Destructable Environment Evidence

tilly

What i saw first when I saw the video was the dents and cracks in the ground. Then i saw the big piece of sheet metal covering the pothole in the road. It looked like it was new and that it moved a little bit when the car ran it over. Then I saw the docks and how they were all destroyed and being rebuilt. I also saw a few things that looked like cranes in the landscape views like on the bridge. Then I saw the workers near the boat. And i dont know why carpenters with 4/16s would be working on a boat, but near it, yes. So what I'm saying is that there could be destructable environments that get fixed quite easily and intelligent (using temporary fillers like the sheet metal.) But then are hard to break. I just want to hear your thoughts.

This could be possible. I think the presence of construction workers, who patched up buildings, like in rela time when you're about, but in a higher speed, when you're not, is totalluy feasable, well for the PS3.

Like to see this happen. And maybe you could 'hinder' the repair of some buildings by taking out the costruction workers. High scaffolding + M4 + Ragdoll physics + Hard ground = Much Fun.

(providing R* give us ragdoll.... DO IT!)

So yeah...

This could be possible. I think the presence of construction workers, who patched up buildings, like in rela time when you're about, but in a higher speed, when you're not, is totalluy feasable, well for the PS3.

Like to see this happen. And maybe you could 'hinder' the repair of some buildings by taking out the costruction workers. High scaffolding + M4 + Ragdoll physics + Hard ground = Much Fun.

(providing R* give us ragdoll.... DO IT!)

So yeah...

not only ragdoll , R* Licensed the Euphoria engine wich allows lets say throwing a character at a car 5 times over again, the character will never hit the car the same way. watch this video of Indiana Jones witch uses the euphoria engine, its going to be epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fACZMsKN7fk

heres info demo on euphoria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVpLWnF3MWA

Edited by Metal

Yeah but it's not yet comfirmed that GTA4 will use it.

Anyway I don't think that destructable enviroment would be so important to the game.

yeah, but the hype about a break through game that no one has seen before and more realistic its more than likely that it will have euphoria.

Edited by Metal

Well it mentioned in the gameinformer mag that the people will react a lot more realistically and stuff, but it didn't make mention of Euphoria. I'm guessing it won't be in the game unfortunately.

As for destructable environments, I seriously seriously doubt it, that would mean the insides of every building would have to be made as well, so when you blow up a wall, you can see inside.....it's just too soon, but I can't wait until the day a GTA game has it!

Probably we will just see a few destructable objects, like benches and stuff, and yeah like the first post here said, big pieces of wood might be able to move, in the same way when you walk through trash it moves (gameinformer mag mentioned that as well I think).

Edited by Alistair

Well it mentioned in the gameinformer mag that the people will react a lot more realistically and stuff, but it didn't make mention of Euphoria. I'm guessing it won't be in the game unfortunately.

but isnt that what euphoria is? Feeling the weight in each step, and moving more flawlessly and smoothly, less predictable reactions and just more realistic movement? Thats pretty much a good description of euphoria and also what was mentioned in GI. What would you say if you were playing the game and didnt want to make any other commercial remarks? If the game used euphoria i would say just what they said.

Yes, you have a point about the people being more realistic over the ground and stuff, I just felt it was a little late for them to use euphoria in the game given it hasn't been that long since rockstar said they'd use euphoria in some next-gen games. But I would have thought, that GTA would have been a massive endorsement for eurphoria, and they'd mention they're using it straight away. But, I guess we'll find out!

Im not sure what they meant cuz they didnt say much. But they had been working with them for a while before and just now said that they were. that MOST LIKELY means that gta4 will have it. Since this is there only known nextgen that will be aplicable with euphoria.

Now if everything were destructable that wouldn't be GTA, know what I'm saying, but I believe some things will be destructable, but how, I'm not sure. And I'm not sure if the Xbox 360-version can take it as ps3player mentioned.

Yeah I agree with you there, Some things will definetly be breakable like trees maybe and probably some other stuff like statues maybe.

LOL!! 9.5 GB is not small, my man. All we gotta have is a Havok Physics engine (the newest one) and some kind of regenerator which will replenish the damage done.

Play Company of Heroes. It's like what, about 3GB, but almost everything can be destroyed and guess what: the scars delivered are never the same, never, never completely the same. Thanks to the Havok Physics engine I was talking about.

But Company of Heroes only took about what, 3 GB or something. And trust me, the graphics are great. On the highest settings, the game gonna look like Half-Life 2, only 100 times bigger.

Physic Generators won't require THAT much space. Because it just generates things, it doesn't load massive-pre-made things (such as debris).

With about 9.5 GB to play on, I don't think having destructable environment is gonna be a big problem. Besides, I know that not all of the environment is going to be completely destructable, because if it does, some people will be upset if they load the game and the city lies in ruins for the rest of the game, right?

Totally agree man, let's just say, I'm sure it would have been damn fun and all, destroying everything in Liberty City, but then what? Oh shit, I've destroyed Liberty City, now what? What the hell is going on? Yeah man, R* would never do that, and if everything were destructable it wouldn't be GTA anymore, know what I'm saying. This is GTA, not Red Faction.