New Location

Alistair

This is the place to discuss the location of the new game, how you feel about it, whether you think it might be too small/large, and whether liberty city is the only place featured.

Okay, my own opinion, is that they've totally remade Liberty, it will probably have little if anything in common with the last Liberty City we got to visit in GTA3. As has been mentioned on the forums, the size of the real-life NYC (which is of course what Liberty City is based on) is enormous, and a full-size map of it would be far larger than any map already played in GTA. The city sizes in San Andreas were a bit of a complete joke in comparison to how big those three cities (LA, LV, SF) are in real life, and perhaps Rockstar have taken it upon themselves to try and recreate the cities as close as possible. I hope so, because I don't know how you all feel about this, but honestly, if the in-game map IS the size of New York, I'm going to be playing this game for years before I'm bored of it.

Edited by Alistair

I was discussing something like this on another forum. We were thinking that they may use all the previous cities, and state.. Like in the first trailer they showed Liberty City, and then in the second they will show Vice City, and in the third they will show San Andreas, or make a trailer that has each city in SA in it. I don't know, I was just thinking.

I was discussing something like this on another forum. We were thinking that they may use all the previous cities, and state.. Like in the first trailer they showed Liberty City, and then in the second they will show Vice City, and in the third they will show San Andreas, or make a trailer that has each city in SA in it. I don't know, I was just thinking.

Number 1: The game would be boring and crappy if it had the same places, NY is all we need but it would be cool if you could fly to a small part of vice or san andreas by plane or boat etc.

Number 2: All the same places again? There making a full edit of one of there previous games and do you honestly think they have enough room to do that to all of the locations? I mean these double layered discs only have about 5 more gb than the previous 4.7 gb, this ain't no blu-ray! :D

Hmm, a countryside would be awesome but if it's not in there whatever. The totally redesigned Liberty City looks amazing, so many new buildings and even the Statue of Liberty. I bet R* will somehow play with the name for it :P With the totally remade LC I doubt there will be more cities but possibly like I said in the other thread that there might be a mission in GTA IV when you go back to Russia or Moscow to "finish some old business" or something maybe with the Russian Mafia. But LC looks great from the trailer! :D

Liberty City will probably have some of its buildings there like the Church/Cathedral.

I hope it has some of its Train stations/tracks there too (Subway, El Train)

And i hope it has more bridges

Duh, it showed it in the video lol.

Man, I jsut hope it's that place in GTA 3 that you couldn't go up too. Like OGTAM said, maybe it's called Upstate LC.

Edited by Nate10

I think more than likely it will JUST be NYC, but maybe the entire state - which is big! I would be knocked down on my face in shock if they included vice city in it as well. That sign could have just been an add.....perhaps this is what the "episodic content" will be.....or a link to the next GTA, which will be in Vice....again.....(please god no)

I think more than likely it will JUST be NYC, but maybe the entire state - which is big! I would be knocked down on my face in shock if they included vice city in it as well. That sign could have just been an add.....perhaps this is what the "episodic content" will be.....or a link to the next GTA, which will be in Vice....again.....(please god no)

Yeh if they made Vice again I would be very annoyed, obviously I would still buy it but they should just make a brand new city all together without including Liberty, Vice or San Andreas. Make a new one like San Andreas though, it would show off RAGE's features to the Max! And the Euphoria engine or however you spell it..

And saying that I'm now off to sleep :D Its 4:06AM.

Edited by Mpilk

Yeah if R* just started remaking all the games it would be really cool but not creative at all. I think this will only be the case for GTA IV though and then there will be new places. But if GTA IV had a different city either than Liberty that would be insane seeing how big the "new" L.C. is. If they there Vice City in there the game would be huge! It will probably be in Liberty City only. :)