Dirty Harry having Computer Problem

Thomas.

Hi everyone, I am posting this on behalf of Dirty Harry as he is on MSN Messenger right now suffering from computer problems. He says he may have a virus but he trys using AVG and other AntiVirus Programs to help get rid of his problem but the applications don't seem to be working. I've tried helping him but seem to be no use at the moment. If he could fix it he wouldn't be asking me to post this so he needs urgent help with this.

If you have a little help and suggestions for him he asked e to leave his MSN Mesenger address. It is [email protected]

Please help him

Thomas

What is the problem? Virus, details man.

I don't think Vasco even knows to be honest. I don't think it is Start Page Virus. But he says "well a bunch of aplications dont open". He got an MSN Virus yesterday aparently, some of those can be lethal, I told him.

Edited by Thomas.

Wouldn't a restore point work?

A what? Once he logs back into MSN Messenger I will tell him about it. Can you give me a description of a "Restore point".

Well it takes you back to a previous date. Like lets say Last week. The bad side is you will lose all data after the date you have chosen.

1.Log on to Windows as Administrator.

2.Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts.

3.On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.

4.On the Select a Restore Point page, click the most recent system checkpoint in the On this list, click a restore point list, and then click Next. A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click OK.

5. On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer.

6.Log on to the computer as Administrator. The System Restore Restoration Complete page appears.

7.Click OK.

I have rarely seen windows so screwed up that a virus scan and a reg cleaner can't fix it.

Have him boot into safe mode (without networking) and scan for the viruii. There's a good chance it will work.

Once he gets done with that, have him get and use spyboy, ad aware and easy cleaner (reg cleaner).