Official Playstation Discussion

Harwood Butcher

YO! My PS3 account has been hacked today. :angry:

I used a base account (my parents' PS3 account) and went to the subaccount controls and I found out the hacker's email:

[email protected]

this is her info:

http://www.warezscene.org/marketplace/8101...-card-code.html

http://www.warezscene.org/member.php?u=112066

I contacted Sony about this hacking. If there's anything you guys can do to help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your kidding! How would they hack it? You haven't been game sharing have you? Sorry about that man, hope you can get everything sorted.

Nope, I have done no game sharing.

I just contacted SCEA on the phone. I had to give them my phone #, address, email, PSN ID, and the story. They'll call back between Monday and Wednesday because they have a special team that can help me situations like this. + They gave me a reference number.

I dunno how that person hacked it, though. I haven't been active on my PS3 in weeks because I've been too busy playing SSX On Tour and God Of War 2 on my PS2. I usually come by the PS3 every Thursday when the PSN store is updated.

I was just going to buy Tekken 5 DR Online! GODDAMMIT! :pissedred:

I don't know what I'd do if my PS3 broke, I'd probably cry. I'm surprised at how well it's lasting considering how a lot of the first 60GB models like mine had a lot of problems. It occasionally freezes but a quick restart fixes that. I love my PS3.

Going to stock up on all the new games I've been missing this summer. Ones I want to get are Killzone 2, inFamous and a few other exclusives which I can't remember.

Oh yeah and anybody who still hasn't added me on PSN, send me a friend request! Mpilk901

Edited by Mpilk901

I don't know what I'd do if my PS3 broke, I'd probably cry. I'm surprised at how well it's lasting considering how a lot of the first 60GB models like mine had a lot of problems. It occasionally freezes but a quick restart fixes that. I love my PS3.

Going to stock up on all the new games I've been missing this summer. Ones I want to get are Killzone 2, inFamous and a few other exclusives which I can't remember.

Oh yeah and anybody who still hasn't added me on PSN, send me a friend request! Mpilk901

Have I added you? Can't remember :P

Anyway, I also have the 60 gb model, I was actually one of the first persons to get the PS3 here in Portugal.

Never had any probs with it fortunately, only some probs with Fifa 09 but that's the game's fault.

Edited by Ivan

Well I finished MGS4 for the second time and it is awesome. It's bad that the Xbox fans won't be playing as Snake anymore. The legendary hero is still a hero.

And I'm almost at end of my 1st Prestige in CoD:WaW. Enjoying it but now for some reason I'm starting to use Semi-Automatic rifles like STG and Gewhr 43 rather than Machine/Submachine Guns. Anyways I'm having fun with it right now, and since it's double xp time, it's easy getting 100XP in S&D.

Yeah it's a pain in the ass lol

I'll add you once i get mine back =] I will add you all!

Congrats GTAsoldier. If she has a PS3 account, maybe she'll get banned, hopefully. I should really change my password every day, to make it very difficult to hack, and from now on I will. BTW, a PSN friend needs to pay £149 to get his PS3 disc tray fixed, and the reason was that he kept leaving a disc in his PS3 when it was switched off. So, pro-tip - don't keep a disc in the PS3 when it's turned off. I'm not sure what it does, but I guess over a long period of time, it has an effect.

BTW, Mpilk, I'm changing my password back for now. When you want the content, just send me a message via PSN.

Edited by Bateman.

I doubt it, but you know, prepare for the worst, hope for the best. I have a disc in there quite a lot of the time, although I'm always changing them, so they're never static in there. And another tip. A while ago, on Watchdog, there was a kid who had some of his discs scratched in his 360 - I'm not saying anything. Microsoft said it was his fault, or he must have moved the console somehow. He didn't, but it was because of the vibrations given off by the machine, somehow, it scratched the disc to shit. I mean, DEEP, DEEP scratches. It looked like a crop circle. So, never move the console when it's on if a disc's in there, because it could potentially scratch the disc up. This applies to the PS3 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

PS3 Firmware 3.0: "A Huge Overhaul"

According to VG247, firmware update 3.0 will usher in "a completely new system" for the PS3. This evidently "huge overhaul" will feature the oft-rumored reputation system, which is described as a system that lets users "evaluate each other" in "game applications." There will also be a new API available so users can obtain other users' reputation, and a "grief reporting system" will be implemented as well. This will let you take screenshots of the offending player in question and submit it to Sony. You will also be able to download patches in the background, and simultaneous HDMI and digital optical outputting will be included.

All we know about update 3.0's launch estimate is that it's slated for a "pre-Christmas" release.

oooh sounds good.

i ordered PS3 from GAME, as well as Prototype, on Friday, seperate orders though cos I looked up reviews for prototype first. Now, today it gets here (tuesday morning) and ONLY the game arrived. Now i have 2 ps3 games (proto nd GTA4) and no PS3 yet, man life does not get any more annoying.

why would you want/need to output sound via optical AND HDMI ?

Edited by WRX22B1998

oooh sounds good.

i ordered PS3 from GAME, as well as Prototype, on Friday, seperate orders though cos I looked up reviews for prototype first. Now, today it gets here (tuesday morning) and ONLY the game arrived. Now i have 2 ps3 games (proto nd GTA4) and no PS3 yet, man life does not get any more annoying.

why would you want/need to output sound via optical AND HDMI ?

LOL why not just get inFamous? I heard that it's way better.

It's too late to mention that now hahahah, besides I heard infamous was sh!t (yep), and i played prototype at a friends house. and it was on special :P also i got the ps3 for 600 with no games, with some games it wouldve been more (yeah good value but i didnt really want any of the games they had offered)

nothing more fun than throwing air conditioning units at helicopters.

Edited by WRX22B1998

It's too late to mention that now hahahah, besides I heard infamous was sh!t (yep), and i played prototype at a friends house. and it was on special :P also i got the ps3 for 600 with no games, with some games it wouldve been more (yeah good value but i didnt really want any of the games they had offered)

nothing more fun than throwing air conditioning units at helicopters.

Ah well, you can always give the demo a shot when you get your PS3.