GCSE Results '09

Scott.

Right, so tomorrow is the day of reckoning...I know that a few members have taken their GCSE's this year, and I wondered how they all felt about tomorrow. I am quite dreading it. Although, I think I worked hard enough too get the grades that I need to do A-Levels in college. I really hope I get the 5 A*-C's inc. 2 B's, otherwise I might have to settle for a B-Tec. :(. What does everyone else think they will get?

Don't get stressed up about the results, they will be fine. I remember when I got mine last year, I went to collect them, opened the letter, got good results and then that was the end of it. Plus its not the end of the world if you failed in a few subjects (except for the maths, english, science). Even in that rare scenario you can still do the re-sit while you are at college, win-win situation all the way round.

I am also waiting for my GCSE results. I don't think I did too well this year. :( I think i got a HIGH B in my Spanish and maybe High Cs for Science and I am not sure about the others...I hope I do better than I am expecting. I found I did so much better in the practice papers then the real examination as I cracked under the preasure.

Good luck mate. :)

Edited by will99

I got my GCSE results or equivalent thereof in Scotland about 3 weeks ago. Shall I post mine or would it be better to wait until you lot get your results? I'm chuffed about mine anyway :D

Good Luck to anyone who gets or got any form of exam results this month.

Edited by Thomas.

Here are my results, I'm quite pleased with them.

ICT: C and an A, combined grade is a B.

Maths: C

English C

Design Technology: B

Business Studies: C

Science (foundation): C

Drama: D (a D is a pass for Drama though)

Geography: C

So in otherwards I passed all my exams! Also that's amazing how we both passed Geography Scott! I thought I'd fail for sure.

My full results:

Maths - D - So close to a C :( but a D will do.

English - B - Fucking proud of this because my teacher was a right cock too me.

Eng Lit - C

ICT - C - But should have got a B :P

Geography - C - Yess Matt ;D

History - B

Religious Studies - A - Never thought I would EVER get an A in any subject.

Business Studies - B

Science - B

Additional Science - C

Overall 9 higher grade GCSE's which too be honest, I'm quite proud of, because I am not the cleverest of people!!!

My full results:

Eng Lit - C

History - B

Business Studies - B

Science - B

Additional Science - C

Overall 9 higher grade GCSE's which too be honest, I'm quite proud of, because I am not the cleverest of people!!!

Haha, nice one, you said you aren't that religious. :P Seems that the result says something else :awesome:.

Damn the maths, never liked it too.

Edited by TG187

My full results:

Eng Lit - C

History - B

Business Studies - B

Science - B

Additional Science - C

Well done Scott! Nice grades dude. :)

@Mpilk901: Well done to you to. :D

Edited by will99

I got mine on August 5th but what I've taken is equivelant to GCSE called Scottish Standard Grade. My school along with many other schools in Scotland take Standard Grades a year younger than most of the Scotland. My cousin and I are the same year at school but I have completed my GCSEs, he is halfway through.

French: Grade 1 ( A )

History: Grade 2 ( B )

Graphic Communication: Grade 2 ( B )

English: Grade 2 ( B )

Biology: Grade 2 ( B )

Computing: Grade 2 ( B )

Maths: Grade 3 ( C )

Music: Grade 3 ( C )

Edited by Thomas.

Chris what were your and Gerards results?

Scott, well done on your results!

On RE, I find this quite funny in year 10 I got a D yet I resat in yr 11 and got an A* (without revising for this subject) for that module and the year 11 module I got an A which combined together as an A*, my only A*, RE ain't really about religion, more philosophy, morality and stuff like that.

EDIT

At TG

ICT means information and communication technology, same as IT which is computer related stuff.

Edited by Red Devil

You guys did good. For what I know, last year, me and Red Devil were the only ones who took GCSE in TGTAP. Well, now that schools officially finished for you, I guess you guys should be looking forward to College life (Unless you're doing Sixth Form).

I got to re-enrol tomorrow for college, busy day I guess. But it's still got the same tension like last year when I got my results. Happy and surprised. Well have a good year most of you!

You guys did good. For what I know, last year, me and Red Devil were the only ones who took GCSE in TGTAP. Well, now that schools officially finished for you, I guess you guys should be looking forward to College life (Unless you're doing Sixth Form).

I don't know what 6th form is but I'm guessing it's further education in high school? I'm currently doing my Higher's in high school and I have at least 1 year left in school unless I want to stay on until S6 when I can take Advanced Higher things as long as I pass the Higher course in particular subjects. Advanced Higher is the level above Higher which is equivalent to the English A-levels.

For Higher I picked the following subjects:

Higher English - currently studying poetry, particular focus on metaphors, similes and mood.

Higher Mathematics - currently doing Gradients of a Straight line

Higher French - currently doing relationships and being a teenager

Higher History - currently learning how to write 20 and 30 mark essays

Higher Graphic Communication also called Higher Graphics - currently doing 2 point measured perspective drawings, sketching and modeling on the computers.

The following subjects I could not choose

Intermediate 2 Relgious and Moral Education - RE teacher is teaching us about morality as we've put up with religion most of our lives.

Core Physical Education

Core Social Education - currently doing 'moving away from house' since we are 1 year from moving away from our houses and owning our own one in Scots' Law.

COPE (Certificate of Personal Effectiveness)- An award for skills subject.

Apart from the final four subjects, were these subjects a good choice for the grades I got?

Here are my results, I'm quite pleased with them.

ICT: C and an A, combined grade is a B.

Maths: C

English C

Design Technology: B

Business Studies: C

Science (foundation): C

Drama: D (a D is a pass for Drama though)

Geography: C

So in otherwards I passed all my exams! Also that's amazing how we both passed Geography Scott! I thought I'd fail for sure.

Well done. A D in Drama is very good. Drama is a bitch with the grades so a D is very good.

Bunch of retards. Only one A anyone got here and it was in Religious Studies. LOL, I'm kidding, well done guys.

We get a GCSE thread every year and still no one has managed to beat mine or Gerard's results :P

See kids, qualifications are important. Good grades get you to TGTAP STAFF!

Oit! I got very good GCSEs and why am I not staff. *Hiss* lol.