Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update? When I logged in, it didn't ask me to update? Warhawk is alright from what I seen in the previews, I might get it later, since I might get GRAW2 or COD4, and when is the Home beta out? or suppose to be out?

You sure? It asked me yesterday and today but I haven't had the time, I wonder whats it do though?

I think it's V 2.9.2 or something like that. I downloaded it and it hasn't seemed to do much of a difference, atleast I haven't noticed anything.

The update was really just for maintance and since Sony didn't post a list on what it really did nobody knows. Also Sony recently denied the claims that Home is coming out this October :( But they still said it's coming out before the end of the year.

Well the Offical Site says "The service will become available globally beginning in fall 2007.", which is in between September 21st and December 21st. But I am pretty sure they said October some where.

• 2 weeks later...

Theres a new update?

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Network/Updates

V1.93

* Overall

o New for 1.93: The stability of the network connection has been improved.

o [Eject Disc] has been added in the options menu for discs.

o You can now select [Group Content] when changing a file or folder icon.

* Settings

o [44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz] has been added as an option in [Audio CD Output Frequency] under [Music Settings].

o [Type 2] has been added as an option in [bitmapping] under [Music Settings].

o [On] has been added as an option in [bD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI)] under [bD/DVD Settings].

* Video

o The [image Quality Adjustment] option in the control panel has been changed to [AV Settings].

o You can now play AVCHD-format video files that are saved on Memory Stick™ media or on the hard disk of a video camera.

o You can now operate the Slow Back (Slow (Back)) and Frame Reverse (Frame Reverse) functions when playing video files saved on storage media or on the hard disk.

* Game

o New for 1.92: Playability status with the PS3™ system has changed for some PlayStation®2 format titles. To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles.

o You can now adjust screen display settings while playing PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format software.

o You can now sort games that are saved on the hard disk.

* Network

o [Add to Bookmarks] has been added as an option in the [File] menu of the Internet browser.

* Friends

o When an avatar is displayed during a voice / video chat, the avatar now moves in response to audio.

I'm not really sure if thats a new update..

Well I wasn't playing for about 2 weeks, because my Wifi stopped working. When my wifi got fixed I decided to get my PS3 and play online (cuz without offline, there isn't anything to do, since I'm passed my games.), but when I opened the PS3 box the cables to connect to the TV they where gone, so I borrow my friends for a while, but he needs them now, so I need to buy new ones, I just don't have Cash since I bought a new phone.

I may get Call of Duty 4 or Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2.

Edited by Charger

Well I wasn't playing for about 2 weeks, because my Wifi stopped working. When my wifi got fixed I decided to get my PS3 and play online (cuz without offline, there isn't anything to do, since I'm passed my games.), but when I opened the PS3 box the cables to connect to the TV they where gone, so I borrow my friends for a while, but he needs them now, so I need to buy new ones, I just don't have Cash since I bought a new phone.

I may get Call of Duty 4 or Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2.

I'm not that into shooting games that I'll buy a shit load of them. I have Resistance and that's good enough for now. I need to get a larger selection of different genres before I go buying more of the same kind. That’s why I’ve been trying to decide whether or not I should get Proving Ground, SKATE or both since I already have Project 8.

Does anyone have the Godfather for the PS3? If so, is it any good?