PS3 V XBOX 360 V Wii

Red_91

If there is a problem with the 360 version which I think there might be, simple solution release it on 2 discs, but I think the main problem for the 360 is it has too many versions ie the CORE version is too crap whereas the ELITE version would take it. But if this has something to do with space, my solution would be just release it on 2 discs, it might cost more but what else can they do?

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think San Andreas was actually 9GB, they struggled to get it to fit on the PS3. You have asource for the 3GB claim?

Anyway I definetly think GTA4 will be bigger that oblivion maybe not in size but other things such as graphics and the actual city will take a lot of place since the graphics we have seen now are nothing short of amazing. But if this has got to do with space then I dont see why multiple gaming discs for the 360 won't happen since it can't fit the game if that is the case.

I think San Andreas was actually 9GB, they struggled to get it to fit on the PS3. You have asource for the 3GB claim?

Anyway I definetly think GTA4 will be bigger that oblivion maybe not in size but other things such as graphics and the actual city will take a lot of place since the graphics we have seen now are nothing short of amazing. But if this has got to do with space then I dont see why multiple gaming discs for the 360 won't happen since it can't fit the game if that is the case.

I used to. It was a 2005 issue of OXM where one reader questioned whether DVD 9 is enough space for next-gen gaming, to which the magazine replied with two examples, San Andreas and Oblivion, that fit well within one. However, since I lost the magazine, I can't quote it word-for-word. However, do you have a claim that San Andreas was 9GB, or that they struggled to fit it on PS3?

I have finally found my source to my earlier claim. In the August 2006 issue of OXM, page 87, reads as follows:

...As for Sony fans who think the PS3 version will be magically superior because Blu-ray's larger disc capacity can theoretically enable higher-quality textures with the extra disc space, they might be surprised to learn that the colossal San Andreas was a mere 3GB on Xbox, while 360's mammoth Oblivion filled less than 6GB on the 9GB available on the DVD.
Edited by WnN2

I have finally found my source to my earlier claim. In the August 2006 issue of OXM, page 87, reads as follows:
...As for Sony fans who think the PS3 version will be magically superior because Blu-ray's larger disc capacity can theoretically enable higher-quality textures with the extra disc space, they might be surprised to learn that the colossal San Andreas was a mere 3GB on Xbox, while 360's mammoth Oblivion filled less than 6GB on the 9GB available on the DVD.

I doubt ANY of what I'm about to say really matters, but to install San Andreas on a PC, it takes 3.6GB. So I'm guessing the game is about 3.6GB right?

It says that for the XBOX 1 not the PS2, I first heard before its release they were having problems fitting everything in. It must have only been 3GB on the X BOX since they must have made some changes from the PS2 version. Anyways I do still think that the problems R* are experiencing are both hardware problems and also space, but only time will tell. If they have this much problem on this game, whos to say the next gta will be a PS3 exclusive

It says that for the XBOX 1 not the PS2, I first heard before its release they were having problems fitting everything in. It must have only been 3GB on the X BOX since they must have made some changes from the PS2 version. Anyways I do still think that the problems R* are experiencing are both hardware problems and also space, but only time will tell. If they have this much problem on this game, whos to say the next gta will be a PS3 exclusive

By means of you're crappy grammar, you just said that the next GTA may be exclusive to 360, or rather that it was an exclusive, but may potentially lose it's exclusivity to the Xbox, which will join it as a platform for the game. Amirite kids? Fail.

FYI : you meant 'won't', not 'will...

Who's to say they aren't experiencing trouble on both systems. Xbox has twice the RAM of the PS3, Yet the PS3 has blu-ray capabilities, which will leave less work when trying to 'fit' the game onto writable media.

If it was only 3GB on the Xbox, the version that had the better graphics and more features, why would it be MORE than this on the PS2? BTW, they claimed it was on a dual-layer DVD, and yet my friend burned the entire game to a single layer DVD with no problem. So yeah.... DVD = 4.8 GB amirite?

You're saying Gears of War doesn't stand out? Or Crackdown, which came with the Halo 3 beta? (And was a good game by itself, albeit DMC3 difficult.) Dead Rising, Dead or Alive 4, PGR 3, and Forza 2 do not stand out?

