Songs You Hate

Deji

I Cant stand the new mainstream rap. Its all Money, Cars and Hoes. What happened to the ghetto or hanging out with your homies? Oh yeah you guys have no homies cause you were never in the ghetto!

I agree with that, it all seems to be about money, cars, and sex these days.

Not that I listen to rap anyway.

The only songs I find really annoying are the ones that the radio stations repeat over... and over... and over.

Sure, play them once. Or maybe twice. But not 35907396 times.

Now that you guys mention it, that's all mainstream radio plays nowadays: nothing but songs about love/sex, opulence, and teenage angst. Every genre has its own creative crutch and you won't get any airplay unless you abuse that crutch. That's why glam and nu metal died and with any luck, so will emo and this new brand of glam rap. And yes, wanting teenage angst to die sounds weird coming from a person whose favorite band is Linkin Park.

I Cant stand the new mainstream rap. Its all Money, Cars and Hoes. What happened to the ghetto or hanging out with your homies? Oh yeah you guys have no homies cause you were never in the ghetto!

Hey, they're the three things people talk about all the time in real life anyway, right? Especially guys. What's wrong with rapping about it?

Also, a homie is someone you grew up with or that is close to you... Doesn't mean you have to be in the ghetto ;)

You telling me you never talk about your car or other peoples cars and you don't talk about money issues or finding a good girlfriend ever? I find that hard to believe. :P

Yeah, but then again, who the fuck cares about the ghetto? What makes you so cool for living in the ghetto?

It's not about it being cool, it's about the fact it's difficult living there. It's something that people who live in the ghetto can usually get more than people who haven't. It's nothing cool, it's the complete opposite which is why they rap about it. If you listen to most of the lyrics they always say how fucked up it is growing up there. You would care about the Ghetto if you lived there.

Yeah, but then again, who the fuck cares about the ghetto? What makes you so cool for living in the ghetto?

It's not about it being cool, it's about the fact it's difficult living there. It's something that people who live in the ghetto can usually get more than people who haven't. It's nothing cool, it's the complete opposite which is why they rap about it. If you listen to most of the lyrics they always say how fucked up it is growing up there. You would care about the Ghetto if you lived there.

I live in a trailer surrounded by hicks armed with shotguns and drunk on the cheapest beer welfare checks could buy. I don't give a shit about where I'm from, I just wanna get out. Fuck acknowledging this hellhole, I wonder why some rappers seem so deadset on dwelling on their childhood hellhole when its done nothing for them. And besides, it's not even a ghetto! It's called a slum! There's a difference between the two. Ghettos are neighborhoods where a certain group of people are forced to live because the government is run by racist dicks. Slums are neighborhoods defined by the low income of its residents. If they lived in ghettos, they wouldn't be allowed to leave.

Besides, growing up around violence and living in poverty does nothing for you if you don't have any talent.

Edited by L-RiC

A lot of fuckwads glamorize the ghetto. When I was in school, there was status system based on your neighborhood. They more run-down, drug-filled, and gun-run your neighborhood, the cooler you were.

I've seen glamorization of shitty neighborhoods first-hand, so don't tell me it doesn't exist.

Now that you guys mention it, that's all mainstream radio plays nowadays: nothing but songs about love/sex, opulence, and teenage angst. Every genre has its own creative crutch and you won't get any airplay unless you abuse that crutch. That's why glam and nu metal died and with any luck, so will emo and this new brand of glam rap. And yes, wanting teenage angst to die sounds weird coming from a person whose favorite band is Linkin Park.

Indeed.

Anything by those shitty bands from some years ago, Nickelback, Creed, wuteva.

I hate most house music too, I know there's good stuff

Mainstream hip hop sucks, but some of it has cool production

Generic indie srsly annoys me too, The Kooks, The View etcs.

Oh and, I fucking HATE, that song with nelly furtado anf the other guy, fuck so annoying.

Hey, they're the three things people talk about all the time in real life anyway, right? Especially guys. What's wrong with rapping about it?

Also, a homie is someone you grew up with or that is close to you... Doesn't mean you have to be in the ghetto ;)

You telling me you never talk about your car or other peoples cars and you don't talk about money issues or finding a good girlfriend ever? I find that hard to believe. :P

Well i like cool cars but i like to SEE them not hear a guy with a computerized beat rap about it. NWA made it about the ghetto and stuff but then Lil Wayne started rapping about girls and money and cars. His first album was good. and now since then people have started there careers rapping about all their money and cars and all the girls. Like wtf you just started the only way theyd have that is if they robbed a bank before they made the song.