Tony Hawks Proving Ground

Nate10

Tony Hawks Proving Ground. So in case you haven't noticed I guess the once great series is making yet another game. Graphics look great(and a lot like the game Skate :/ so whatever), the skating looks even more like crap, music seems okay I guess, and the spots are the same :/....

So, what are your guys' thoughts on the new Tony Hawk game?

Personally I think the Tony Hawk games are far from dead.

I have changed my opinion on the SKATE game, but I still think Proving Ground will be better. SKATE is just a different form of Tony Hawk games and I think the idea will get boring after a while.

I'm most likely going to get both of them, unless I get bored of the SKATE demo.

Yea i think im done with the tony hawk series cause i was like on of the top players on THAW and then they go and shut it down and dont bring it back and i am sure sky is pissed about that too cause he played thug and BOOM they take it away so you never know they will probally do the same to thpg. i might just try skate.

I think Hawk maybe is dead, but skate hasn't got manuls that suck's.

Actually, skate does have manuals. It just doesn't have flatland tricks and liptricks. But that's a small price to pay. Besides, I'm getting sick of all that unfunny and cartoony shit the Tony Hawk series is infamous for.

did you mean manuals? they got them, i've seen the preview on ea sports: game in star sports, SKATE will take over the skateboarding games and i think activision isn't going to like it

and i think rodney mullen and other pro skaters are thinking about which way they're gonna go

and the sponsors who used to be in TH's, has turned to skate right? and the sponsors who never support TH's, got into skate, so i think a lot of people would choose skate rather than TH's, i too must admit that skate is the most realistic looking skateboarding game yet

will activision suffer like Atari's Driver? whose idea is stolen and improved to be a lot better? i think we should see this new war huh :lol:

Edited by ArtSweet

Actually, skate does have manuals. It just doesn't have flatland tricks and liptricks. But that's a small price to pay. Besides, I'm getting sick of all that unfunny and cartoony shit the Tony Hawk series is infamous for.

You don't like Tony Hawk because it isn't funny???

Since when is it cartoony?

maybe he meant the Tony Hawk's American Wasteland which is very comical, childish and overdone vandalism(get on with the true vandalism!!!! real skaters tricked people, vandalize, and egg people's house for a living!) and trying to be cool, and if you ask me, tony hawk series does have a boring story(i only liked THUG 1 for the story)

i don't know the SKATE story though, i hope it's a good one.

One, it tries to be funny and fails miserably. Two, it's cartoony in the way that you could pull off 100x combos and grind telephone wires. That got boring after a while. Tony Hawk also gives you absolutely no sense of accomplishment after completing difficult tricks, mainly because there is no skill involved in the series.

The Tony Hawks games are become to free roam style, they need to go back to the old skewl THPS1 and THPS2 they were the greatest

they must've figured that the old one was getting old, and changed it, but you're right, THPS 1 & 2 were the best of all

i think the free roam's not bad, only they make it boring and pushed it too far

and you're right Donkey Porker, 100x combos is just a bad addition from the developer and extremely unrealistic!

Edited by ArtSweet

it's cartoony in the way that you could pull off 100x combos and grind telephone wires. That got boring after a while. Tony Hawk also gives you absolutely no sense of accomplishment after completing difficult tricks, mainly because there is no skill involved in the series.

That's why we play video games. So we could do things we can't do in real life.

it's cartoony in the way that you could pull off 100x combos and grind telephone wires. That got boring after a while. Tony Hawk also gives you absolutely no sense of accomplishment after completing difficult tricks, mainly because there is no skill involved in the series.

I agreed with your first concept.. but not this. It's obviously an arcade game, like Need For Speed. There's no way I could drift around corners at 100+ mph. Online is where its at though, as with many games. And for the record, it's a 500x+ combo. Especially THUG / THUG2.

I agreed with your first concept.. but not this. It's obviously an arcade game, like Need For Speed. There's no way I could drift around corners at 100+ mph. Online is where its at though, as with many games. And for the record, it's a 500x+ combo. Especially THUG / THUG2.

What was my first concept??? :huh:

WnN2's. That the Hawk series is dead now.

Oh, then why the hell did you quote me??? :mellow:

Proving Ground is only $55 and Skate is FUCKING $60...HOLY SHIT!!!

LOL 5$ more, oh noes. :P

You're bitching about a $5 price difference? Christ, you collect an assload of GTAs, I think you can live without eating school lunch for three days.

I'm bitching about how the Tony Hawk series has become an ugly parody of itself. Seriously, who the fuck came up with the Beaver Blast or ball whacking? The gameplay that once made the series golden has been stale since THUG2.

You're bitching about a $5 price difference? Christ, you collect an assload of GTAs, I think you can live without eating school lunch for three days.

Ummm...I assumed you'd understand the sarcasim...sorry. I'll have to remember to add little happy faces and images to symbolize my sarcastic post. :lol::P:D

Edited by Original GTA Master