X-Play Review Scores:

Saints Row: 3/5 (Which I totally don't agree with)

Gears of War: 5/5

Crackdown: 5/5

Dead Rising: 4/5

Dead or Alive 4: 4/5

PGR 3: 4/5

These do not stand out to you?

I DONT AGREE WITH THE SAINTS ROW!!!!!i would be so lost without saint's row(it looked that good to get a 360 lol)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!Rofl.PS3 Player, You play soccer and football stuff on a GAME?LOL.IF YOU LIKE SPORTS GAMES SO MUCH WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING THEM IN REAL LIFE?!It's ALOT better then passing a football with a button.who knows maybe you'll get enough money to buy a X-box 360 and xbox live since it costs money with BETTER geatures and more ACTION games then sitting at home pressing a button to pass a football.lol.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!Rofl.PS3 Player, You play soccer and football stuff on a GAME?LOL.IF YOU LIKE SPORTS GAMES SO MUCH WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING THEM IN REAL LIFE?!It's ALOT better then passing a football with a button.who knows maybe you'll get enough money to buy a X-box 360 and xbox live since it costs money with BETTER geatures and more ACTION games then sitting at home pressing a button to pass a football.lol.....

How the hell would you know if I play football in REAL LIFE. FYI I do but its still nice to play the pros game especially at a mates house or at my own. I'll always get Pro Evo season after season, and it isn't just me who plays these games it sold the most in November fior th PS2, 360, x box 1 versions. Seriously whats wrong with playing football games? Nevermind I think he might be another 10 year old.

Anyway back on topic, MS have released a price drop but not in the UK, This always happens here, never get any price drop until about a month after the American price drop. Anyway anyone know when the ELITE is out? Im seriously thinking of getting it.

360 may have a variety of games but its fail rate is poor compared to the PS3 and the Wii, the amount of money you spend on ANY console should last you a very long time.

Also look what I found

Less than half of DS owners know it has a touchscreen! [DS]

Thursday August 9, 12:17 PM

A fascinating new US study has revealed that nearly half of consumers who buy a Nintendo DS realise that it has two screens and that one of those is a touchscreen.

The report, titled “NextGen Functionality and Usage” investigates how educated buyers are regarding the features of videogame consoles that they purchase. The study revealed that, while PlayStation 3 owners download additional content as often as Xbox 360 owners, the majority are unaware that it’s even possible.

In a surprising set of statistics the survey indicated that 71% of PS3 users consider backward compatibility with PlayStation 2 games was the ‘most important PS3 function’ but that only 31% are aware that it exists.

Also, while 52% of PSP owners know that they can watch movies on the machine, only 49% know they can listen to MP3s while only 43% think that it’s possible to view photographs.

“This study verifies what many of us already know: features related to playing games are by far the most important to consumers of video game systems,” said Anita Frazier, industry analyst from The NPD Group who carried out the survey.

“While systems’ capabilities of providing owners with additional features may become more important in the future, currently the importance of these features and the awareness among consumers of these features is far from universal. To make headway in this ‘next-gen’ race, manufacturers still need to be primarily concerned with the quality and entertainment value of the games themselves.”

All courtesy to YAHOO for this article

360 may have a variety of games but its fail rate is poor compared to the PS3 and the Wii, the amount of money you spend on ANY console should last you a very long time.

Yeah, the 360 already has a variety of games compared to the PS3. All the PS3 has is MGS4 and maybe Final Fantasy 13. Screw Resistance, that game is not that impressive. Compare that to the 360's Dead Rising, Dead or Alive 4, PGR 3, Saints Row 1, Full Auto 1, Gears of War, Crackdown, Halo 3, Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Forza 2, Too Human, etc. And don't get me started on what the Wii has...well, I actually have a limited knowledge on Wii games, but they're probably much better than what the PS3 has to offer.

As for the failure rate, again. Who really gives a shit? Everything breaks. It's not like a console is gonna last 15 years, because that would qualify as a very long time. Even if the 360's failure rate was as really as high as retailers claim it is, it wouldn't be on store shelves. Then again, should we really trust what retailers have to say? I mean, whenever a console launches, Best Buy and Circuit City always bundle it with 10 games and several accessories for at least $1000. I'm just saying.

Besides, it's not like a 360 breaking is gonna cost you anything. Repairs/replacements are free. You're just gonna lose a month of 360 gaming at the most.

Edited by WnN2