Toys "R" Us selling warez!

Huckleberry Pie

toys-arrrr-us-1-dsf.jpg

Oh, boy. I was Googling around this afternoon and then I stumbled on an interesting article about warezing in the Philippines. Turns out that even Toys "R" Us, one of the biggest and most reputable toy store chains, is selling...warez! Yep, I mean it, some guy visited a TRU store in Manila, and to his surprise, bootlegged AIO NDS and GBA carts can be bought there.

I've been seeing reports of the local anti-piracy organization, the Optical Media Board, led by Edu Manzano (the guy behind the Papaya meme) raiding flea markets selling DVD-Rs of movies and stuff. Is it me, or is the board a little too ignorant?

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

they sell fake ipods here too LOL

made by Laser or something, but yeah.

being in the phillipines that doesnt surprise me, but like others have said, if that happened in sydney or the UK or usa or something, then it'd be the biggest scandal ever lol.

i think that piracy is much more common there maybe, here you might be able to get pirated games at the markets, but the cops have busted heaps of people so yeah nobody sells em anymore. and nobody really wants to pay for pirated stuff...afaik

they sell fake ipods here too LOL

made by Laser or something, but yeah.

being in the phillipines that doesnt surprise me, but like others have said, if that happened in sydney or the UK or usa or something, then it'd be the biggest scandal ever lol.

i think that piracy is much more common there maybe, here you might be able to get pirated games at the markets, but the cops have busted heaps of people so yeah nobody sells em anymore. and nobody really wants to pay for pirated stuff...afaik

Since there are loopholes in the copyright law here, and it seems as though the Optical Media Board spends more time checking flea markets for warez than the bigger stores...

Huge supermarket chains in Spain and Portugal sell fake iPods all the time. They're like 20 euros, I've got a bunch of pictures somewhere.
Especially since it's not a store in the Western world where various agencies are very very very anal about piracy.

+1

Wouldn'0t say supermarkets but yeah you can get those pretty easily.