The Man With No Face

sibraa5

Yeah, sure, It may be old news but whoa...

A Jehovah's Witness who for decades refused all surgery on his horrific facial disfigurement has been given hope by a British doctor and new medical technology.

Unwilling to accept a blood transfusion, Jose Mestre has allowed the bloody tumour that first appeared on his lip in adolescence to obliterate almost all of his face.

Now 15 inches long and weighing 12 pounds, it has blinded him in one eye and made eating a daily ordeal. As it begins to block his airways, doctors fear his life could be in danger.

But now one of Britain's leading facial surgeons has proposed treating Jose, 51, by employing ultrasound waves to coagulate the blood before the operation.

This should allow his growths to be removed without risk of heavy bleeding – satisfying his religious prohibition on blood transfusions that has so far hampered his search for treatment.

Jose was examined by two doctors in Britain - Loshan Kangesu, consultant plastic surgeon at Broomfield Hospital, and Dr Iain Hutchison of St Bartholomew's in London.

Dr Hutchison, who also runs the Saving Faces surgery research charity, is optimistic that a single operation with a harmonic scalpel could have a dramatic affect on Jose's features.

Click here to read the rest. . .

Whoa, that sucks...hope it gets cured...

I just think he's a dick for believing in all that crap.

The only one being a dick right now is you. He's grown up on it. You don't just ignore the way you were raised. Apparently YOU could've been raised a lot better. I'm honestly tired of all of your recent bullshit and disregard for other's beliefs and opinions. I'm not the only one, it's the whole staff, and various members around the board. If I have to see you being a little douche one more time, I don't care what it is, your stupid "sick mind", or calling someone a dick for believing a religion they have probably been taught since they were born, I'm fucking suspending you again. And not a regular 1-2 week like we usually do.

I just think he's a dick for believing in all that crap.

The only one being a dick right now is you. He's grown up on it. You don't just ignore the way you were raised. Apparently YOU could've been raised a lot better. I'm honestly tired of all of your recent bullshit and disregard for other's beliefs and opinions. I'm not the only one, it's the whole staff, and various members around the board. If I have to see you being a little douche one more time, I don't care what it is, your stupid "sick mind", or calling someone a dick for believing a religion they have probably been taught since they were born, I'm fucking suspending you again. And not a regular 1-2 week like we usually do.

And in time for GTAIV too..

IMO, I think he should have seeked medical attnetion regardless of his religion. His life was in danger and now it's serious.

Sorry, what I meant was I don't think it's fair to waste the time of all these doctors(who could be saving many other people), while he makes up his mind whether to continue with a religion that let's people suffer and eventually die a horrible death because they can't take blood from people. I'm not just being evil or anything, It'd be good for him to just forget about all of what he's been convinced with and save the rest of his life.

Sorry, what I meant was I don't think it's fair to waste the time of all these doctors(who could be saving many other people), while he makes up his mind whether to continue with a religion that let's people suffer and eventually die a horrible death because they can't take blood from people. I'm not just being evil or anything, It'd be good for him to just forget about all of what he's been convinced with and save the rest of his life.

It's probably a sin or something. Possibly because medical care like that is unnatural or something. You just can't judge someone's medical decision based on their religion. Sure, rip someone's ass open over pushing their religious beliefs on someone else's medical decision, because that is annoying as hell.