Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Godfather is a great game. I had it and it was very good, mind it was a lil' easy though overall good. You should get that new game stranglehold its meant to be really good.

Stranglehold just looked like another Rise to Honor game. The demo was ok.

Oblivion is the one you should buy.

I don't like those type of games.

Well I wasn't playing for about 2 weeks, because my Wifi stopped working. When my wifi got fixed I decided to get my PS3 and play online (cuz without offline, there isn't anything to do, since I'm passed my games.), but when I opened the PS3 box the cables to connect to the TV they where gone, so I borrow my friends for a while, but he needs them now, so I need to buy new ones, I just don't have Cash since I bought a new phone.

I may get Call of Duty 4 or Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2.

I'm not that into shooting games that I'll buy a shit load of them. I have Resistance and that's good enough for now. I need to get a larger selection of different genres before I go buying more of the same kind. That’s why I’ve been trying to decide whether or not I should get Proving Ground, SKATE or both since I already have Project 8.

Does anyone have the Godfather for the PS3? If so, is it any good?

You should get SKATE, It sounds amazing if you ask me. To do an Ollie you quickly flick up then down on the analog stick and it goes on and on... The last Tony Hawk game I got was the remix version for the PSP, I got bored of it extremely quick. I think all the Tony Hawk games are just boring now, there all the same and not much has changed in about the last 5 games.

I remember getting so exited about Project 8 and how it was supposed to be realistic and how every trick would be different etc... But when I saw videos of gameplay I was very dissapointed as you could still ollie about 10 metres in the air and and like a 360 nollie heelflip by just pressing X, left Square and it would be such an easy trick.

Here's a video of the controls in SKATE

You should get SKATE, It sounds amazing if you ask me. To do an Ollie you quickly flick up then down on the analog stick and it goes on and on... The last Tony Hawk game I got was the remix version for the PSP, I got bored of it extremely quick. I think all the Tony Hawk games are just boring now, there all the same and not much has changed in about the last 5 games.

I remember getting so exited about Project 8 and how it was supposed to be realistic and how every trick would be different etc... But when I saw videos of gameplay I was very dissapointed as you could still ollie about 10 metres in the air and and like a 360 nollie heelflip by just pressing X, left Square and it would be such an easy trick.

Here's a video of the controls in SKATE

I don't know if I want to get another skate boarding game for the PS3 just yet since I only have two games for the PS3, one being Project 8...a skate boarding game.

OGTAM I just seen you playing "skate." is it any good?

It's ok, but there are a few things that piss me off.

-You can't get Vans attire.

-The online lags

-Tricks get screwy in online

But other than that, the game is good...so far.

EDIT: Another extremely gay thing about SKATE is that you can't get off your board. You can't get to any good spots. Tony Hawk definitely beats this game.

Edited by Original GTA Master

• 3 weeks later...
I'm going to buy it tomorrow... YAY.

GREAT NEWS: PS3 outsells xbox360 in europe but unfortunally wii is still on top.

I'm thinking of getting Ratchet and Clank for the PS3, can anyone tell me( if they have of course) if it is really cool?

It's rating was 9.4( ign)

I don't have it, but from others I heard its real fun. The demo was great as well.

Ok guys I have some news for all of you.

1. Firmware 2.0 news will be popping up tomorrow and the firmware will come in the next two weeks. Yay! According to Three Speech.

2. Yes. Sadly MGS4 was bumped into Q2 2008. :(

3. An Uncarted: Drakes Fortune demo is coming to the PSN next week.

4. A Haze demo is coming to the PSN at the end of this month.

5. Ps3 f0r t3h w1n!!!111!!!

Hehe.

Ok guys I have some news for all of you.

1. Firmware 2.0 news will be popping up tomorrow and the firmware will come in the next two weeks. Yay! According to Three Speech.

2. Yes. Sadly MGS4 was bumped into Q2 2008. :(

3. An Uncarted: Drakes Fortune demo is coming to the PSN next week.

4. A Haze demo is coming to the PSN at the end of this month.

5. Ps3 f0r t3h w1n!!!111!!!

Hehe.

Cool. Some partially bad news, but over all it's good. Thanks for the news.

