine the hilarious mix of accents in the lineup:

Me - English - not a distinct accent though I allegedly sound camp and/or posh to some people (I'm neither :P )

Neil - Scottish

Adriaan - South African

adamcs - Scottish?

Jordan - deep big American footballer style

Not sure what other webmasters were interested, that's all I can remember from who was in the convo.

Actually Jordan's voice really isn't that deep/intimidating like a footballer's, per se. In fact watch this movie he shot at a 2004 Halo 2 launch event and listen to him interview people...