Computer Crashes

Dmac

What happens is when im playing a sgame i notice the fan gets louder and louder, To the point it gets so loud then out of no where the Computer kinda puts its self to sleep. Power light is on, But it turns into a vegtable. Cant do one thing with it. Screen stays black and even caps lock wont turn on. Anyone know what it is?

Specs: (If it helps at all)

AMD 3200+ CPU

1.25gb ram

ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 256mb

306gb hdd

So yea, Any help would be great.

Overheating.

Something in your PC isn't being adequately cooled so when you're stressing it (by playing a game) and the part isn't getting cooled enough, your fan tries harder and harder to keep it at good temperature, but fails at doing so. Then when your fan can't spin any faster and thus can't cool it enough, the overheating part reaches the shutdown temperature, basically when the part reaches a high enough temperature, it automatically shuts itself down to prevent physical damage, resulting on your computer choking on a dick.

Get a temp monitoring program and see what the temps are on the mobo, graphics card, and processor when you're gaming.

Thanks for the help :)

Could you possibly recommened a good temp monitoring program? I searched Google and found a whole heap but i dont know which would be best.

EDIT: There was like a 1-2cm gap between the back of my pc (where fan is) and the wall, I moved it away and ill see how it goes. Makes sense as this problem just started when i got the new desk which is really close to the wall.

Edited by Dmac_91

that or keep your cover of your PC off, people say its bad for it(don't know how but eh...chris82 explain please lol) and i haven't over heated my comp in months, last time i did it was playing Bf2 for over 16 hours straight..and try to keep your Tower in a open area, not shoved in a corner/under a pile of shiat...

And you only got one fan? don't usually computers come with 2 fans?

The old, crappy Family PC had this problem back in the summer. It, just...well... stopped doing it when the temperature started to go down. Which side of the planet you on?

If it's sunny wherever you are, just keep it in the shade, take the side off if you like, and put a desk fan cooling inside of it. That should help.

I have a minimal gap between the wall and my own PC now, it was better before, but i had to move it, because it used to sit up on top of my desk, which just became a pain in the ass. I've got a pretty good case, with all these things to help it keep cool and stuff, so i think it's okay for now.

If all else fails.....

liquid nitrogen cooling :D

The old, crappy Family PC had this problem back in the summer. It, just...well... stopped doing it when the temperature started to go down. Which side of the planet you on?

If it's sunny wherever you are, just keep it in the shade, take the side off if you like, and put a desk fan cooling inside of it. That should help.

I have a minimal gap between the wall and my own PC now, it was better before, but i had to move it, because it used to sit up on top of my desk, which just became a pain in the ass. I've got a pretty good case, with all these things to help it keep cool and stuff, so i think it's okay for now.

If all else fails.....

liquid nitrogen cooling :D

Liquid nitrogen,that`s barbaric! LOLz

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem but I don't know what the problem is...I boot my computer and it starts off quiet, and when I open up Limewire it gets louder and louder then eventually crashes if I multi-task. My computer specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+

RAM installed: 2 GB DDR II SDRAM

Hard drive: 500 GB Standard

What happens is when im playing a sgame i notice the fan gets louder and louder, To the point it gets so loud then out of no where the Computer kinda puts its self to sleep. Power light is on, But it turns into a vegtable. Cant do one thing with it. Screen stays black and even caps lock wont turn on. Anyone know what it is?

Specs: (If it helps at all)

AMD 3200+ CPU

1.25gb ram

ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 256mb

306gb hdd

So yea, Any help would be great.

I have the same problem but I don't know what the problem is...I boot my computer and it starts off quiet, and when I open up Limewire it gets louder and louder then eventually crashes if I multi-task. My computer specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+

RAM installed: 2 GB DDR II SDRAM

Hard drive: 500 GB Standard

- aznn

Pre-warning that some of this might have been said already and I take no responsibility for what you do / did / have already done

Well your power supply is failing to adequately cool your stuff (and this is what is setting off your system and causing it to be a "vegetable") its a auto power off feature to save you from frying your chip/s, so either turn your settings down (quick fix)

Also consider getting upgraded cooling system (more/stronger fan/s) and also make sure there is an area of like 10cm around the whole case (every side), open it up check for + clean dust with a can compressed air (from hardware store).

Dont keep stuff stacked around your computer near the front/back (or anywhere else for that matter) to prevent this from happening again...

Edited by WRX22B1998