GTA4 - A remake of GTA2?

Chris

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I think GTA4 should be an entire country, but not a very large one, just a small one with Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas, and I think the other city should be a Detroit like city.

And its more realistic with seasons, like you go through the entire year, and you can get snow in the winter, rain, thunderstorms, tornados in the summer, etc...

And since GTA4 will obviously be on the PS3 probably, and using blu-ray discs it can hold up to 25gb single layer and 50gb if its dual layer, so they can pack alot of information on that disc.

And because of the space, they could have alot more cars and other vehicles.

And another idea would be if you played as Claude at present time(2007?), and he can talk, and you could possibly do work for Tommy Vercetti in Vice City, and Tommy is a drug lord, like around 45-50 years old.

And since each city is an island, you can just fly from each city, or possibly have bridges that connect all the cities.

And in each city there is a different climate depending on what time of the year it is, like it could be snowing in Liberty City but be nice and warm in San Andreas.

This should be the next Grand Theft Auto.

if it was the size of a country not only would it take years to make it would be much better but it would also be a h*** of a lot harder the what GTA SA was but knowing the good guy and dolls at Rock Star they prob plan on GTA SA being as hughe as it was and started str8 away on planing the next GTA game and how it would be different but still a GTA game

if it was the size of a country not only would it take years to make it would be much better but it would also be a h*** of a lot harder the what GTA SA was but knowing the good guy and dolls at Rock Star they prob plan on GTA SA being as hughe as it was and started str8 away on planing the next GTA game and how it would be different but still a GTA game

I seriously need a n00b to english language decoder.

Of course it will take years to make. We are talking about the PS3 here!

Yeah, it will take much longer to make, but if they hire more people to work on it, they could get it done in a reasonable amount of time.

So its obvious that it will sell big time, based off the sales from Vice City and San Andreas.

So if they already started working on it, they could possibly have it done by Oct. 2007, and since the PS3 might come out in Late 2006 it will give people enough time to buy PS3s and by Oct. 2007, the release it.

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody want to make a spelling correction forum round here?

Size isnt all that matters in gaming. Sure, the larger the gameplay area, then the longer the gameplay and the more opportunities to fit every little idea in.

But come on guys, if you have an entire country to roam, that would get a little bit boring. Ooo - countryside, countryside, village, countryside, countryside, city... etc. If we have just a couple/small handful of cities, with a nice rural stretch in and around, then thats gonna provide us with a big enough area for tons of gameplay, but not so big as we don't get lost / so we can find our way round. I love learning cities, in fact, I know Vice City better than i know any other single place in the world.

Mind you, this is PS3, this is Blu-Ray, gaming will change from what we know, maybe to the extent of games that take weeks to finish...

Weeks? What? It takes weeks to finish a Flash game. It will take years to finish a PS3 game.

Vice city was really small. I don't like VC's landscaping much. I think it would be awesome to have a whole country. Why? Because it would take months longer to see everything. That would mean I would play it more and get more out of the game. You won't get lost, it's called having a map.

Blu-ray? Somebody fill me in on this.

What they said the PS3 was going to use. They aren't using Blu-Ray discs, though.

Unless you are un-able to read a map, it's pretty difficult to get lost.

I personally, would like a very big area of land to explore, i'm not overly fussy about the detail, I just like something that will take me a while before I even begin to figure the game out.

Obviously, I'd like some more missions and other tasks to do...

In short, I want SA. But bigger.

I didn't mean actually get lost - but if we had, for example, The United States in GTA4, then it would take one hell of a long time to visit every place, and impossible to visit every function. Although the principle of a larger map is appealing, if its too big then we may miss the fun bits.

Blu-Ray is the next generation of media. LPs, Cassettes, VHS, Beta, CD-Rom, DVD have all preceeded. CDs and DVDs are read by red lasers, which are slightly slower than blue lasers, which Blu-Ray disks are made for.

The PS3 will use Blu-Ray disks, and GTA4, which should accompany the PS3, could have up to 53gb, yes thats Fifty-Three Gigabytes, of data. This is why Blu-Ray is better. Currently, a CD has 700mb, and a standard DVD about 4.7gb. Just think what you could do with a disk eleven times the size of the one that will be used for San Andreas PC (won't even be full).

This is why people are talking about GTA4 covering an entire country, there is enough space for about 25 cities (including countryside), and thats accounting for major engine, physics and texture expansions.

woo

• 2 weeks later...
lets hope the PS3 has an easier method of text entry, you could type you name in and maybe it could be replicated to say your name in the cutscenes, using the availible voice emulating technology.

The problem with that is pronounciation. It may not know how to pronounce what you type in. You might have to re-spell it. And even then it's hard sometimes. You ever use BonzaiBuddy? The purple ape thing? He's weird, and it's hilarious making him talk.

Infact, I think I'll download him again.