GDT version 1.0

Sherman

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BUZZKILL!!! They shipped the wrong parts! :bashhead: Kit was made for use w/ aftermarket MAF. But not so bad when I figured out the kit included parts for V6 & V8. And Autozone carries an aftermarket MAF housing, just need to pull the guts out of OEM MAF & swap.

Factory HP = 197.

Figures about the Copperhead. Maybe the new owners of Chrysler will run w/ it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sorry about the bad sound quality. Clocked myself at 10.56 0-60 ... not going to complain since I was going up a hill.

http://miller88.bounceme.net/0-60plus.wmv

Sweet, got 110 @ just under 4k revs, pretty sweet. Was that in top gear?

And that 0-60 aint so bad, i couldn't get that for shit, i'll have to try one day... Then i will get back to you all....

o.O Wierd. Kinda thinking about the idea of taking the pontiac and making it mine. For the time being, anyway. It's a 94 Pontiac Sunbird, I think the engine was rebuilt 20 - 30K miles ago. Plans are..

Wheels and rubber (~600 shipped to my door)

Repaint it (pealing paint) or new color (I want black).... that'd be around 600 - 1000, depending upon which route I take

Windsheild I hope insurance will pay for.

Tint (No clue on pricing)

and a new exhaust. The one on it now is falling down. (again, no idea on pricing)

Think it could be done for under 2K?

How much of the work are you willing to do yourself?

For paint, hit the local NAPA parts store. It's been a while but they used to carry "Fleet paint", from $30-$40 a gallon. High gloss

fast dry enamel. Fast as in you shoot it, put the paint gun down & it's dry to the touch (no pressure). Take a little time & get nice results for around $100.

Since it's a '94, I'll presume it's not OBD II computer. Of course I won't say you could replace the catalytic converter w/ a straight pipe as that would be illegal but if you did, it won't affect your computer (No downstream o2 sensor). Redneck engineering would be taking the single exhaust from a small v8 (or v6 if you have a 4-CYL) & graft it on just past your head

(or "Y") pipe. Could probably get that on the cheap at the junkyard. :gappy:

Sorry about the bad sound quality. Clocked myself at 10.56 0-60 ... not going to complain since I was going up a hill.

http://miller88.bounceme.net/0-60plus.wmv

Sweet, got 110 @ just under 4k revs, pretty sweet. Was that in top gear?

And that 0-60 aint so bad, i couldn't get that for shit, i'll have to try one day... Then i will get back to you all....

Yep, 110 was in 4th gear (or overdrive ... depends on what you want to call it)

At wide open throttle it will ...

1-2 shift @ ~32

2-3 shift @ ~62

3-4 shift @ ~99

Cuts out at 112