Worst PC

_Ray

OK, post the specs here of your PC if you think it sucks. No saracsm/ showing off great systems, but if you have a crappy PC, show it here, let's see who's got the worst.

It must be your Primary PC that you use everyday, and not just some old one sitting up in your attic.

I'll start:

Gigabyte K8VM800 Motherboard

350W PSU

Windows XP SP3 (I liked SP2 better <_< )

Onboard 64MB UniChromeII Graphics @ 1280x1024, 60fps, 32bit Color on 1999 CRT 14" Monitor

512MB Single Channel DDR RAM @ 400 MHz (PC 3200)

Samsung 80GB ATA100 (IDE) HDD, 20.7GB Free

Internal 16x DVD-ROM Drive, (Broken), External USB 2.0 Memorex 16x DVD-RAM Multi Recorder

No Floppy

5W Speakers from 1999

AMD Athlon 64 2800+ @ 1.8GHz, 512k L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB, Single Core

Canon MP530 Printer

10/100 Onboard Ethernet, 10Mbps connection

Onboard Realtek AC'97 Sound, and SB Live! PCI Card Somethin' from long ago, put in last year. The SB is used it's game-port for my Keyboard and Joystick. (They're old too) The AC'97 is for Audio.

This System was built during the summer of 2005, was decent at the time, now it sucks.

I used to have better 100W Speakers, and I used to have a MP390 Printer. I got the External Drive 8 months before the Internal quit.

Edited by raybob95

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gigabyte S-Series (GA-m57SLI-S4) nVidia 570 AM2 Gaming Motherboard (Hell of a mobo')
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ @ 2.6GHz (Not the newest processor out there but has been around the block a few times and at least knows how to turn tricks)
  • 4GB Corsair XMS DDR2 PC6400 RAM (When you're rolling a 64-bit OS you need a lot of RAM to be genetically different, baby)
  • ATi Radeon 3870OC PCI-Express (One of the best graphics cards available at time of purchase, still performs well today, suck it envidya)
  • WD 250GB SATA 3GB/Sec 7200RPM HD (Seagate blows)
  • WD 640GB SATA 3GB/Sec 7200RPM HD (Seagate still slows, as does Maxtor, but I needed moar storage for my...files)
  • Logitech MX518 8-Button Optical mouse (This is the best mouse that has ever been made or ever will be made, hands down)
  • Logitech G11 USB Keyboard (Wonderful keyboard which helps when playing the vidya and work--Macros are wonderful!)
  • Plantronics GameComPro Surround Sound Headset (If you can't hear people sneaking up on you, what is the point of headphones? Deep bass, wonderful response on all levels, very comfortable...awesome headset)
  • Rosewill ATX~500w Power Supply (Meh, it's a PSU, what can I say? It powers my PC fine and has done so for the past 2 years)
  • Xion ATX mid tower black case with side window and LED lit front panels. (Looks cool and I like the side-window but holy shit my next case will be...toned down for sure...those LEDs keep me up at night)
  • HP DVD-RW/DVD ROM Combo drive (Superdrive to the Macfags, it burns DVDs/CDs and reads them, what more can I say?)
  • Acer 22'' X-Series 5ms LCD Monitor (DVI/VGA, 2500:1 CR, 1680x1050, holy shit it's an awesome monitor, HUEG and only $150, GO GET ONE!)

• Gigabyte S-Series (GA-m57SLI-S4) nVidia 570 AM2 Gaming Motherboard (Hell of a mobo')
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ @ 2.6GHz (Not the newest processor out there but has been around the block a few times and at least knows how to turn tricks)
  • 4GB Corsair XMS DDR2 PC6400 RAM (When you're rolling a 64-bit OS you need a lot of RAM to be genetically different, baby)
  • ATi Radeon 3870OC PCI-Express (One of the best graphics cards available at time of purchase, still performs well today, suck it envidya)
  • WD 640GB SATA 3GB/Sec 7200RPM HD (Seagate still slows, as does Maxtor, but I needed moar storage for my...files)
  • Logitech MX518 8-Button Optical mouse (This is the best mouse that has ever been made or ever will be made, hands down)
  • Logitech G11 USB Keyboard (Wonderful keyboard which helps when playing the vidya and work--Macros are wonderful!)
  • Plantronics GameComPro Surround Sound Headset (If you can't hear people sneaking up on you, what is the point of headphones? Deep bass, wonderful response on all levels, very comfortable...awesome headset)
  • Rosewill ATX~500w Power Supply (Meh, it's a PSU, what can I say? It powers my PC fine and has done so for the past 2 years)
  • Xion ATX mid tower black case with side window and LED lit front panels. (Looks cool and I like the side-window but holy shit my next case will be...toned down for sure...those LEDs keep me up at night)
  • HP DVD-RW/DVD ROM Combo drive (Superdrive to the Macfags, it burns DVDs/CDs and reads them, what more can I say?)
  • Acer 22'' X-Series 5ms LCD Monitor (DVI/VGA, 2500:1 CR, 1680x1050, holy shit it's an awesome monitor, HUEG and only $150, GO GET ONE!)

