Movies

heres my rating for the harry potter series

Sorcerer's Stone: 3

Chamber of Secrets: 2

Prisoner of Azkiban: 1

Goblet of Fire: 0

GOF just wasnt like the other ones. i didnt like how the story went a different way than the others

and harry is getting WAY too old, so thats kind of ruining the series

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres my rating for the harry potter series

Sorcerer's Stone: 3

Chamber of Secrets: 2

Prisoner of Azkiban: 1

Goblet of Fire: 0

GOF just wasnt like the other ones. i didnt like how the story went a different way than the others

and harry is getting WAY too old, so thats kind of ruining the series

You are so wrong! he has to get older, yet he is still looking like a 14 year old. So it is no way affecting the series.

Here are my ratings:

Philoserher's Stone:

Book: 3

Movie: 4

Chamber of Secrets:

Book: 2

Movie: 3

Prisoner of Azkiban:

Book: 3

Movie: 2

Goblet of Fire:

Book: 4

Movie: 4

Order of the Pheonix:

Book: 1

Half Blood Prince:

Book: 5

And the bigger the book the better.

Edited by Dar-El

Philoserher's Stone:

Book: 8/10

Movie: 8/10

Chamber of Secrets:

Book: 7/10

Movie: 8/10

Prisoner of Azkiban:

Book: 6/10

Movie: 2/10

Goblet of Fire:

Movie: 0/10(Shitt According to me)

Order of the Phoenix:

Half Blood Prince:

Book: 9/10

My Ratings -_-

Yeah.Just like Spaz said.As the books got bigger it was impossible to decide what to put and what not to put.

They didnt mention Ludo Bagman was a Death-eater.In fast Bagman was not even depicted in the film.Niether did the torturers of Longbottom's parents etc.Due to this all shot.Films got boring according to me.

You can see my ratings slowly decrease :P

Hmm, I have to say the third and fourth movie has lost the charm the first too had. I think it was the changing of directors.

And I'm still sad Richard Harris is gone. :'(

Edited by The Architect

You are so wrong! he has to get older, yet he is still looking like a 14 year old. So it is no way affecting the series.

yes. he does need to get older for each movie.

about a year older

not 3 years older each movie

and at this rate, he'll probably be like 25 by the time they finish the last movie, when he should be liked 17

for a few of those movies that i rated either a 0 or a 1, i elaborated a little bit on why i felt this way about them. this is entirely my opinion, it does not mean you will feel that same way, please do not yell at me for it

Spoilers

Lady in the Water: 0-Usually, M. Night Symalan does thrillers and scary movies. Lady in the Water was like a drama. It was boring, and didn't really make sense.

Pulse: 0-It was about a computer virus breaking out and killing people. Give me a break!

The Return: 0-I don't remember much about it, but the storyline didn't make any sense whatsoever.

Saw 3: 0-It basically ruined the Saw series for me. It totally defeated the purpose of Saw. There are supposed to be ways out of the traps, and in Saw 3, the people just died.

Penny Dreadful: 0-The victim was hiding in her car the ENTIRE movie. It was boring as hell. Nothing happened, and they would introduce new characters and kill them off right away.

Blood and Chocolate: 0-It just wasn't what it seemed. I thought it would be a thriller, but it was more of a love story.

The Number 23: 0-This has to have been one of the most boring movies I've ever watched. It did have a great storyline, but nothing interesting happened in the movie. There weren't any parts that were suspenseful. Also, his wife kept preventing him from finding out the truth about what was going on, and they never explained that. Also, if the wife knew he wrote the book, why would she stay married to him knowing he killer his other wife(or girlfriend, I don't remember).

Black Christmas: 0-This movie was just flat-out pathetic. The acting was horrible, and it was very cheesey.

The Hills Have Eyes 2: 0-The remake of the first Hills Have Eyes was incredible. It was a very good movie. This one was a major disappointment. We can start of by saying that victims in horror movies aren't supposed to be military soldiers, and they shouldn't have assult rifles. Also, military forces (Trained or not) would be able to handle a situation like this. 12 or so US soldiers, armed with M-16 assult rifles and pistols, would not lose to a group of 7 mutants with blades. Speaking of mutants, in this movie, the mutants were so stupid. They looked like they had mold growing out of there skin. There deformities were just way too bizare. One of them had a tounge that was about a foot long. Give me a f***ing break! It is not in any way possible to have a tounge that is that long.

Slow Burn: 0-Pretty much another boring drama movie. The twist at the end was dumb. The person who turned out to be the killer had nothing to do with the movie. He was in like 2 scenes. And they kept dragging the twist out. First, this guy was the killer, then this guy, then him, and so on, so on.

The Tripper: 0-Just like Black Christmas. It had pathetic acting and effects. It was however very funny, but also very boring.

This is going to start up shit again, but I have to defend a good movie. In Saw III, it wasn't those people who were being tested, it was the guy trying to "save" them being tested. Also, the reason all the "traps" and stuff sucked((and I know, they did)), is because it wasn't Jigsaw doing them, it was Amanda. That was the ENTIRE point of III, was the fact that Amanda fails at life. It also tied everything together and made so much more sense out of everything. There IS a storyline to Saw, y'know. There is something behind all of those traps and gory deaths. Had they done what you suggested and "changed the story so III was better", it would've become a sell-out movie and would've lost most of it's fans.

No way should the movies ever be rated higher than the books. That's just BS.....

And Dar-El, if "the bigger the book the better", why did you give Goblet of Fire a higher rating than Order of the Phoenix?

True, I didn't put them in the same leauge though. I'm rating them differently, I couldn't rate a movie and book as the same.

Cause Order of the Phoenix sucked, Goblet of Fire pwns it. But Half-Bloob Prince pwned them all. I really have to read Order of the Phoenix, I might of matured since the last reading.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! I just found out JK Rowling is might wright an eighth HP book, to challenge Christopher Tolkien's (Yes, that Tolkien) recent LOTR add-on.

I'm ecstatic! (There is no smily that describes what I'm feeling)

HBP was is the best book in the series

Hope they dont make a sucked out movie out of it by deleting some of the main parts like they did in GOF!!(HBP IS BIGGER THEN GOF)

And when did you learn this?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! I just found out JK Rowling is might wright an eighth HP book, to challenge Christopher Tolkien's (Yes, that Tolkien) recent LOTR add-on.

I'm ecstatic! (There is no smily that describes what I'm feeling)

I know...it's gonna rule. And it's going to comic relif as well.

Were did you get that info from???

It was on the news.