PS3 V XBOX 360 V Wii

Red_91

so? its not like they wanted them to die, they just wanted to win... compare that to nintendo vs sega. why arent you arch enemies with nintendo then? they literally backstabbed sony and then murdered, not tried to beat, murdered sega when sega had just created the sega CD. i just dont get your logic.

EDIT: fatal spelling error

Um, prove Nintendo did the backstabbing. And they didn't murder Sega. Sega was still rather popular until the Saturn, which, oddly enough, was out at the same time as the Playstation. Which ISN'T a Nintendo console BTW. What REALLY killed Sega was the fail of the Dreamcast. That was because of the PS2. And they don't want to "win".... They just want everyone else to lose. Oh wait, THAT'S THE SAME THING. They shouldn't want to win. They should do what they do and leave it at that. People will love it, people will hate it, and people will even not know they exist. Big deal. Make your console, and like it. Let us know you think it's good and tell us why. We'll decide if we agree or not. Don't shove it down our throats that it's the best thing ever.

Ok so the backstabbing. Start at the beginning. Sony used to only do work in Japan, selling radios and little electronic devices. Sony got a new CEO and he decided that they should team up with some bigger companies to do some bigger business. They started work with TVs and eventually moved into the gaming business, but not on there own. They came up with a design and idea for the "Play Station" (lame name when you think about it) and sent it to nintendo. Nintendo agreed to work on the project with them and said that it would be a step up from the super nintendo, but would mock the Sega CD, which was sega game console with a disc drive instead of a cartridge. They worked on it for about a year when Nintendo abruplty stopped the "nintendo playstation" and released the N64. Which left Sony behind in their tracks, without much money because of all the work they did on the game console. LUCKILY the CEO decided to work even harder on the playstation to make it better than the N64 and the sega CD. So he did.

And the reason for the fail of sega was the saturn not having anyone make games for it. That was the reason it failed, its not like it just HAPPENED. Like i said, nintendo made a bunch of contracts with game developers and publishers NOT to create games for sega (why i made the comparison of Microsoft to nintendo, paying a developer off so that the other console has a bad disadvantage.) And due to not having games on the previous or new console when Sega made the dreamcast, they had bad marketing, bad advertizing, and not very many american games. Dreamcast was better than ps2, just nobody bought the dreamcast because it had no games. Only a few japanese developers made games for it.

wanting to win is not wanting everyone else to DIE is it? Im not talking about in a win-or-nothing type of race. there is one top selling, one second selling, and one third selling. not one top selling and two ruined consoles and companies. Nintendo tried to do that. Tried to beat sega by a landslide and killing there business in the process, which is not what was needed to do. Its like stabbing the runner next to you trying to win the race, theres no pride in that.

BOLD: stop making senseless lectures please? i only posted that because your logic wasnt really on the right track with priorities. Get mad at one console for straight up winning, and not even caring about the other console for personally destroying the opponent. What im trying to ask is that you tell me what i have in bold has to do with me.

EDIT:its hard to write big responses without spelling errors sometimes.

Edited by tilly

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Nintendo thought Sony would get a bigger share of the profits from the Nintendo Playstation so they dropped them on their ass and teamed up with Philips and release the CDi. You know, that obscure system with those godawful Zelda games? Zelda's version of Snake's Revenge, pretty much.

As for Godfather, it's also on the 360. So that makes only two reletively good exclusives for the PS3. Try again.

so? its not like they wanted them to die, they just wanted to win... compare that to nintendo vs sega. why arent you arch enemies with nintendo then? they literally backstabbed sony and then murdered, not tried to beat, murdered sega when sega had just created the sega CD. i just dont get your logic.

Um, prove Nintendo did the backstabbing. And they didn't murder Sega. Sega was still rather popular until the Saturn, which, oddly enough, was out at the same time as the Playstation. Which ISN'T a Nintendo console BTW. What REALLY killed Sega was the fail of the Dreamcast. That was because of the PS2. And they don't want to "win".... They just want everyone else to lose. Oh wait, THAT'S THE SAME THING. They shouldn't want to win. They should do what they do and leave it at that. People will love it, people will hate it, and people will even not know they exist. Big deal. Make your console, and like it. Let us know you think it's good and tell us why. We'll decide if we agree or not. Don't shove it down our throats that it's the best thing ever.

