HALO

Dirty Harry

Well ive played Halo:combat evolved on PC for quite some time now, and i have to say that the singleplayer sucks ass. Well it was ok in the start but then all the levels became similar, same textures and stuff, all the hallways were similar and i got confused, didnt know where to go etc. But i think that the singleplayer on XBox is much more better, but still the aspect where halo scores most of the points is multiplayer. The game is suitable for noobs too cause your character has a shield, so you dont get killed instantly like in CS for example if you are new to the game. Another thing, you can use vehicles like tanks, and some interesting flying alien machines, which are very easy to operate, and all this also helps newbies to adapt and eventually get better. And a very fun thing is Warthog, a hummer-like army vehicle with a gun turret on top. Players can cooperate- one steers, one shoots from the big gun, and another passenger can use his own gun, sitting next to the driver. Also you have a big choice of weapons starting with a pistol and ending with a rocket launcher, plus alien weapons. Plus some cool future thingys, like teleporter etc.

Edited by QuickDeath

Well ive played Halo:combat evolved on PC for quite some time now, and i have to say that the singleplayer sucks ass. Well it was ok in the start but then all the levels became similar, same textures and stuff, all the hallways were similar and i got confused, didnt know where to go etc. But i think that the singleplayer on XBox is much more better, but still the aspect where halo scores most of the points is multiplayer. The game is suitable for noobs too cause your character has a shield, so you dont get killed instantly like in CS for example if you are new to the game. Another thing, you can use vehicles like tanks, and some interesting flying alien machines, which are very easy to operate, and all this also helps newbies to adapt and eventually get better. And a very fun thing is Warthog, a hummer-like army vehicle with a gun turret on top. Players can cooperate- one steers, one shoots from the big gun, and another passenger can use his own gun, sitting next to the driver. Also you have a big choice of weapons starting with a pistol and ending with a rocket launcher, plus alien weapons. Plus some cool future thingys, like teleporter etc.

Thanks

Personally, I thought the first Halo was a little overrated. (Yeah, hardcore Halo fans kill me now.) But I didn't really find the game all that fun. I mean, I thought it was a good game, but Halo:CE just wasn't one of my favorites.

However, different story for Halo 2. I mean, the upgrades just made sense to me and made me fall in love with the game. Dual-wielding, hijacking, and Xbox Live really fleshed out the game.

I used to love Halo 2...when I was 11.

IMO, Xbox Live is too...immature. Too many little kids screaming in your ear. Too many hackers. No control.

PC gaming is far superior for many reasons. Games like Counter-Strike give me more of a challenge (become skilled at Counter-Strike then go play Halo on Xbox, you'll kill the shit out of everyone else without effort) and more control.

Once in a while I may fire up the ol' Xbox 360 and make the little kids cry, but I really don't see that happening until:

1. I have $60 to blow on Halo 3 that and there's nothing else I want

2. GTAIV is released

Orange Box > Halo 3

Then again, The Orange Box is, like, five games for the price of one, I think. (Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2, HL2: Episodes 1 and 2, and something else, if I recall. Not a bad deal.)

Hey, can't really knock Halo 3 all that much. The feature I'm most looking forward to is Forge. I mean, a map editor that can be used in-game? Pretty sweet, IMO.

Yeah, I know that an hell of a lot of shooters on the PC already have extensive map editors, but still. It's kinda cool.

DO NOT READ! HUGE SPOILER FOR THE WHOLE HALO SERIES!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

It has been leaked information that at the end of Halo 3, everyone dies. Including Masterchief. My friend saw it on Attack of the show.

Don't hate me. I warned you.

LOL, I'm going to bug the hell outta my friend about that and ruin it for him. I don't even care if you're lieing, it'll ruin my friends day....IT'LL BE HILARIOUS!!!

I called my friend over the phone to tell him and as soon as I started to talk about it he hung up. I was laughing my ass off. I called him back and said "Sorry about that, my phone got fucked up or something.", acting as if I didn't know he hung up on me.

Oh well, I thought it was funny. :lol:

He said he's been staying off of the internet so he doesn't accidentally run into any spoilers. I think that's sort of taking it to the extreme.

• 2 weeks later...
I called my friend over the phone to tell him and as soon as I started to talk about it he hung up. I was laughing my ass off. I called him back and said "Sorry about that, my phone got fucked up or something.", acting as if I didn't know he hung up on me.

Oh well, I thought it was funny. :lol:

He said he's been staying off of the internet so he doesn't accidentally run into any spoilers. I think that's sort of taking it to the extreme.

What? That makes perfect sense if you ask me... When GTA IV is released I plan not to come on this forum until I've finished the game, spoilers can be a real bitch.

EDIT: Oh crap, very sorry about bumping the topic. BAD mistake.

Edited by Mpilk