NVidia VS ATi Radeon

Raymond

What is your choice?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Choice

• NVidia
    • ATi Radeon

ATI own at mid range value for money.

Nvidia is the best for raw power. Jace is right about the 9800 GX2, that card is going to own. Plus, support for 4x SLi, meaning 7 graphics processors in your machine.

(The other would presumably handle physics, but there could be 2, meaning 6 GPU's, which is still pwn)

I had an old Radeon 9250. That thing was built like a motherfucking tak. Cost me less that 30 quid, and ran FEAR smoothly. :D

Long shall it live.

C'mon. You can't be serious. The 8800 GT is obviously the best you can get price/performance wise at the moment. HD 3870 comes close though. But not close enough to rival the Ultra. And the 9800 GX2 is going to kick-ass. Though I would have prefered it using a full new powerfull chip instead of the same trick they did for the 7950 GX2.

But there's hope. Maybe they'll be using a G100 (no idea how it will perform) instead of a G92 chip.

It looks like you don't know what you're talking about (no offense there).

X1900 XTX 3dMark 06 - 5148

8800 GT 3dMark 06 - 11569

Oh shit, that's more than double!

X1900 XTX price (just quick google search) - $385.00

8800 GT - $266.92.

Only card that can somewhat compete is the HD 3870 for $229.99. But then if I had the choice I'd spend that extra 37$. It's whorth it.

As said, ATi only controls the mid range and budget cards. They're lagging behind nVidia when it comes to high-end cards ATM.

So now tell me, how exactly is the X1900 XTX value for money?

As awesome as that is, maybe ask him to wait slightly longer. Within 2 months nVidia will release their 9800GX2. So then you'll either get a card that's about 35% more powerfull, or you'll go easy on your dads wallet cause the 8800 Ultra will have dropped in price.

Also, graphiccards don't have anything with 'rpm'. It runs shaders, GPU and memory at clocks. I'm not sure of the exact figure though..