San Andreas Multiplayer Help Thread

Jared

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spider-Vice, I think I know the answer to your problem. In your SA folder, right-click the gta_sa.exe and go to properties. Click on the compatibility tab, and run the program in compatibility mode for Windows 98 / Windows Me. Sawwy, Mike.

I'm using XP, I didn't know that was needed. :lolbounce:

I think I used San Andreas on Vista just fine.

Dont play games much anymore...

• 2 weeks later...

You can download SA:MP (San Andreas: Multiplayer) or MTA(Multi theft auto:SA) from the sites download section. These are pretty much everything there is to San Andreas multiplayer. Just download the setup, Install it and your ready to play.

If your using MTA then open the MTA icon, and after it loads click on find servers option and Connect.

If your using SA:MP, Open SA:MP. A console should load up. Click on either internet or official servers(Preferable) and select anyone of them and connect.

Links

-----

Sa:mp MTA

I think mine is a little bit tougher.

I've installed San Andreas it's v 1.01, (My friend got the same one and it works at his place)

So I went downloading SA:MP (had the problem everyone has) and then downloaded the fix/patch.

And now when I click on a server and press connect the screen turns white, black, white again and black and then the intro with the graffiti R* comes and u see GTA:SA Multiplayer and then I come at the main menu and when I press New Game you see the screen you normally see when connecting and at Load Game the game just freezes. :o

P.S. a year or something ago I had SA:MP and it worked fine but now it won't work :huh:

and when I do MTA:SA it says only version 1.0 is available for this.

Someone please help?!!

OMG I HAVE THE EXACT SAME THING! like ive got version 1.01 and ive downloaded the sapatch then, i click on the server i want to play and it turns white,black,white and then the intro with the R* spray logo and then white,black again and it goes to gta sa main menu :pissedred: really mad ive played this last year it worked fine but now its just retarted. I REALLY WANT TO PLAY SO PLEASE REPLY A.S.A.P :bashhead:

oh and i only want to play SA-MP no MTA.

Yeah, you can with WINE I think, but not sure about SAMP..

Anyway..Hitting the F8 button does not save my screenshot..Even though the chatbox says so. Any ideas what's up?

I dont think Wine would work for a game like San Andreas. And if it would it would probably be slow.

Veoh TV doesnt work.

• 3 weeks later...
I know someone from the MTA team has San Andreas/MTA working right with Linux, not sure about SA-MP. Cedega would probably be your best choice though.

Cool you have Ubuntu in your sig. I switched to it from Vista permanently a while ago (see the thread "what does your pc have?"). I have KDE but wanna do this before I use it:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3094870.0

(see the image http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?att...p;d=1211600025)

I know someone from the MTA team has San Andreas/MTA working right with Linux, not sure about SA-MP. Cedega would probably be your best choice though.

Cool you have Ubuntu in your sig. I switched to it from Vista permanently a while ago (see the thread "what does your pc have?"). I have KDE but wanna do this before I use it:

This is really off topic, but if you want to switch between Gnome and KDE from Gnome all you do is

sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

I'm guessing in KDE it's

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

There should be a choice now. Is that what you want to do?

And I don't know who it was Mike that was really random.

This is really off topic, but if you want to switch between Gnome and KDE from Gnome all you do is

sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

I'm guessing in KDE it's

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

There should be a choice now. Is that what you want to do?

And I don't know who it was Mike that was really random.

I had Ubuntu then installed kubuntu-desktop.

What I want to do is have the KDE toolbar but the desktop from Gnome. Like when I double click a folder it will open in Nautilus instead of Konqueror and the thing is I started in Ubuntu and positioned my icons, when I goto Kubuntu the icons arent positioned, and instead of repositioning them, I want it to just have my old desktop where they are positioned. THis is kinda hard to explain...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i've downloaded GTA SAMP but when I connect to a server it get's stuck... I had R3 so I thought of downgrading and I took R2 and it didn't help

but the server "The- GTA" works for me but most of the other servers don't ...

I uninstalled most of the unworking mods

Please help and thanks in advance

do a fresh install of sa, no mods at all. when i tried multiplayer with mods it was weird, half the map wasnt loaded and i couldnt see anything and was running into invisible walls :)

try other servers, maybe its the specific server, something is wrong on the server side perhaps.

It still does that >< when it says connected to server loading etc etc it gets stuck completly reinstalled and tryed other servers