Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

It sucks ass online. Because you know I was once shooting an MP4 at a noob that was in level one. So I shoot about 8 bullets into his chest. And shoot at another and wtf!? He's still alive and I begin to shoot back at him. Now all of a sudden I'm dead. One shot and he kills me.

yeah its just lag ... happens in every game on every platform its pretty much inevitable unless you are playing on a LAN

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah cheers for the advice Bossman, I do tend to die much easier than in CoD:5. I might actually go into a private match and play by myself, get use to the level and stuff. And yes I added you. :)

Once you got the maps memorized and maybe the gun skill, you should try and rush more. You get more kills, but you also need good accuracy. That's what I do mostly in all my games, specially Search & Destroy, love that mode.

• 2 weeks later...
Bummer, my PS3 died on me a while ago. Going to send it in for repairs when I´m back in the middle east. What´s even worse it that Season 1 of the A-Team is still inside it! I also haven´t recently backed up all my save games!

You may not get that disc back mate, they told me over the phone that they can't guarentee return of any discs still inside, however on the bright side they don't normally format the HDD unless it is the HDD that has fucked up.

Bummer, my PS3 died on me a while ago. Going to send it in for repairs when I´m back in the middle east. What´s even worse it that Season 1 of the A-Team is still inside it! I also haven´t recently backed up all my save games!

I guess that's the only bad thing about slot loading drives :(

if you really wanted it, you could like .. take apart the ps3 and get it out.

in case you didnt know already, the PS3 hdd is a 2.5" similar to laptops. buy an enclosure for it, then you can back it all up to your computer and then put it back when you get the ps3 back, im sure that'd work.

I guess that's the only bad thing about slot loading drives :(

if you really wanted it, you could like .. take apart the ps3 and get it out.

in case you didnt know already, the PS3 hdd is a 2.5" similar to laptops. buy an enclosure for it, then you can back it all up to your computer and then put it back when you get the ps3 back, im sure that'd work.

That and a lack of power means no getting the disk out, either.

Well as long as it can be repaired and the HDD isn't touched then I'm happy. Besides, the asians will do anything for you so I reckon they'll get it the way I want it to be :)

Also some big news while I was on holiday! A PS3 Slim and a price cut on the original model! Guess I was wrong.

Sony_PS3.480.jpg

ps3fatslim_01.jpg

120GB hard drive, 32% smaller, 36% lighter, 34% more efficient, and costs $299. Has a launch date of September 1st. Damn good deal if you ask me.

Update 3.0 was also confirmed for the PS3, here are the details which I copied from a website:

The Information Board will be replaced with a "What's New" section, which will feature "interactive PlayStation news in a sleek new format." In the top right corner of the XMB you will soon find an indicator bar, which "displays your user icon, friend icon, the number of friends you have online and a small message icon to let you know if you have any new messages." This also comes with a scrolling ticker that lets you in on any recent updates from the Network. The Friends List will be "slightly redesigned," we can expect some handy-dandy PlayStation Store shortcuts, and there will be more customization options for your PS3 in the form of "dynamic custom themes and avatars." Lastly, there will be a significant alteration to the Trophies, and we'll just use the PlayStation Blog description to better assist you:

"Showcasing your hard earned trophies just got better. Update 3.00 gives game developers the ability to modify how they display trophies for add-on content. Base and add-on game trophies will continue to be combined into a single list so you can see where you stand in a game as a whole. Within that list, trophies will be broken out into subcategories—base trophies and add-on trophies—that way, you can easily view the percentage of your base game trophy collection, and separately track your trophy progress in add-on packs. Look for this enhancement to be included in upcoming games."

