animal abuse

MeL

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MrLlamaLlama: I know, and I've said that it isn't good. But then there is no other way (with exeption of testing on humans) to make sure if something good for a person and what the side effects are.

Only thing they do test on humans would be things like cough mixture stuff to see the side-effects what usually aren't drastic at all.

Yea well like many other people have said they should do the tests on people who are on death row i mean there going to die anyway why not test on them and the smaller stuff for people who volenteer.

If your ever thinking of getting an animal get one from a shelter because some of those animals you see there will end up at these animal testing places and plus i have gotten my cats from the shelter and there fine like any other cat.

What exactly do you mean with shelter?

If I'm going to buy a dog I'll just go to the shop and get a pup (quite :) ).

Also, I'm not really sure but I think it's even illegal to not get one from a shop. If I'm not mistaken you pay some special tax for dogs.

Like a shelter where animals that where no longer wanted end up and if they are not adopted they might end up in a animal testing place or put down.(mostly because they are to old) But getting a animal at a pet shop is fine but if they dont get bought they just lower the price till they get bought. This is why I would recommend getting a pet from the shelter they usually have a large amout of different animals to chose from (im sure you have a animal shelter near your house) that are as same as getting a pet at a shop. And for this tax your talking about to pay for dogs witch i have never seen before but its the same if you were to buy at a shop besides some of the animals at a shelter where brought there by the police because of people who are not allowd to own a pet because of something they did so im positive they are totally legal i go to the shelter sometimes to walk the dogs there its fun and the dog likes it too. My grandpa has 7 cats and 3 dogs and of them are just like any dog they got them from a shelter when they where just kittens and puppies.

But then there is no law for animals, so they can get tested on. The only option for people making these medicens is testing it in on animals.

And about us being worth as much.. I think different and won't change my mind about that. As you probably know I am a Christian and the bible clearly states that we're different. That's just my way of looking at things, not saying I'm right or anything, but I do think we're in a totally different posistion then animals.

I'm not saying it's justified. But I'd rather have something tested on an animal then me buying the product and ending up with cancer. Yes, that's selfish. But if you'd have the choice to us a certain chemical that might actually inflict chronic damage to you or have it first tested on an animal and be certain it's not going to give you something awefull like cancer I think you'd rather be sure of the product. At least, most would.

Oh, so since the government doesn't say it's wrong it must be perfectly acceptable? What a lovely approach to life. Animal testing isn't the only option, you said it yourself that human testing is an option. Can't get volunteers? Tough shit, buddy.

You are a horrible Christian if you approve of animal testing or abuse in any shape way or form. Sorry to break it to you, but no where in the bible does it say it's okay to poke needles into animals and subject them to conditions that can KILL them. I'm sorry, but fuck ANY belief that wants to support that. We are nothing but animals. And quite frankly, being "human" and "superior" has gotten to our heads and made us lesser creatures than the animals we claim to be above. Being this "intelligent" and "advanced" puts a very important responsibility on us, and that's keeping our planet and the creatures that live on it SAFE AND STAYING REGULAR. No, I don't mean you need to run around the forests making sure animals don't fight. THAT'S part of nature. Animal testing isn't. We have FAILED as a species.

@MrLlamaLlama: I know, and I've said that it isn't good. But then there is no other way (with exeption of testing on humans) to make sure if something good for a person and what the side effects are.

Only thing they do test on humans would be things like cough mixture stuff to see the side-effects what usually aren't drastic at all.

I'm not dignifying this post with a response. You're being ignorant, stubborn, and repetitive.

What exactly do you mean with shelter?

If I'm going to buy a dog I'll just go to the shop and get a pup (quite :) ).

Also, I'm not really sure but I think it's even illegal to not get one from a shop. If I'm not mistaken you pay some special tax for dogs.

A shelter for animals. The places that take in unwanted and stray animals? Then a lonely child who wants a pet goes with their parents and picks out one that attracts to them? Then they have a loving family and the animal is saved from ever ending up in a testing facility? Yeah, you go and spends an ass-load of money at a shop to buy a dog when you can go down to a shelter and find one who hasn't wanted anything in months but a loving home and someone to take care of it and treat it with respect.

Jace, you make me fucking sick.

Oh, that. No, we've got them here. Can get them for free I think. Sometimes you'll get the stuff to go with it for free too.

And if my dad would've let me, I would have gotten one, years ago.

I've had pets (died a month ago) and threat them good and with respect. I'm not some hearthless person or something.. just can't really express what I want to say right.

