Scam?

Damjan

Dunno,but you who are in US a question: is there a Chase Bank?I'm asking because i got this email and i think it's a scam:

CHASE

Chase Bank Account Review Department.

Dear Customer,

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures, we have detected a slight error in your billing information.

This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change of address,e-mail address).

2. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our processors.

Please update and verify your information by checking the link below:

https://chaseonline.chase.com/online/

We are requesting this information to verify and protect your identity. This is in order

to prevent the use of the U.S. banking system in illegal activity.

Please do not "Reply" to this Alert.

At Chase Bank we are always ready to help you. Whether you need account assistance, product information or answers to financial questions we are here for you. Send us an email, call or write us. You may also try our online help files.

Email us at: [email protected]

Call us at: 1-800-772-1090 or other Customer Service Numbers.

Write us at: Chase Bank, 850 Main Street, 11th Floor, Bridgeport, CT 06604, Attn: Customer Service

© 2008 Chase Bank. Member FDIC.Financial Group. All rights reserved.

Most definitely a scam. Did you copy and paste that? The link was probably hidden. Common scam, "Something happened, we need you to update your info", then they have your info. If you aren't a Chase Bank member, ignore it, it's definitely 100% scam. If you do have an account((I'm doubting so)), then manually type in Chase's website, and inform them of this. Probably a scam.

Of course it's a scam. You obviously aren't a customer of Chase, and even if you were they obviously wouldn't email you asking for your bank details.

As Spaz says, in the email the link would have linked to a site that wasn't Chase, probably an IP. That site would have looked like Chase, and they would ask for all your bank details (under the excuse of 'checking' them) and then go and spend all your money.

Because it's standard, so it makes it look more official?

...Then why would you reply to it if it says not to? That doesn't make any sense. It's like telling someone not to call you on the phone because you're waiting for another call, but they call you anyways.

You WOULDN'T reply to it. THAT'S why it says not to. No where in the email did it say to respond to it. It says to click the link((which I assume was a hyperlink to hide the real link)).

...Then why would you reply to it if it says not to? That doesn't make any sense. It's like telling someone not to call you on the phone because you're waiting for another call, but they call you anyways.

You WOULDN'T reply to it. THAT'S why it says not to. No where in the email did it say to respond to it. It says to click the link((which I assume was a hyperlink to hide the real link)).

And do you KNOW that there was a hidden link????

-.- He copied the email into the post. In this copied text is a link to Chase.com.... Now, assuming this is a scam((considering how he doesn't have a Chase account)), we can be pretty sure that the link wasn't directed to Chase's official site. And if it wasn't, then it was a hidden link. Otherwise, he would've went to the official Chase website, updated his information, and the scam email would've done nothing more than helped him make sure his Chase information was up-to-date.

And do you KNOW that there was a hidden link????

The guy asked people from America if there was even a such thing as a Chase bank lolz. So yeah, either.. said account holder had the wrong email address (It could happen) or just a scam.