Edited by Original GTA Master

Firmware 2 Details:

Hi everyone. Here’s a preview of the next PLAYSTATION 3 firmware update (2.00) scheduled to release within the next few days. This update contains features that will allow you to receive news directly from us on everything PlayStation, enhance the way you access and organize your media, and allow you to customize your XMB in new ways.

Here’s a closer look at the new features:

You’ll notice this icon in the Network category of the XMB. This is the Information Board.

I'm too lazy to upload the image :P

Once activated, you’ll notice scrolling headlines in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. We’ll be delivering the latest news on new games, PLAYSTATION Store updates, hardware, accessories and lots more through the Information Board. Click on the Information Board icon and you’ll be able to see all of the headlines and click through for more detail. The headlines and associated stories will be updated on a regular basis. You can choose not to display the Information Board, but you never know what you might miss, so I’d recommend keeping it on.

We’ve added a nice enhancement to Remote Play called Remote Start, to use Remote Play locally or from a Wi-Fi hotspot, you needed to make sure that your PS3 was on. With Remote Start this is no longer necessary. As long as your PS3 is in standby mode, you’ll be able to turn your PS3 on remotely via the PSP. You can then use Remote Play to access media on your PS3, and when you’re finished you can put your PS3 back into standby mode.

Another feature we’ve added with this update is the ability to set themes on your PS3. Themes will change the whole look of your XMB; the background, icons, and in some cases sounds on your XMB will completely change. We will be providing themes on PlayStation.com and through the PLAYSTATION Store. Once you have downloaded a theme, under Settings go to Theme Settings, select Theme and then choose a theme to display or install a new theme. We are also providing the ability for you to get creative and make your own original themes.

We’ve also added a new way to organize your photos and music on the PS3 - you can now create custom playlists for all of your music and photos.

Finally, regular readers of this blog may have noticed that I’m using a new avatar. You will see that logo above on your XMB representing the new PLAYSTATION Network category. You’ll find the PLAYSTATION Store and Account Management in this category.

Not the "heavy hitter" that we hoped but oh well. Now I can't wait till firmware 2.1!!! :P

Firmware 2 Details:
Hi everyone. Here’s a preview of the next PLAYSTATION 3 firmware update (2.00) scheduled to release within the next few days. This update contains features that will allow you to receive news directly from us on everything PlayStation, enhance the way you access and organize your media, and allow you to customize your XMB in new ways.

Here’s a closer look at the new features:

You’ll notice this icon in the Network category of the XMB. This is the Information Board.

I'm too lazy to upload the image :P

Once activated, you’ll notice scrolling headlines in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. We’ll be delivering the latest news on new games, PLAYSTATION Store updates, hardware, accessories and lots more through the Information Board. Click on the Information Board icon and you’ll be able to see all of the headlines and click through for more detail. The headlines and associated stories will be updated on a regular basis. You can choose not to display the Information Board, but you never know what you might miss, so I’d recommend keeping it on.

We’ve added a nice enhancement to Remote Play called Remote Start, to use Remote Play locally or from a Wi-Fi hotspot, you needed to make sure that your PS3 was on. With Remote Start this is no longer necessary. As long as your PS3 is in standby mode, you’ll be able to turn your PS3 on remotely via the PSP. You can then use Remote Play to access media on your PS3, and when you’re finished you can put your PS3 back into standby mode.

Another feature we’ve added with this update is the ability to set themes on your PS3. Themes will change the whole look of your XMB; the background, icons, and in some cases sounds on your XMB will completely change. We will be providing themes on PlayStation.com and through the PLAYSTATION Store. Once you have downloaded a theme, under Settings go to Theme Settings, select Theme and then choose a theme to display or install a new theme. We are also providing the ability for you to get creative and make your own original themes.

We’ve also added a new way to organize your photos and music on the PS3 - you can now create custom playlists for all of your music and photos.

Finally, regular readers of this blog may have noticed that I’m using a new avatar. You will see that logo above on your XMB representing the new PLAYSTATION Network category. You’ll find the PLAYSTATION Store and Account Management in this category.

Not the "heavy hitter" that we hoped but oh well. Now I can't wait till firmware 2.1!!! :P

Thanks for posting this. I couldn't get to that news portion on the site until just now.

I'm not sure about you, but I like these updates. I've been waiting for some of these for a while now. What were you expecting?