Global Warming Coming Up!

jack_bauer

do you notice that the weather this day becoming more hot??

especially in tropical countries like Indonesia, for example let's pick Jakarta, city where i lived

the temperatures reached to 38 degrees celcius! we can feel the sunlight more hot than ever

can you imagine 5 years later? 10 years? or even 50 years later??

i saw an interesting movie that viewed global warming as an important issue,

it's called "an inconvinient truth", an Academy Award-winning documentary film about climate change, specifically global warming, directed by Davis Guggenheim and presented by former United States Vice President Al Gore.

this is a little description about the world's temparature:

Instrumental_Temperature_Record.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There`s gonna be huge waves,due to the fact that the sea`s/ocean`temperaure will be higher and the corals that protect the land will die so nothing to protect the land from huge waves.Yeah half of EU will be desert in the next 50 years.

1 degree Celsius/10 years I heard is the temperature`s growth.It`s enough.

Not sure but the things I mentioned earlier might happen.

Well, we make it happen, we are the guilty ones

In no way am I feeling guilty. People with huge poluting factory's can. But what am I really doing to polute?

I just buy stuff, and I don't know of any polution that has happend by making the product :innocent:

I rather just not think about it. If I'd think about every single thing and the consequenses I'd probably be a vegitarian. But I love meat and eat a lot of it to.

Well, we make it happen, we are the guilty ones

In no way am I feeling guilty. People with huge poluting factory's can. But what am I really doing to polute?

I just buy stuff, and I don't know of any polution that has happend by making the product :innocent:

I rather just not think about it. If I'd think about every single thing and the consequenses I'd probably be a vegitarian. But I love meat and eat a lot of it to.

well Jace and CroScorpion,

it's not about the blame game, it's a consequence of human exploitation on nature,

we cannot deny the fact that all of us are the part ot it, human activity is the main cause of global warming,

if you don't care then you don't care about the future of your kids and your grandkids,

SO WHY CAN'T WE PREVENT BEFORE IT HAPPENS MORE AWFUL??

at least now, we can find a way to prevent

we find a cure to global warming

for example: what about making green areas in big city that produce huge pollution? (planting tree)

if you're talking about eating meat then you're talking about whole different topic, it's about health, not global warming

once again, it's not about the blame game

the important thing is that WE HAVE TO CARE :yup:

Edited by little_friend

I already know those stats from the 1st post. Tbh that doesn't concerne me much, simply because of the reason that I'll be dead before it reaches some lethal temperature. What concernes me more is actions that will be taken about it. Probably nothing now, when it's already too late, but could slow down the extinction. They'll be taken to save the lives of the richest asses while the others will die. Well, apocalypse has to come every once in a while to purify.

yeah, i saw the film too, we will die in less than 50 years, and it just came to me

why can't we prevent it before happening??? i mean there are bilions of us, and no one thought about this so called "global warming", even though the earth is polluted by factory smokes. :(

and it's not just the factory! there are cars who still needs more attention, because of CO2 emmision

this is not about whose fault this is!!!

i know that some of us are kids, who still need to learn the facts of life

but our life is at stake here dudes!

what can we do before it's too late(besides planting trees)? tell us little_friend, and not just little_friend, c'mon, somebody!

what can we do before it's too late(besides planting trees)?

-turn off unimportant electricity;

-use less heat/warm waters;

-check your vehicle carbon emission;

-support the law enforcer according the enviromental law;

-recycle;

-quit smoking;

-tell people around you to care about the environment, especially about global warming.

any more suggestions??

-turn off unimportant electricity;

-use less heat/warm waters;

-check your vehicle carbon emission;

-support the law enforcer according the enviromental law;

-recycle;

-quit smoking;

-tell people around you to care about the environment, especially about global warming.

any more suggestions??

Well speaking of that I could say I do all that stuff except that one with a law enforcer. Law enforcers here are very f***ed up, plus they have much serious things to deal with (with no success). I like dark, my house's always cold XD (but freezing showers - kickass), I don't have a vehicle, I recycle (you get money for recycling :)) and I totally hate smokers. There.

Our whole way of living is based on industry that has to meet our expectations and needs so will grow and polute more. It's not that easy stopping it.

What you could do is make factory's that don't have a that good filter pay a huge amount of tax so they'll actually be forced to buy and equipt a good filter saving us of alot of co2 and other stuff.

Also make eletricity more expensive, so people will use it wiser.

And that was on Cartoon Network :mellow:

It has been proven to buy polution by all kinds of gasses.

Don't be stupid ask some Ukers they might have watched it

It was on Chnnel 4 9.00 PM a couple of weeks ago, I think it was called the Truth about Global Warming.

ANd by the way Top Scientists were in this programme that said Global Warming is happening but not because of humans.

whoa, what else could cause global warming instead of us??

i think they are being unreasonable, dude :(

can you explain what you see on channel 4? it could've been some mass conspiracy ya know??

some of reporters do that for huge names and reputation

think with a clear head! what is it? natural causes? no, it is us man!

watch an inconvinient truth and then you'll understand that some of our best scientists are still studying global warming, and many of 'em considered by us as a nutjob, mad, lowlife, even crazy!! :wacko:

and the scientists who are againts 'em considered to be normal people??? :nope:

who do you trust more? the former vice president of the US? or the news?

I wathced this programme on Channel 4 a couple of weeks ago and it said that Global Warming is a lie and its not happenig because of CO2 emissions. Don't get me wrong it is happening but no because of cars and auroplanes and such, They said that it depends on the number of spots the sun have. :evil:

wow, interesting information you brought there PS3 Player,

however, scientists has proven since 1824 that the greenhouse effect is the cause os global warming,

The greenhouse effect was discovered by Joseph Fourier in 1824 and was first investigated quantitatively by Svante Arrhenius in 1896. It is the process by which emission of infrared radiation by atmospheric gases warms a planet's surface. On Earth, the major natural greenhouse gases are water vapor, which causes about 36-70% of the greenhouse effect (not including clouds); carbon dioxide, which causes 9-26%; methane, which causes 4-9%, and ozone, which causes 3-7%.

i believe that's a strong and tested argument,

if you say it's not because CO2, that would be a total denial -_-

Dudes its not CO2 that causes global warming. It's CO. People breathe out CO2, plants use them for generating sugar and oxygen.

Even the best thing in to big quantity's are bad. Naturally CO2 would boost plant growth, but lot's of CO2 now just goes straight up and destroys the atmosphere.

Dudes its not CO2 that causes global warming. It's CO. People breathe out CO2, plants use them for generating sugar and oxygen.

Even the best thing in to big quantity's are bad. Naturally CO2 would boost plant growth, but lot's of CO2 now just goes straight up and destroys the atmosphere.

OMG have you even read the link I put up, read that and then make up your own conclusion.