Post this just to piss him off? :innocent:

Anyways, I think I have a mid-decent PC, so I'll post it.

I don't think I can even post my mobo, it came with the PC, and I know it's an nVidia chipset((funnily enough, I accidentally typed "cheapset" at first)).

AMD Athlon 64 3500+((which is barely a step up from my 2800+, if it even is))

1.5GBs of some cheap RAM((yanked a half GB out to give to Chestnut))

I have an integrated nVidia GeForce 6100, and I don't even know the memory because every program tells me something different((and if anyone could tell me how to set/change it, I'd appreciate that)).

And since I didn't build this PC myself, that's really all I can tell you. Thus is the problem with buying prebuilt PCs.

Not exactly a terrible PC.....

Spaz's was more like it, but this is actually a pretty good PC. <_<

I have the worst PC, I know it:

- Processor: Intel Core2Quad 2.4Ghz

- GFX Card: (a sucky) nVidia GeForce 8500 GT (I mean CR of crap) - 512MB OC'd and still can't do good on IV.

- Monitor: Acer AL1715 - 17'

- HDD: SAMSUNG HD321KJ (298 GB)

- DVD Drive: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202N (16-52x)

- Audio: Realtek ALC662 @ Intel 82801HB ICH8 - High Definition Audio Controller

- GFX Card: (a sucky) nVidia GeForce 8500 GT (I mean CR of crap) - 512MB OC'd and still can't do good on IV.

Is that what you call, crappy? :hurrhurr:

Ha. Not so much.

I had a pretty shit PC before:

Intel Pentium 4 Processor @ 2.1GHz

256MB of RAM

40GB HDD

Nvidia GeForce 3 series (Don't know the exact model) 64MB

My New PC (Brought in September 08') is this:

Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4GHz, 8MB Cache, 1066MHz)

ASUS P5N-MX Nvidia Geforce7050 Mainboard - Intel Core™ 2 Duo/Quad Core MATX

4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM - (2x 2GB)

500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer

Samsung 22x Dual Layer DVD Writer Super Format +R/-R/RW/RAM

512MB nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT

20.1" Widescreen LCD TFT

The whole system is awesome except the graphics card, can only play most high end games on Medium/Low settings. This will last me for a few years.

Edited by TM™

TM's old PC would definitely be the worst one thus far.

Mine's fairly average

HP D510SFF

Intel P4 2.4GHz

1GB of DDR Ram

120GB HDD

NVidia GeForce 6200 (256MB V.RAM) (supporting dual screens)

Dual old Compaq 7020 LCD Monitors

And not to mention, AWESOME PINK SPEAKERS!

Pic below (...and yes, I know my carpet is old and outdated. Meh.)

post-65-1235283014_thumb.jpg

I don't know why people still have CRTs. 19" LCDs can go for as low as 80 quid here.

I have a 15" CRT from 1999 that came with my original Toshiba PC

Specs:

366MHz Pentium CPU

5.99GB HDD

Onboard Video, probably about 4 or 6MB, can't remember

Total 32MB RAM if I remember correctly

Windows 98

Dial-Up

So yeah, my monitor's seen a lot.

And what the hell is a quid?

Is that British Slang for pound or something?

Edited by raybob95

You got it Raybob.

And yeah seems like I have a shitty old PC still lying around somewhere in my house. Hopefully someone else will come and have a much worser PC than I have. Oh yeah, that old PC of mine would of been badass if it was the year 2000-2002. Payed like £1,000 for it back in the year 2000, now it could possibly cost around like £200 or even below! :P

Edit: Oops, missed raybob's post, But oh well, this may still be interesting to some.

Well, I thought maybe this was for computers you use from day to day, but if we're posting our oldest, I think I might win!

IBM ThinkPad 755C

Windows 3.11 for Workgroups

75 MHz DX4 Processor

7000KB RAM

2x PCMCIA slots

340MB HDD

She's a pretty slick little machine! :P

post-65-1235349285_thumb.jpg

post-65-1235349305_thumb.jpg

Edit: Oops, missed raybob's post, But oh well, this may still be interesting to some.

Well, I thought maybe this was for computers you use from day to day, but if we're posting our oldest, I think I might win!

IBM ThinkPad 755C

Windows 3.11 for Workgroups

75 MHz DX4 Processor

7000KB RAM

2x PCMCIA slots

340MB HDD

She's a pretty slick little machine! :P

post-65-1235349285_thumb.jpg

post-65-1235349305_thumb.jpg

Will it play GTA IV on max settings? :awesome: