Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

Sorry I should have elaborated :P

Spike TV Video Game Awards 2008 gave GTA IV game of the year. I am a loyal fan of IGN but I think they are giving their opinion and not actually handing out an award. I'm not saying I'm against IGN and their opinion of MGS4, far from it. Atleast at the Spike awards Debi Mae West Won Best Performance by a Human Female for "Meryl Silverburgh" in MGS4 :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry I should have elaborated :P

Spike TV Video Game Awards 2008 gave GTA IV game of the year. I am a loyal fan of IGN but I think they are giving their opinion and not actually handing out an award. I'm not saying I'm against IGN and their opinion of MGS4, far from it. Atleast at the Spike awards Debi Mae West Won Best Performance by a Human Female for "Meryl Silverburgh" in MGS4 :)

Bold: ...wtf... :wtf:

Well my PS3 is acting up again. I've had it back for less than two months and my games are already freezing up. If Sony doesn't give me a new PS3, cost free, I'm gonna go ape shit. :bashhead::jumpon:

Ok, how is it freezing up? As in you have to reset the console from the back because the controller and screen won't do anything? Or is it the game freezes for maybe 2 seconds then goes back to normal? I occasionally get both of that but it's not frequent at all, like a few times a year. Even so it doesn't bother me too much because of checkpoints etc.

Also, what model is your PS3? Is it a 60GB, 80GB etc. Is your PS3 well ventilated and does it get hot very fast? Try cleaning your PS3 THOROUGHLY. Blow in all the vents, clean of all the dust with a moist towel etc.

Forgive me sir, it's been an honour.

Ok, how is it freezing up? As in you have to reset the console from the back because the controller and screen won't do anything? Or is it the game freezes for maybe 2 seconds then goes back to normal? I occasionally get both of that but it's not frequent at all, like a few times a year. Even so it doesn't bother me too much because of checkpoints etc.

Also, what model is your PS3? Is it a 60GB, 80GB etc. Is your PS3 well ventilated and does it get hot very fast? Try cleaning your PS3 THOROUGHLY. Blow in all the vents, clean of all the dust with a moist towel etc.

Forgive me sir, it's been an honour.

It completely freezes...although the soundtrack keeps playing. Then I have to turn it off from the back. This has been happening for the past three days.

It doesn't really get hot, but it gets warm and it's in a pretty well ventilated area.

I guess I'll try cleaning it and see if that helps. It is sort of dusty.

This is what I do to my PS3. I had it for about 7 months without returning it. Even the power button on my PS3 is busted from my mother. Anywho.

- Take a straw , and blow out from the back vent. Do this every 2 weeks just like an air filter.

- Keep your Playstation Next To The Window. Always keep your window cracked so some cold air can come in.

- Never play your PS3 when its warm outside. (Thats how mine broke.)

This is what I do to my PS3. I had it for about 7 months without returning it. Even the power button on my PS3 is busted from my mother. Anywho.

- Take a straw , and blow out from the back vent. Do this every 2 weeks just like an air filter.

- Keep your Playstation Next To The Window. Always keep your window cracked so some cold air can come in.

- Never play your PS3 when its warm outside. (Thats how mine broke.)

Really? Then in the summer you couldn't even play, lol.

Has anyone had the problem when the PS3 says it can't run the software correctly, or something like that? Because I've had it twice now, and I've done nothing to make it crash or glitch. It still works, but I'm a bit worried about that. Christ, I thought the PS3 was supposed to be durable.

Level 30 something on prestige 6 on COD4 now, I do want to get to prestige 10, level 55 soon.

Has anyone had the problem when the PS3 says it can't run the software correctly, or something like that? Because I've had it twice now, and I've done nothing to make it crash or glitch. It still works, but I'm a bit worried about that. Christ, I thought the PS3 was supposed to be durable.

Level 30 something on prestige 6 on COD4 now, I do want to get to prestige 10, level 55 soon.

When does that message appear? I've never had that problem...

Good luck on your goal to Prestige 10 :)

Who here has Uncharted: Drake's Fortune? I just picked it up today. Absolutely amazing. :thumbsup:

Has anyone heard any good things about Shaun White: Snowboarding? I've been thinking about getting that.

I have Uncharted, it's amazing! It's pretty easy to get the Platinum trophy too. Also I've heard that Shaun White is pretty good but it's not really worth buying. I'd suggest having a look around before you get it.

Reviews say Shaun White is ok, Eurogamer hates it lol. I'd get something like Dead Space, I hear it's extremely scary.

I recommend playing the Dead Space demo first, you can find it on the store. I didn't like it. You should get Mirror's Edge it's a great game I got it for Christmas. Very innovative and it also has some fun trophies :)

There's a demo for it on the store if you want to try it out.

Reviews say Shaun White is ok, Eurogamer hates it lol. I'd get something like Dead Space, I hear it's extremely scary.

I recommend playing the Dead Space demo first, you can find it on the store. I didn't like it. You should get Mirror's Edge it's a great game I got it for Christmas. Very innovative and it also has some fun trophies :)

Edited by Mpilk901

I got Dead Space...I got sort of bored of it...mainly because I can't read anything on the screen due to my standard def TV. So I pretty much ran around trying random things, which some times worked...but was very tedious and annoying.

There's a demo for it on the store if you want to try it out.

Yeah, I should have tried the demo first...but then again, I might like it...if I could read the damn text. I guess I'll just wait till I get a new TV to play it. Hopefully my PS3 last that long.

After I dusted my PS3 off it seemed to play fine...but it wasn't really all that dusty. I also relocated it to a better area so it wouldn't over heat.

Edited by Harwood Butcher

Who here has Uncharted: Drake's Fortune? I just picked it up today. Absolutely amazing. :thumbsup:

Has anyone heard any good things about Shaun White: Snowboarding? I've been thinking about getting that.

I have it, it has some nice gameplay and graphics but I don't really see it as being epic....

Dunno anything about Shaun White: Skateboarding.....