Ok so the backstabbing. Start at the beginning. Sony used to only do work in Japan, selling radios and little electronic devices. Sony got a new CEO and he decided that they should team up with some bigger companies to do some bigger business. They started work with TVs and eventually moved into the gaming business, but not on there own. They came up with a design and idea for the "Play Station" (lame name when you think about it) and sent it to nintendo. Nintendo agreed to work on the project with them and said that it would be a step up from the super nintendo, but would mock the Sega CD, which was sega game console with a disc drive instead of a cartridge. They worked on it for about a year when Nintendo abruplty stopped the "nintendo playstation" and released the N64. Which left Sony behind in their tracks, without much money because of all the work they did on the game console. LUCKILY the CEO decided to work even harder on the playstation to make it better than the N64 and the sega CD. So he did.

And the reason for the fail of sega was the saturn not having anyone make games for it. That was the reason it failed, its not like it just HAPPENED. Like i said, nintendo made a bunch of contracts with game developers and publishers NOT to create games for sega (why i made the comparison of Microsoft to nintendo, paying a developer off so that the other console has a bad disadvantage.) And due to not having games on the previous or new console when Sega made the dreamcast, they had bad marketing, bad advertizing, and not very many american games. Dreamcast was better than ps2, just nobody bought the dreamcast because it had no games. Only a few japanese developers made games for it.

wanting to win is not wanting everyone else to DIE is it? Im not talking about in a win-or-nothing type of race. there is one top selling, one second selling, and one third selling. not one top selling and two ruined consoles and companies. Nintendo tried to do that. Tried to beat sega by a landslide and killing there business in the process, which is not what was needed to do. Its like stabbing the runner next to you trying to win the race, theres no pride in that.

BOLD: stop making senseless lectures please? i only posted that because your logic wasnt really on the right track with priorities. Get mad at one console for straight up winning, and not even caring about the other console for personally destroying the opponent. What im trying to ask is that you tell me what i have in bold has to do with me.

Hey genius, the Nintendo Play Station project was years before the release of the 64. On top of that, the Sony Playstation was released BEFORE the 64. By a year in America. And to top that off, the N64 is the BETTER of the two consoles. So where you're getting "better than the N64" from is beyond me, entirely. The only thing the Playstation has above it is the CD-based media which allows for higher-res textures.

The Dreamcast was utterly crushed by a strategically released PS2. Which, BTW, had a terrible start. The Dreamcast actually didn't have all that bad of a start. The high-demand for the PS2 could've had something to do with the LIES that Sony feeds us on a daily basis. Y'know, same thing that happened with the PS3. Both the PS2 and PS3 are no where near what they were hyped up to be. Don't get me wrong, I love all the games I had for my PS2, and my original Playstation((Playstation WAS the shit, but I preferred the N64)).

Sony IS trying to pretty much defeat everyone else. With their BS lies and slick marketing. Again, I have nothing against the PS2 in general. I loved mine. It had some really great games on it. It's Sony I have the beef with. As one of our no-longer-here veterans said to me on Thursday, "It's like the Playstation[line] was born to bastard parents it didn't want."

I'm not going to have something against any company for making a good console. But when they have to pretty much cheat to win, that's low. Yes, lying is cheating, my friend.

You're saying Gears of War doesn't stand out? Or Crackdown, which came with the Halo 3 beta? (And was a good game by itself, albeit DMC3 difficult.) Dead Rising, Dead or Alive 4, PGR 3, and Forza 2 do not stand out?

X-Play Review Scores:

Saints Row: 3/5 (Which I totally don't agree with)

Gears of War: 5/5

Crackdown: 5/5

Dead Rising: 4/5

Dead or Alive 4: 4/5

PGR 3: 4/5

These do not stand out to you?

