Complacent Sheeple Upholds Overlord Status Quo

For all of you pundits out there, please someone (anyone) answer these questions for me without giving me the roundabout or explaining away the situation:

1. Why is it that the Official GTAIV manual by R* never once mentions the need or ability to HOLD down the UP bottom on the D-pad to retrieve the cellphone when Niko has a whole lot of other weapons in his arsenal? The manual mentions HOLD alternative for many other buttons and functions, but NOT for the UP button. But it is plainly obvious that when Niko has a whole lot of guns and he is in a firefight, just PRESSING the UP bottom alone is NOT going to directly pull out his cellphone... So for a 100 million dollar development game (or so you guys want to fool yourself thinking) they couldn't get the manual right???

2. Why is it that IGN (and SO MANY OTHER SITES) give GTAIV a perfect 10 with regards to solely the GRAPHICS DEPARTMENT.

Again I am ONLY TALKING ABOUT GRAPHICS. Why did IGN review give GTAIV better and higher marks in graphics than Crysis or Assassin Creed and many other titles! Please explain this rationally why don't you?

3. Why has no one else here tried to go to PlayboyX balcony with a sniper rifle at night time. Zoomed in way into the far distant at a building or bridge, and then immediately get rid of the weapon and look back at the Niko character to see that the chairs, tables, stands, and plants and umbrella behind him just magically popped in out of nowhere when there was nothing a moment ago? In fact you can repeat this as many times as you wish in one setting, the game erases objects as close as two or three FEET away when he is doing something else, just to plant them back once Niko focus on his immediately surroundings again... Not rendering objects 100's of feet away can be understood, but objects right next to you should never disappear.. This is poor engine design ANY WAY YOU PUT IT. NO Excuse.

4. Why does the so called SMART Camera FORCE you to view its intended (and often idiotic) camera angles without the option to turn this off in the settings menu? Why does the game treat everyone like noobs and forces the camera to fight with the gamer and always perpetually re-orientate (OMG is that a BIG WORD? Am I being POMPOUS?? or maybe just facetious? ) forwards when it comes to preferred camera angles?

5. If you are going to do cheats why not do it right? Why is there no GOD MODE? Why can't we TURN OFF COPS?

and more annoyingly, why does the route of doing cheats require something that will most likely piss a lot of people off because cellphones get knocked out just as you are about to punch in a cheat? Is Rockstar mocking us? All the more reason to have a simple and clean GOD MODE and get it over with... What use is a open world game when you can't truly mess around (memory limitations) and you get watered down cheats? (what is so hard about GOD MODE?, esp when the developers knew beforehand the stupid phone getting knocked out by cops bullets will cap the amount of fun and make using cheats nothing but a stupid chore, esp if we just want to cause mayhem in the city, without the ability to turn cops off and having the cheats menu tied in with the stupid cell phone interface that can get shoot off by the cops that you can't turn off is just annoying layered upon annoying and killing any fun!!! I wasted $65 USD)

6. Why does everyone here blindly support the propaganda and hype, and no one dare challenges the status quo? Is the sheeple of the console gaming world this blindly subservient to their conglomerate masters and corporate overlords that they would dismiss any criticisms of their holy grail (that really upon closer inspection isn't) ? We all agree this game is far far from being "perfect". Why is it given perfect marks by the reviewers? Am I the only person on here that has a gut feeling this time around the reviewers collectively and tacitly gave in and jumped in on the GTAIV hype bandwagon? Come on people, wake up.. Something doesn't smell right and you know it too..

1. How many hardcore gamers read the manual?

2. Have you seen these reviews? I certainly remember them reporting remarkable gameplay, writing, directing, physics and depth of play, as well as graphics. Oh, and because Assassin's was shit. Crysis was a really pretty FPS, and as good as i think it is, it's nowhere near as revolutionary as IV.

3. If you want to view a slideshow when you aim a sniper scope, be my guest.

forces the camera to fight with the gamer

I believe the gamer would be fighting with the camera, but anyhow, I've never noticed anything wrong with the camera. Should i so wish to change my camera angle, I will, with no iffs or buts from anywhere.

5. Because cheats are fail. If you're really so distraught, go get a refund. Jeez.

6. The first time i played the game (at a friends house, not i don't own the game) it left a somewhat bad taste in my mouth. Also, do some research, I'd be willing to bet there's at least a dozen topics here bitching about GTAIV in quite the same way you are.

Not to say that i do think the game is perfect, and that it was somewhat a let down from the hype it received, but the hype is the work of fans, not the developers.

