The Universe

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The edge of the universe is simply where matter ceases to be, the universe is full of matter, outside the universe there is no matter. So as the universe expands out, so does this matter so if you leave the universe, you're essentially in nothingness, beyond a vacuum. What's outside the universe (other than nothingness) no one knows since we can't actually see something outside our universe, if ten million stars appeared outside the universe spelling out "Jack Thompson is a twat," you wouldn't see it for 15 billion years (ish) by which time humans will be long dead.

The edge of the universe is simply where matter ceases to be, the universe is full of matter, outside the universe there is no matter. So as the universe expands out, so does this matter so if you leave the universe, you're essentially in nothingness, beyond a vacuum. What's outside the universe (other than nothingness) no one knows since we can't actually see something outside our universe, if ten million stars appeared outside the universe spelling out "Jack Thompson is a twat," you wouldn't see it for 15 billion years (ish) by which time humans will be long dead.

"Nothingness" as you put it...is what? Empty space, correct? Well space is mainly, as you so blatantly put it, nothingness. The universe is made up of empty space and matter, but the question is, what is at the ends of the universe? Most likely more empty space, but where does it end? I just can't get through my head how the universe could be continuous in all directions with no ends...boggles my mind…It’s basically like San Andreas, if you keep flying further and further out over the ocean…you just keep going and going…like the energizer bunny.

Well, what i ment by huge is that, our world is big, so our universe must be bigger than that.

oh and at the end of the universe is a doorway to anthoer dimension, or something like that, at least thats what Futurama says, lol

Outside our universe are is a multiverse. Multiverse is just a place with lots of universes.

Black holes aren't magic doors that opens up a new dimension. It's just a dead sun.

Very sorry for the double post, but I got sent a video that might spark a good conversation in this topic.

William Cooper - Full Speech! - Ufo - Alien - JFK PART 1/10

Like the title says "1/10", so there are 9 other parts to it. Watch all of them. I think you'll find them pretty interesting.

I'm not going to give my full opinion until I see that someone shows an intrest in the videos. I do believe this stuff could be possible, but there are some things I sort of question.

Please leave a comment after you watch all of them.

"Nothingness" as you put it...is what? Empty space, correct? Well space is mainly, as you so blatantly put it, nothingness. The universe is made up of empty space and matter, but the question is, what is at the ends of the universe? Most likely more empty space, but where does it end? I just can't get through my head how the universe could be continuous in all directions with no ends...boggles my mind…It’s basically like San Andreas, if you keep flying further and further out over the ocean…you just keep going and going…like the energizer bunny.

Space is not nothingness, it contains matter therefore it contains something. The fundamental difference between ordinary space inside the universe and outside is on average about 3 particles. It's a fundamental difference, space isn't empty, it's what's outside the universe (and thus outside space) which is empty. The end of the universe is merely the edge of matter, as light travels (and other matter) outwards, its very prescence is expanding the universe. You may want to imagine the universe as a gas spreading out in vacuum, the end of the gas is spreading out, and outside the gas is nothing, therefore as the gas spreads out, what can be construed as the gas is essentially expanding. Hope this clears things up

I think we can't know what's beyond space cause we have never heard of that(nobody on Earth),it's something completley new.But like one man said:

If man stops being courious,he won't be a man anymore.

Also there is many little ( i don't know how to say it on english ) organisms in smoke from cigarette.Well maybe universe is just the smoke from someone's cigarette.It's expanding and it will eventually disapear like

real smoke....

Well put Chrisman. DareDevilX that first sentence made no sense, if you're saying that we can't know what's outside space because we haven't seen it then how did we develop the nuclear bomb - I'm pretty sure no one can see an individual atom. The point is it's all based on science, extrapolating information on what you know.

Hopefully this won't appear as a double post. CroScorpion, the Ozone hole is caused by CFCs not Cigarettes and not smoke, simply chlorine gasses in the atmosphere. However Cigarette smoke does explain why my coat stinks after being down the pub.