Youtube Videos Pausing?

Deji

I wanted to bring this up because it annoyed me for ages before I found the problem. Even if Youtube videos are fully buffered, the video will stop after a few seconds of playing! Many people believe this is due to a Youtube bug, an Adobe bug or even a bug with using a PC instead of a MAC. So, to spread some truth on the subject I explored the Firefox forums and yes, it seems that this is a Firefox bug that occurs sometimes. It is true that it may occur on other browsers. But according to someone who works in the Firefox team, it is 100% Firefox related. The cures to this are clearing all browsing history, cookies, cache ect. and restarting Firefox. Or, restarting your PC completely. But sometimes you will still have to wait a few days... Random. You could also update your Flash player but that'll probably not work... But if you're lucky then all you have to do is use another browser.

So, just in case anyone has been expiriencing the problem... I thought I'd make a topic explaning before questions started flying around. Also, I'd hope that someone could find an easy, fool-proof way to get this to work 100% of the time.

Love the complaining about Adobe even though it was nothing to do with them ^_^

im still not gonna use IE. lol.

i have never come across this problem anyway.

the fool proof 100% way is download the extension Downloadhelper, then go to the youtube site. download the video. download FLVPlayer, and play it. no lag, no pausing, no nothing.

Edited by WRX22B1998

Btw, heard IE8 is out. Hopefully they've improved the security and CSS issues :)

Rofl, it's out at sooo many time. 2 months at least and believe me, it sucks more than IE7.

Spider Vice:

Internet Explorer Sucks balls completly.

I've gotten the Youtube bug, but mine is even worse: When the video is buffering it gets stuck at some point on the movie. So I cant see the rest of the video. I used every one. Mozilla , IE , and Safari.

I've had this bug before, it pauses, but it hasn't happened to me from around, say what, July 2007? That was quiet a while and hasn't happened to me at all.

I just think it's the Youtube video itself, sometimes it happens because the video hasn't been uploaded properly (Which is most unlikely the cause), but it could also be the video that's been uploaded (How long it is etc.).

And note, IE is ftl, never going to use it, but even though it sucks, Firefox also has it's flaws, which is unfortunate.

Good Morning,

I YouTube a lot, I also prefer the quality of FileFront. They retain the original video. Long ago I discarded MS Media Player and installed VLC and Media Player Classic as the main media players. Since then I haven't been bugged by the "you need to update the Media Player" BS. I use Fire Fox 3.0.4 and it has no problems with any videos except Quicktime which is not installed. Nothing against it, but it hogs up memory in the background when not being used. I do have the Quicktime plugin.

I think if you are experiencing problems with playing any streaming media after it is fully buffered. The browser is not at fault, since it passes the task off to your chosen media player or plugin. However the media player or plugin may not be the issue either if the downloaded stream is corrupted. If the player plugin comes to a bad chunk of data it doesn't understand it will pause to figure it out or just skip it.

JAB B)