Well, it's a shame most to all movie games suck ass. BTW, Crackdown is also a free-roaming game and is actually developed by one of the creators of the original GTA. Dead Rising is about a photojournalist trapped in a zombie-infested mall for 72 hours. Dead or Alive is a kickass fighting game with emphasis on speed and online multiplayer. And PGR 3 is drift central. The only game resembling a war game is Gears of War, but at least it's not set in WWII and has chainsaw bayonets.

Never heard of Crackdown like, but most open world games come on PS3 too, so I dont see what the 360 has to offer more, since the online play on PS3 is free as well

Crackdown is frolicking amazing, don't doubt that, i nearly drooled, i played it at a mates house the other day... Full Wall Projector and 7 point surround sound.... I nearly cried at how good it was... then we played some PGR online and i failed. GTA has destroyed my ability to drive sensibly....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OT:And WnN2, when you say DMC3 hard, You mean devil mat cry, right...And it wasn't that hard until you get up to either DMD or Heaven and Hell, which gets frolicking crazy in boss fights....

Back on topic: Sales of the 360 will increase more than the sales of the ps3 will upto and on the release of GTA4, IMO, Since not many people can afford to shell out near to half a grand for a console and one game... 360 just makes more sense.... Didn't realise how good the graphics actually were on that thing, as well as crackdown and PGR, i played GOW at GAME the other day, on one of those fancy samsung TV's... Holy free Holy, not that much worse, if not as good as, the PS3's....

Ok so the backstabbing. Start at the beginning. Sony used to only do work in Japan, selling radios and little electronic devices. Sony got a new CEO and he decided that they should team up with some bigger companies to do some bigger business. They started work with TVs and eventually moved into the gaming business, but not on there Iown. They came up with a design and idea for the "Play Station" (lame name when you think about it) and sent it to nintendo. Nintendo agreed to work on the project with them and said that it would be a step up from the super nintendo, but would mock the Sega CD, which was sega game console with a disc drive instead of a cartridge. They worked on it for about a year when Nintendo abruplty stopped the "nintendo playstation" and released the N64. Which left Sony behind in their tracks, without much money because of all the work they did on the game console. LUCKILY the CEO decided to work even harder on the playstation to make it better than the N64 and the sega CD. So he did.

Hey genius, the Nintendo Play Station project was years before the release of the 64. On top of that, the Sony Playstation was released BEFORE the 64. By a year in America. And to top that off, the N64 is the BETTER of the two consoles. So where you're getting "better than the N64" from is beyond me, entirely. The only thing the Playstation has above it is the CD-based media which allows for higher-res textures.

The Dreamcast was utterly crushed by a strategically released PS2. Which, BTW, had a terrible start. The Dreamcast actually didn't have all that bad of a start. The high-demand for the PS2 could've had something to do with the LIES that Sony feeds us on a daily basis. Y'know, same thing that happened with the PS3. Both the PS2 and PS3 are no where near what they were hyped up to be. Don't get me wrong, I love all the games I had for my PS2, and my original Playstation((Playstation WAS the shit, but I preferred the N64)).

Sony IS trying to pretty much defeat everyone else. With their BS lies and slick marketing. Again, I have nothing against the PS2 in general. I loved mine. It had some really great games on it. It's Sony I have the beef with. As one of our no-longer-here veterans said to me on Thursday, "It's like the Playstation[line] was born to bastard parents it didn't want."

I'm not going to have something against any company for making a good console. But when they have to pretty much cheat to win, that's low. Yes, lying is cheating, my friend.

I always thought playstation was better than N64. i guess its just an opinion. The nintendo playstation WAS years before N64 came out. thats the point... they unveiled there project to sony and left them behind. thats just messed up. And what are these "lies on a daily basis" your talking about. Thats like patronizing a game for only showing cutscenes. Whats bad about not having very many games at the moment? does that make ps3 not fun?

