5 Things GTA IV may have

TM™

GameGuru has posted an interesting article showing five features which IV may actually have. Here they are:

5. The two/three-weapon theory: GTA IV is getting incessantly realistic, going around town with a heavy baggage of Shotguns, flamethrowers and RPGs seeming to be like a concept quite out-of-the-box in this ultra realistic world. If the game is set in this modern day universe the chances are that Niko will carry not more than two or three firearms when he is on his assassinating spree. One small firearm like a pistol or an Uzi accompanied with a heavy gun like an assault rife and a close combat weapon like a cleaver/knife for those Manhunt-esque encounters.

4. Cimenatic Replay: Halo 3 brought it to the console world, and it seems from the trickling videos that such a feature might be supported by Grand Theft Auto as well. Most of the action clips show Niko in close quarters in the heat of a battle which might just imply the use of a free moving camera to record the action onscreen. And this feature makes perfect sense for a game which is presumably the ultimate domain for a sandbox experience. Those gangsta memoirs will now be beyond memories and might be for the entire world to see, feel and grasp.

3. A not so steady framerate: This is where most next generation games fumble and GTA also seems to be in line with somewhat a lousy framerate, barring the first trailer all the in game action takes place at 30 fps. And this seems to head for a drop when the action shifts into high gear, which is sighted in the latest trailer. Hope R* North are able to latch onto a consistent framerate and correct those pesky draw distance issues’ prior release.

2. An unfinished ending: The ending might not be as clichéd as the previous Grand Theft Auto games or abrupt like Halo 2. It might leave sufficient room for a higher order of things which may already be on R*’s cards, with DLC being only a part of the entire thing. Maybe Vice city and San Andreas might not be as dead as we think and Niko’s exploits might have just begun with Liberty City.

1. A political thriller: This is the longest shot ever, but GTA IV is mirroring the lives of illegal immigrants who are trying to sort their lives out in the land of dreams. Expect a huge pot load of plot twists on the way involving some really high ranking officials who have always been involved in such cases in real life as well and expect the whole thing to take a bunch of potshots at the current Bush administration as well as video gaming favorite real life villain attorney Jack Thompson.

I find point No. 2 interesting. A unfinished ending seems... Well, not right. But continuing in San Andreas or Vice City seems, somehow not bad at all, it could be interesting seeing those cities come back.

GameGuru Article

Discuss.

thats interesting, I dont know what to say. There are a lot of good ideas in there. With the whole vice city and san andreas coming back theme we are eather absolutly correct or way off. It will be interesting to see how all of this works out. I am almost predicting a sort of cliffhanger ending. I don't expect it to be a huge show down were in the end niko is the last one standing and takes over because it is confirmed that thats not the case. As for the weapon theroy, they are eather going to switch it all up and make it really realistic or keep it the clasic gta way. I can't decide which I would rather have. Im shure ill be fine with eather.

Cinematic replay would be sweet, especialy if you could make proper use of the PS3 hard drive to save instant replays of your greatest/funniest/weirdest moments in Liberty City (similar to saving goals in pro evo).

We have already heard that weapons will be concealable (if that's even a word) to help avoid ped/police attention. So I would imagine if R* are going for that level of detail, they will also think about limiting Nicko's arsenal to a reasonable size.

If they have stuck with the shooting skill system, it might be possible for you to start low, but then increase the number of weapons that you can carry/conceal about your person.

I think the political commentary is undoubtable, it wouldn't be GTA without R* taking a side swipe at the U.S. government.

It's almost too much information at this stage, I'm gona be playing GTA IV in my dreams, I really can't wait :pissed:

I wouldn't mind revisiting VC or SA, because it'll be completely different from the last gen consoles. It'll be incredibly lifelike, and would look amazing, VC in particular. However, all new locations have to be a priority, it gets tedious with the same 3 places over and over again. Point 5 is perfectly okay, hopefully it won't hamper the experience too much, point 4 would be good for uploading to the net, depends how long the replays will be, 3 is slightly worrying, that'll surely be fixed or at least brought up to 40 FPS, and an unfinished ending - hopefully not, ending a game on a cliffhanger sucks IMO.

EDIT: Almost forgot point 1, there's always been satire in the GTA series, and this will definitely continue. I don't think it'll be a fully blown thing though, it might just be some small references every now and again.

No.5 makes the game a lot more realistic and R* might make you do this so you have to plan which weapons to use on which mission or killing spree :P The sound of replays sounds awesome, especially when crazy and amazing coincidences happen. Just hope it's a lot better system than in Halo 3 because you can freely fast forward but to go backwards you have to go almost like chapters in a DVD. Something like the Madden games would be good. Hope they improve the framerate so the game won't be so laggy but they do have a lot of time so I'm sure they'll fix it. Unfinished ending will leave gamers empty and feeling ripped off so I don't think R* will do it. Of course with DLC lots of other stuff will come but all extra stuff, they should finish the main story first. Re-visiting the old cities would kick ass and I'm not sure if we'll see it happen but anything is possible. And like bossman said for No.1 it's almost a given and I can almost guarantee it'll happen.

