New Max Payne 3 details!

Ivan

The latest issue of Game Informer has some juicy new details on Rockstar’s Max Payne 3. Max is now bald, bearded and addicted to pain killers. Which has an affect on the gameplay. Max has hit rock bottom in every sense of the word and has found himself in Sao Palo, Brazil. Max Payne 3 is looking visually very similar to Uncharted 2 (stunning), with vibrant colors and fully destructible environments - all powered by Rockstar’s RAGE engine and a procedural animation system. Expect tons of battle in urban ghetto Latin American neighborhoods with plenty of new weapons. Bullet Time is back in but will be more visceral and ultra-violent. Even more good news is that Max Payne will indeed feature an online multiplayer mode. Max Payne 3 is slated for a Winter 2009 release on PS3, 360 and PC. To see Max Payne 3 in all it’s colorful glory, pick up the July issue of Game Informer.

source

Sounds awesome, but I'm not too sure about the bald thingy :P

What is he doing in Brazil? Intreseted to see how this turns out.

Brazilian bitches ftw? Especially since (MP 2 spoiler here)

Mona is dead.

srsly, I have no idea whatever he is doing in Brazil.

Heard some rumours that the storyline will start 12 years after the MaxPayne 2 events. A lot could have happened in 12 years.

Edited by Gycu Brun X

What is he doing in Brazil? Intreseted to see how this turns out.

Brazilian bitches ftw? Especially since (MP 2 spoiler here)

Mona is dead.

srsly, I have no idea whatever he is doing in Brazil.

Heard some rumours that the storyline will start 12 years after the MaxPayne 2 events. A lot could have happened in 12 years.

Mona

might not be dead, since there were two endings and I don't think there is an official one.

Edited by Ivan

^ I believe it's the first one, because I would see no point in

having Mona alive and

Max in the present being at the bottom of the sack, depressed, forgotten etc. srsly the storyline would be strange.

Yeah, now that you mention it I think you're right.

What I don't get is him being in Brazil, but it could be really interesting, I dunno. I preferred New York but it does make sense that he would leave from there, after all the problems he encountered.

And there will be people talking portuguese in Brazil which is my native language so awesome :P

Edited by Ivan

Well, I have to say I prefered the younger Max...:P

Totally agree. Good thing stuff like this doesn't make me dislike/like games more. I'm excited for this game, thanks for the info Ivan. :)

No prob man. Anyway, I actually kinda like his look, I mean I don't think it's pretty but I think it's the first time his look really reflects his state of mind.

Those artwork look really cool, the one on the last page corner is badass. A new voice actor is understandable, Max is older and probably more grumpy and drunk now, atleast that's what I'm getting from his new look.

They could just make the usual actor pull a older voice and shit, at least that's what I think would be best.

Anyone seen the drooling emoticon? :drool: found it.

I checked that magazine and read it all about Max Payne 3, it's great they choosed Sao Paolo, the favelas will be interesting for sure, we all got tired of American ghettos, time for some brazilian flavor of poverty. Also, the game's graphics look similar to GTA 4, hope RAGE and Euphoria will provide some quality gameplay, hmm, can't wait.

Anyone seen the drooling emoticon? :drool: found it.

I checked that magazine and read it all about Max Payne 3, it's great they choosed Sao Paolo, the favelas will be interesting for sure, we all got tired of American ghettos, time for some brazilian flavor of poverty. Also, the game's graphics look similar to GTA 4, hope RAGE and Euphoria will provide some quality gameplay, hmm, can't wait.

Yeah, but what about the noir theme that was so awesome from the previous games? In Brazil it's always hot and there isn't much rain, a lot of sun,etc.. not exactly what Max Payne is all about but I guess it could work, just in a different way.

Yeah, but what about the noir theme that was so awesome from the previous games? In Brazil it's always hot and there isn't much rain, a lot of sun,etc.. not exactly what Max Payne is all about but I guess it could work, just in a different way.

Well the guy who gave the interview, forgot his name, stated that noir is not only about gloomy colors and sad music, so they think Sao Paolo will fit for the new MP episode. I dunno what to say, yeah I say also it's a sunny city, but it's certainly the host of some dark stories in it's "maze-like" streets.

We'll just have to wait and see.