Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

I'm getting Resistance 2 for Christmas so you could play with me if you got that. I'm allowed to get one other game though, think I might get Mirror's Edge.

Oh yeah btw OGTAM what's your new PSN ID?

Well once I got the internet working on my PS3, I found out I could sign in on my old one. So I still have all my contacts. I'll be on tomorrow some time when I get back home.

I don't think I've added you yet, will do now.

I just bought Resistance 2! However I can't open it until Christmas...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I was going to accept your friend invite, my internet decided to stop working. So as soon as I'm able to sign back in, I'll accept it.

I'm thinking of going to get the Collector's edition some time this weekend, but I won't be playing it until I beat the first one.

I was so close, but I can't use my damn save files. Pisses me off.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to record PS3 gameplay?

Edited by Harwood Butcher

• 2 weeks later...

As I was going to accept your friend invite, my internet decided to stop working. So as soon as I'm able to sign back in, I'll accept it.

I'm thinking of going to get the Collector's edition some time this weekend, but I won't be playing it until I beat the first one.

You want to waist about $800 on buying two Tv Tuner Card? Damn you have to buy those at Best Buy. And the only way to throw it on Youtube or on any other site is through Sony Vegas (A movie editing pro).

You want to waist about $800 on buying two Tv Tuner Card? Damn you have to buy those at Best Buy. And the only way to throw it on Youtube or on any other site is through Sony Vegas (A movie editing pro).

I've heard of things a lot cheaper than that...I just forget what exactly it was.

So I started Resistance 2 and so far I'm disappointed...mainly because the controls are all switched around.

It's quite fun, customization is good, not a lot of choices available right now however that will probably change after it's been officially released. I do think the camera is rather annoying, like analog stick up to look down etc. overall though, Home is pretty cool, just not something that I'd get addicted to.

I didn't get invited to the Home beta :(

Oh well I don't have my PS3 anyway, I put it away because I need to focus on my GCSE Mock exams.

When are your exams over?

Me neither. Not that I really wanted to play it anyway.

Oh you're just jealous. :P

To be honest, you're not really missing much. Sure, it helps the wait a little, but it still needs some work. From what I've been seeing, it might take another year for it to come out.

I didn't get invited to the Home beta :(

Oh well I don't have my PS3 anyway, I put it away because I need to focus on my GCSE Mock exams.

When are your exams over?

Me neither. Not that I really wanted to play it anyway.

Oh you're just jealous. :P

To be honest, you're not really missing much. Sure, it helps the wait a little, but it still needs some work. From what I've been seeing, it might take another year for it to come out.

My exams are over in 2 days :D

Oh and an open beta will be releasing before the end of the year so that means everybody can try it out. Confirmed by Sony too lazy to find a link.

Hey guys,

Just played CoD: WaW on the PS3, soo fucking awesome. :D My bro's friend let us use his PS3 for a day, and we played all day. Literally the enemies leg blows off right away when you use the shotgun, which is cool, but a little gory too. Played NFS: Undercover as well, good game, but I got bored of it after a few hours. I forgot to place anti-aliasing on, but it still looked good. Graphics look still amazing, and of course, the driving was awesome.

My cousin sold his Wii and is soon to get a PS3, so I hope to be playing on a PS3 more often. ^_^

My exams are over in 2 days :D

Oh and an open beta will be releasing before the end of the year so that means everybody can try it out. Confirmed by Sony too lazy to find a link.

I could see an open beat being released by the end of the year, but I don't think the PlayStation Network could handle that many people yet. A lot of the people you see in Home are transparent.

Hey guys,

Just played CoD: WaW on the PS3, soo fucking awesome. :D My bro's friend let us use his PS3 for a day, and we played all day. Literally the enemies leg blows off right away when you use the shotgun, which is cool, but a little gory too. Played NFS: Undercover as well, good game, but I got bored of it after a few hours. I forgot to place anti-aliasing on, but it still looked good. Graphics look still amazing, and of course, the driving was awesome.

My cousin sold his Wii and is soon to get a PS3, so I hope to be playing on a PS3 more often. ^_^

I want to buy Call of Duty: World at War, but I want to beat Resistance 2 before I go onto another game.

I was just wondering...is Call of Duty: World at War considered CoD5?

I think the NFS series needs to go back to Hot Pursuit 2 and have all the same maps with better graphics with a lot more open roads and the same soundtrack. That was probably the best NFS game.

^ It's basically an add-on - new setting (WW2), very gory, semi-interesting characters, good weapons, and a short story again. The multiplayer is good, but not to COD4 standards, and there are more cheating bastards this time, mainly down to Treyarchs shoddy coding. I wouldn't say it's number 5, Infinity Ward will put that right next year. :)

Edited by The Bossman

Iv got a real prob here, I have updated my PS3 to v2.52 but now it wants 2.53. I live in Australia but the aussi website doesnt have the update and i can only get it from the site to my PC at work because my net at home is too slow. When can i get it from the site?

What do you mean "when"? If it's not on the official site now, then we would have no idea when it would come out. Sony will just release it when ever they can.

A few hours after i wrote that it got released.

HOLY-SHIT! I just got home today(technically yesterday[12/04/08])and I'm doing this damn update and it has taken FIVE HOURS so far to download...AND IT'S ONLY HALF-WAY DONE!!!!1!1!!11!!!

If this damn thing gets to 99% and craps out, I'm throwing it out the winder.

Mine crapped out at 89%. Had to get it at work in the end.

Well that sucks. Mine finally finished after 6-7 hours.

On a side note, in some relation to video games, I had the weirdest ass dream the other day. The setting was the one forest in Resistance 2. There, Johnny Knoxville, from the show “Jackass”, and me got attacked by tons of those bug type things, sack-boys and a giant hybrid land whale that, after we killed, rode down this hill on.

Probably one of the most random ass dreams I’ve ever had.