Reading back, yes, I am being very arrogant and it actually shouldn't happen. But for lots of things we are dependant of those tests cause I just can't see it ever happen to humands. Not even if they're on deathrow.

It does pretty much sound as if I'm defending those who do these tests, but that's not my intention. All I want to say is that we are dependant on these tests. Even for small stuff like drinking cola. It's not justifying it, but as I said I can't see any other method they could use.

You're making it sound as if I just go outside and start killing all kinds of animals (though I have to admit, I used to kill quite a lot of insects when I was small...).

OH, and about the bible. One of the 'big' rules is "Do not kill" later on it's said to be with exeption of food, of course. So yeah, you're right about that.

My point is, you're saying there's "no other method" and then turning around and saying that it's possible to test on humans. Of course it is! Not only is it just as possible, but it makes more sense! It's more logical. We're only dependant because we're an ignorant failure of a race.

The human race has failed. That's it. No, seriously. We've failed. Congratulations, world. Hope you're happy.

I really fucking hate animal abusers..Even when I step on snails by accident it makes me really sad.. :down:

It would be much better to test on serial killers and pedophiles, since they have less right to live than poor little cats..

Hmm, I'd get a 'scientist', put him in a room, fill the room with mustard gas, then document how he splatters the lining of his lungs all over him and the wall! :pissed:

Uhm, why would anyone ever abuse their own pets.

People who buy pets usually like animals.. I think I've annoyed my hamster a few times though, but not on purpose. Just things like ruening his sleep to clean the cage.

There are people who do. Pit bulls, anyone? Most dogs, infact. Usually only rough and mean animals when RAISED that way. Trust me, people abuse their pets all the time. Some even buy/save pets JUST to abuse them. Why would you even question the cruelty of this world?

Pit Bulls... I can't see why anyone would even want one. They kill children and attack their bosses sometimes too. Not exactly an affectionate animal. And buying one just to torchure is it kinda sadistic.

And I kinda have had a change of hear... Mainly because of some dream that I was an animal who got tested on.. That wasn't fun...

Pit Bulls... I can't see why anyone would even want one. They kill children and attack their bosses sometimes too. Not exactly an affectionate animal. And buying one just to torchure is it kinda sadistic.

And I kinda have had a change of hear... Mainly because of some dream that I was an animal who got tested on.. That wasn't fun...

pitbulls are fine dogs if you dont train them to attack other things by abusing them i know a few people who own pitbulls and they are very nice dogs but sence they are so strong people tend to use pitbulls for fighting so manly people claim the dogs as mean but its actually the people who are mean.

That was my point, Jace. Pit bulls are RAISED like that. Otherwise, they are VERY loving and affectionate animals. I've known plenty in my life, and still know pit bull owners who love their dogs and treat them with care. THEIR pets, have NEVER harmed another creature.

Count this as one more vote FOR Pitt Bulls. Raised right they're about the best dogs you can have, ESPECIALLY w/ kids.

Pitts get a lousy rep because inbred jackasses use them for dogfighting & make them mean. Vick (football player just busted

for running dogfights) should be thrown naked into a pit w/ a dozen or so starving fight dogs, PUBLICLY!

Special tax on dogs? Other than a license (in city limits) dogs in the US don't require any special taxes. What crackhead came

up w/ that idea?

That was my point, Jace. Pit bulls are RAISED like that. Otherwise, they are VERY loving and affectionate animals. I've known plenty in my life, and still know pit bull owners who love their dogs and treat them with care. THEIR pets, have NEVER harmed another creature.

Agreed, I had a Pit bull and a Staffy and they were the nicest animals i've ever had,they are only vicious when thay are raised to be agressive.

You guys who think you have heard of bad things happening to animals, take a look at this site.

WARNING: Some Pictures are graphic

Animal Cruelty

License/tax. Just some extra fee cause the dog is using the streets (or something like that).

Pittbuls are forbidden here cause it's said that the kill babies when they see one. But I guess it's just a precaution for the ones who get raised that way then.

Oh, I looked and read the page. For some pictures I really was like "Holy fuck!". Like that dog that missed half a face and hand wounds through out his body and the dog that had a paw that was half broken and just hanging on a lose piece of flesh.

I saw some dog on street today. He was in some small contraption to lift the back part of his body cause he didn't have any back-legs (They never grew on I think, cause I saw some little things at the back that looked like miniature legs). It's like a wheel-chair for the back-legs. Doesn't have anything to do with abuse, but that guy must have payed quite a lot to get such thing made for his dog. There are quete a few who do care (like that man), so saying that we all fail is incorrect. As a whole we do though.