• 2 weeks later...

yer steam its free for everything not like xbox live.

as soon as i mention that to anyone people immediately get defensive "but xbox live is better" "how" "it just is" lol.

yeah its free for everything. obviously pay for games, and some videos n stuff

as soon as i say its free xbox people will be like "but xbl is better" "why" "it just is"

Plus, with the firmware 3 update, there's a link on the XMB to go to the BBC iPlayer website. I think the PSN games are better than the Live games. Remember there was a stupid strip game on Live, with a women who created it. Not only was she ugly, but the game was a mess, pathetically made. You'll find games like that on Live. On PSN, the development kits haven't been made available to the public yet. I think also Youtube has a new site specifically made for the PS3, for easy layout and accessibility. Youtube XL, or something. It works really well, too.

They've stopped making old PS3s(Fat PS3'S)

soon theyll be only PS3 slims left.

if i had a ps3 id be so happy lol

but halo reach, halo 3 odst, and ballad of gay tony is why ive got a xbox

my bro will never buy a ps cos he hates ps lol

Edited by Bulletproofboy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to delete CUBOOOR from my list, because I know he's a fake. But I do have GNDOOORs 2nd account, so it's not that bad. And I think I'll argue with zz1rGr1zz, because again, he's a fake. This is what the guy's capable of, and he isn't that guy. Not by a long shot. For a start, the real PSN name is IZAMTIAN, not zzirGrizz, and secondly, he's on the 360 anyway. THAT'S where his name is zzirGrizz. So, bit annoyed at that, but nothing an argument won't fix.

• 4 weeks later...

I know, it really does look amazing. For the first time, I've managed to stop myself watching gameplay videos of it, I want it to blow me away come release day. I'd recommend the special edition of the game, but it seems the price on the link I bookamrked has gone up to £44.99 now, instead of £39.99, which is annoying. I see it's £36.95 on this site - http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Sony-PS3--Playstation-3--Pre-Orders/Sony/Uncharted-2%3A-Among-Thieves-(Sony-PS3)?affid=76550 but they're not exactly in the same league as Amazon. They're selling it for £37.96 but you know you're guaranteed it on the release date - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0029U2WGE/letzshopcom-21 I might pre-order from Amazon now, seeing as the price has risen slightly on GAME. I don't really care about a special edition, but it would be nice to have, for the right price, preferably under £40.

That is a lot, actually. I checked a converter, and it's about £65 you're paying for the game, which is eye-wateringly expensive. As for the BETA, I've stayed away from it so far and will continue to do so. At first when the demo was released, I thought it was cool and I wanted to DL it, but I'd prefer just to get the final game really.

Bateman your PS3 still might be broken, tell me EXACTLY what happened.

Well, the PS3 had a blue error screen which came up, in a different language, whilst I was on the PS3 internet browser. Might have been english there as well, and then all my user accounts messed up. They each had a star next to each one, and still do. I looked for my game saves, games, etc, but nothing was there, and I couldn't sign in online either. But, I made a new user, and tried to sign in with my same bossman222 account, and it worked. Then, I found all my data again, including game saves, purchased games, etc. You think it was a fault, or something more serious? Because it's seemingly back to normal now. I turned it off and on again, and it was fine.

I hope when I turn it on later, it works fine. I have no reason to suspect it won't work *touches wood* The only issue I have, is that I forgot my email addresses and passwords for my other accounts, but thankfully not for my main account, because I wrote that down when I first registered it. Why, did it happen to you as well, or not?

Nevermind. When I thought mine was going to break it got the yellow light and turned itself off but after a while I could turn it back on and play it. I was just wondering because once it let me turn it back on I thought it would keep on working but then the same problem happened again and continued to happen another 4 times until it wouldn't let me switch it on anymore.

I haven't received a yellow light yet, and I hope I don't. I was very happy when I realised nothing was wrong with it, as you'd expect. The last time I backed ANYTHING up on the PS3 was way back in June 2008, when I went to get MGS4, so I should probably back it up soon. I already have the saves I want to keep on a memory stick, so they're fine. I don't really care about install data, I can just leave that to do itself, but I do care about the PSN Accounts. That's why I'm now making a record of every new account I make, writing down the e-mail address and password, so that if this happens again, I should hopefully save everything.

I wish you luck in fixing yours.

Edited by Bateman.