Sign in to follow this  
Chris

GTA IV Trailer Released!

Yep it's definitely set in LC, you can see advertisements for the Liberty Tree and theres the boat with Liberty City stamped on the back. Theres also this Screen i took of a Police Car with LC written on it.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5159/111jh1.png

Im liking the shadows and the cars, especialy the people carrier Taxi. ^_^

I guess it will definetly be called Liberty City then.

But I still think that Moscow could be another possibility for another city in the game.

For me, the key theme in this trailer was R* showing off the dynamic lighting and shadows, as well as establishing location and characters.

Edited by ava6

Well the trailer was a day ago and im still watching it,im just so exited when it launches.Ill be on this forums everyday when it comes out.Cant wait for the Easter Eggs.

Edited by HCK George

i think it's one of the coolest trailers that rockstar ever made

and that quote saying he killed, smuggled and sold people and perhaps things will be different

maybe it meant that our bussiness is more legit than other gta, you know that word came from someone who look like he is going to quit or something

or maybe it could mean something else? :whistle:

we'll just have to wait for some answers!

but hopefully after this, rockstar will give us more and more information including screenshots! :lol:

This confirms that its its liberty city?

ddd-1.jpg

Well I think the fact Liberty City is New York virtually, we already know it's gonna be LC in GTAIV. Plus, theres many other things in the trailer that point to that outcome.

I know its early in the day having only first had the first taste of gta4 yesterday, but i have to wonder about online gaming. Hopefully R* have finally added online multiplayer action to IV.

Points that may show we can visit previous GTA city too. Maybe, MAYBE...

What are you on about? :/

Everyone knows it´s in Liberty City now. Police cars with LCPD on it, Liberty City Ferry, Liberteen, Liberty Tree advertisements (And read the Gamesradar articles). I really like it that they are going to make it a modern day New York :D

Just before it goes to the building "getalife" you see a electronic board. On that there is written "Dutch" and then the next scene comes. Wonder what it was..

Just before it goes to the building "getalife" you see a electronic board. On that there is written "Dutch" and then the next scene comes. Wonder what it was..

I thought you were form Holland, can't you translate it?

The scene cuts too early to read the entire line, but what we can read is:

Energy prices up following long decline

Dutch markets

And then it cuts to a different scene. It's nothing important, if anything it's just going to be a little joke.

You.ve got to play it at 0.2 speed to be able to read it.

Edit: well you never know. I bet somewhere in the trailer there is hidden information.

Edited by Jace

Hang on, nobody has mentioned anything about what will be in it!

Firstly the city is much larger than liberty city was in GTA3. (More resemblance of New York -Times square, empire state building, Statue of "liberty" etc...) I bet the statue is called "The statue of Liberty City" or something though. -Im basing this on the fact that the layout of the city is completely different.

Secondly, there could very well be a fully operational Rollercoaster, "Screamer", featured in the game. Should be good if it was ridable.

Peds interactions have dramatically improved, with smerks and even waving at people while driving. Paths have also been improved (birds too).

Water physics has been improved drastically, and a (working) ferry port is featured. Shadows and Lighting has also been improved.

More realistic cars instead of the usual fantasy cars. Also features telecabinas (dont know what it is in english).