5. The two/three-weapon theory: GTA IV is getting incessantly realistic, going around town with a heavy baggage of Shotguns, flamethrowers and RPGs seeming to be like a concept quite out-of-the-box in this ultra realistic world. If the game is set in this modern day universe the chances are that Niko will carry not more than two or three firearms when he is on his assassinating spree. One small firearm like a pistol or an Uzi accompanied with a heavy gun like an assault rife and a close combat weapon like a cleaver/knife for those Manhunt-esque encounters.

Ugh, i was afraid this might happen. <_<

I've said this quite a few times now but i really think Rockstar should stop making the game "Uber Realistic" and try to make it more fun.

So what if you can carry multiple wepeons at a time, its entertaining, isn't that what a game is meant to do, entertain?

Its like all im hearing is "Hey guys, remember that really cool thing you could do in the old games?

Well.. we have got rid of it. But, instead, we now have a blink button where if you don't press it every three seconds your

eyes dry up and the screen blurs, haha, its genious!" No...

I know they're doing a great job of the game at the moment. I just wish they would make it a little less serious.

Edited by -Acid-

I gues I understand what your saying, they odviously would never do somthing dumb and pointless like pressing a button to blink but I did mention once before that the need to know the limit between making it really realistic and just making it a game. They must make shure that don't cross the realistic line. Anyway I think i would like the old weapon holding thing to stay no matter what I may have said before because I could picture me being irritated and saying that I wish it was the old way.

I gues I understand what your saying, they odviously would never do somthing dumb and pointless like pressing a button to blink but I did mention once before that the need to know the limit between making it really realistic and just making it a game. They must make shure that don't cross the realistic line. Anyway I think i would like the old weapon holding thing to stay no matter what I may have said before because I could picture me being irritated and saying that I wish it was the old way.

he was being sarcastic. and i agree with this, the games meant to be fun, and seeing as its a game, not real life, why shuldn't we be able to carry loads of weapons at a time?

he was being sarcastic. and i agree with this, the games meant to be fun, and seeing as its a game, not real life, why shuldn't we be able to carry loads of weapons at a time?

They are shooting for realistic though. They are bringing fun aspects from real life and putting them in a game.

Edited by fatalgamer

The limited weapons thing wouldn't be so bad as long as you have a place to stockpile the ones you're not using, like at

your save house. That's how it was in Scarface & it worked pretty well. There's also the duffel bag from the screenshots,

you could carry that around to have more/heavier weapons (speculation).

I'd like to see the ability to stock your vehicle from your stockpile, like grab a Maverick & put the sniper in it. Take a nice

flight to a good vantage point & use the heli to slip away before they figure out where the shot came from. When you're

done, you can remove the rifle from your heli & return it to your stockpile. Would also like to own a warehouse to keep my

weapons & store vehicles, including the heli.

Realistic & efficient (not having to constantly buy your weapons).

Lol, tilly that shotgun looks pretty sick :P

And Urban that would be pretty awesome and since you have a cellphone now, it would be cool to call a gun dealer to bring you ammo at a nearby spot or something like that. Looking for Ammunations would be tedious after a while. And possibly storing ammo at your house would be a good idea too.

Edited by Artur

That's a quite interesting point. Calling your gun dealer and asking him to get you ammo at a nearby spot seems actually quite cool because it seems more realistic rather than picking up the same gun to get the ammo. It seems that they could implement this. Storing ammo at Niko's safehouse would be even better, because then you can get your gun reloaded if you don't have any ammo left with you or in your in gun.

These 2 things annoy me, but otherwise it's a good read...

1) Why is this game being compared to Halo?! They're both VERY different games, although now with GTAIV sporting multiplayer, I honestly could say that Halo has NOTHING on this game...although yes they are different. So why the hell is there a comparison?!

2) All this talk about low FPS. Well I don't know if you've notice but GTA has never had a smooth camera...note I say camera and not Frame rate. It's the style, there is alot of trailing in all their games, especially Vice City...just think about it. And besides, the game has been delayed for multiple reasons and the game is still in d...duh...development. Thus, there is alot of time for improvement...Like chiill out.

These 2 things annoy me, but otherwise it's a good read...

1) Why is this game being compared to Halo?! They're both VERY different games, although now with GTAIV sporting multiplayer, I honestly could say that Halo has NOTHING on this game...although yes they are different. So why the hell is there a comparison?!

2) All this talk about low FPS. Well I don't know if you've notice but GTA has never had a smooth camera...note I say camera and not Frame rate. It's the style, there is alot of trailing in all their games, especially Vice City...just think about it. And besides, the game has been delayed for multiple reasons and the game is still in d...duh...development. Thus, there is alot of time for improvement...Like chiill out.

It was merely talking about the replay feature. Not comparing any gameplay or anything about the two games whatsover. So why don't you chill out and read the post before you say things.

Edited by Artur