There is also reason to believe that reviewers agreed to Give IV a 10/10 in exchange for exclusive footage, early reviews etc. But none of this can be proved (proven, proved? meh.)

Since MLL beat me to responding to these asinine questions, I'm just gonna call the topic creator a fucking moron. You want cheats? Go back to playing Barbie's Horse Adventure, buddy. You're not a gamer. This is by far one of the easiest GTAs I've played. I've never had problems with the camera or controls. They seem damn-near perfect for a game of any genre.

And yeah. I do support the hype. Because unlike Halo 3, GTA IV actually lived up to it. Great controls, compelling story, fun multiplayer, what more could you want? Do you think you're being trendy by saying GTA IV's shit? You're only making yourself look like a douchebag with nothing better to do than whine about how much he can't play a sandbox game that's too complicated for him.

BTW, you're overly verbose and your rants make no sense to someone who's actually played the game. Or any real game, for that matter. I honestly think that you were expecting something like "Baby's First Sandbox Game", but instead got a game that shatters all expectations. And it kicked your can't-play-the-game-without-god-mode-because-your-older-brother-held-your-hand-through-every-game-you-played-until-now ass.

EDIT: I wish Chris would bring the Warzone back.

Edited by L-RiC

Since MLL beat me to responding to these asinine questions, I'm just gonna call the topic creator a fucking moron. You want cheats? Go back to playing Barbie's Horse Adventure, buddy. You're not a gamer. This is by far one of the easiest GTAs I've played. I've never had problems with the camera or controls. They seem damn-near perfect for a game of any genre.

And yeah. I do support the hype. Because unlike Halo 3, GTA IV actually lived up to it. Great controls, compelling story, fun multiplayer, what more could you want? Do you think you're being trendy by saying GTA IV's shit? You're only making yourself look like a douchebag with nothing better to do than whine about how much he can't play a sandbox game that's too complicated for him.

BTW, you're overly verbose and your rants make no sense to someone who's actually played the game. Or any real game, for that matter. I honestly think that you were expecting something like "Baby's First Sandbox Game", but instead got a game that shatters all expectations. And it kicked your can't-play-the-game-without-god-mode-because-your-older-brother-held-your-hand-through-every-game-you-played-until-now ass.

Do you really think Rockstar cares? They know themselves better than anyone else does... They only care about profit like everyone else. But I don't blame them, it is the way the world works. As long as people line up for miles outside waiting till midnight it will continue... Rockstar will become another EA soon enough if they don't get bought out by EA. Success always brings about the nasty "business" side and overhead that is bureaucracy. Wealth does not exists in a vacuum, it is an exchange from the poor to the rich. The fans and gamers are the ones at the base propping up the success of Rockstar and GTAIV to the top of the food chain. They are enslaving you slowly but surely and you are loving them for it. The best way to control a peoples is to have them build their own coffins. Exactly what is happening know. The reviewers were all bought out and everyone and their dog is drinking the Kool-Aid

P.S. And please don't tell me just because I can't make a game better than GTAIV I shouldn't be complaining. GTAIV was the collective work of hundreds of people over many years. They might have put in 100 mil for the development of the game, but they made all that back and more within days of release. That is plenty lucrative return on investment if you ask me.

My point is the hype is not justified by the delivery. This game did not and does not deserve a perfect 10/10!

Take notice that there are plenty of other games that when it first came out was also the "best of its time" that never received such universally acclaimed perfect score and high marks.. So what explains the bias? Can someone connect the dots here?

Please don't change the subject..

Edited by gtaiv74656

Ignores the dipshit

mate we all wish for it to come back

I'm not changing the subject. I'm offering a possible explanation as to why you would have so many issues with the game. Because blaming the game is a lot easier than you taking fault, isn't it? At the very least, my opinions aren't as outlandish as yours. Rockstar doesn't whore out its best-selling franchises as EA does. Rockstar shows no intentions of doing so in the future, either.

And what's with this misconception that 10/10 = PERFECT? I've seen universal praise, but no review that outrights says GTA IV is perfection in a plastic box.

Edited by L-RiC

if 10/10 isn't a perfect score how the hell is a perfect score 11/10

I think that's what Shadow said, lol.

And yeah, I don't know that much about the controls and neither do I know what to expect in the game since I don't actually have it (Yet), but I can agree that GTA IV isn't fully a 10/10, but we know that "10/10 = Perfect" is just from what other people think, and a few magazines think.

Oh and before I go, Rockstar will never turn into EA, I can guarantee you that.