OMG!

rav0001

Ahhhh.......im good just sitting here and my computer in 2029.......IN AUSTRALIA. Ha im not getting hit.
sh**...
It was like the ocain or something......so russins dont be worryed
meh whateva i still got my life to live and anyway i live in the most deserted capital city in the world so i ain't gettin hit
no coz we freakin rock so we wont sink and quite frankly living in the country rocks i can blow shit up, drive my cars round and, shoot stuff and, ride my motorbike and nobody gives a f*** coz my nest door neighbor is 500 meters away
oh....ok
sorry,i edited 7 mins ago,and it dident change till u posted?????wierd
my bad. i started writing it before u edited it.
So what if great britain gets hit by it that's what they get for letting us whoop there ass in the ashes this year
lol

Not to mention the fact that barely any of you can spell. You're ALL Australian too, and there was me liking the Aussie's because they're more similar to the British, moreso than American's anyway. Please don't bring down my estimations in your country.

Guys if you're gonna post in Serious Chat you absolutely must stay on topic all the time. None of these shitty one word posts, and weak jest. You also need to write legibly and in some coherence so that we can actually understand what you're saying, no text/AIM/MSN slang whatever you want to call it.

Additionally, using a sensationalistic title such as "OMG!" is not the correct way to instigate a serious discussion, an accurate, descriptive topic title is the way to go.

BUT DON'T EVACUATE just yet. Although we can't force Apophis to miss the Earth after 2029, we have the technology to nudge it slightly off course well before then, causing it to miss the keyhole in the first place. According to NASA, a simple 1-ton "kinetic energy impactor" spacecraft thumping into Apophis at 5000 mph would do the trick. We already have a template for such a mission: NASA's Deep Impact space probe -- named after another 1998 cosmic-collision movie -- slammed into the comet Tempel 1 in 2005 to gather data about the composition of its surface. Alternatively, an ion-drive-powered "gravity tractor" spacecraft could hover above Apophis and use its own tiny gravity to gently pull the asteroid off course.

In 2005, Schweickart urged NASA administrator Michael Griffin to start planning a mission to land a radio transponder on Apophis. Tracking data from the device would almost certainly confirm that the asteroid won't hit the keyhole in 2029, allowing everyone on Earth to breathe a collective sigh of relief. But if it didn't, there still would be time to design and launch a deflection mission, a project that Schweickart estimates could take as long as 12 years. It would need to be completed by about 2026 to allow enough time for a spacecraft's tiny nudge to take effect.

So they think they can nudge it so it won't hit earth anyway.

i live in melboune,thats pretty far away from perth....

p.s, australia is an island,wouldent australia sink if a tidal wave hits us??

Australia is a continent and its not flat enough to be flooded by 800ft tidal wave . If that sh hits Atlantic ocean near GB im f***ed!

lol I love it how the only non-australian knew more about the country than all those other dickheads.