I have also made up my mind that Wii is pretty crappy. Its a bunch of DS ports, Gamecube emulators with a less fun controller, childish games, and short repetitive minigames. The RE4 is exactly the same as the ps2 version with gamecube graphics. Ive got many games for it and i have only played it about 10 minutes in the last 3 weeks. I played all of the sports until i found out that it was exactly the same thing a bunch of times with annoying repetitive unrealistic things that happen. The games are way too expensive and the vitrual console is realy expensive too. The old nintendo and sega games are 5-10 dollars where you could get it for free on the computer. Most of the people i know just have a Wii that sits, unless they are under 12 years old. The reason why alot of people are buying it is because they play there friends new wii for like 15 minutes and want to play more. When they get it they have other friends play it and the chain goes on and on. They soon realize that its not fun and let it sit. Also most of the games are just movement triggered things like in MK (ex "swing left is dragonstrike to double jumpkick" etc, its just a ps/xbox game with buttons programmed as movements.) and you know the first online game will be POKEMON! its not even fun. just trades upgrades and battles that arent very fun or rewarding. But on top of that, it still has horrible graphics, has lower power than a ps2 (170 percent power of a GC) and the only game that is fun for more than 3 days is farcry which is not even CLOSE to the 4 times prequel on computer.

EDIT: just guess

Edited by tilly

The PS3 games are nothing but crappy sequels to PS2 games. What exactly is your point? Less fun controller? I am recently having troubles keeping my attention on games because of how boring controllers are now. I spend HOURS on Zelda frying my brain with how hard it is and how much more excited I get with the arm motions and such. EXPENSIVE? Oh, because they are so much more expensive than PS3's 60-70 dollar games, right? Yeah. Definitely. The difference between downloading the games for free on the PC((and playing them with a keyboard, as opposed to a controller which is easier)) and paying a few bucks for them on the Wii is that downloading them for free online is ILLEGAL. Keruri and I love playing Wii, and we're both older than you. In fact, my nieces and nephew can't exactly grasp the concept entirely. They are having troubles using the controller. So there goes your "WII IZ 4 KIDZ LOLOLOLOLOL!" argument.

I bought it because I've been interested in the console since they announced they had a new one coming out. Actually playing it just made me want it more. The ONLY person I know letting it sit is a little rich prat who needs to have it taken away from him and given to someone more deserving.

And 170% of GC power = more powerful than PS2, genius. If that's even a true statement and not just pulled out of your ass. The graphics aren't shitty, and you defending your statement of the console sucking with something like "t3h grafix r sux!!!!" pretty much nulls your argument because you're no longer a true gamer. You only wish to have nice looking games, instead of fun to play games.

BTW, dumbass, GTA has pretty crappy graphics. Hypocrite much?

Expensive as when i talk about the ports and emus and the remakes of old games. Less fun controller being that on most games its the equivalent to a nes controller. And i never said less exciting, moving your arms and hands to do moves, but all it is is a gamecube game with motion commands instead. making it a bit harder. and playing on a keyboard with KEYS instead of a dpad actually is easier for pressing and for the fingers not having to mash them in different directions with a thumb, but using 3/4 fingers and just touching them. also most games had more buttons than two, so playing them on PC and mapping out the controls to an easy area is actually EASIER.

I never said Wii is for kids. I said the games are KID GAMES. they have KID CONCEPTS (most of them) and they are simple besides the motions. Maybe kids with bad dexterity cant play the wii because of its confusing movement controls for most games (wii sports and those games excluded.) The graphics for most games is about equal to ps2. And JESUS stop making ultra extreme versions of what i said, "WII IZ FOR KIDZ! LOL" what the gently caress is that? Im not a retard going around talking like that and I didnt even say that. Neither did i say "t3h graphics are sux." I said it has horrible graphics. thats just an addon to what i was saying. graphics isnt all of what makes it good, but after the gameplaying gets really boring, then graphics is needed.

So you'll play a game just to look at pretty graphics? I'm sorry, but when a game is boring, a game is boring. Graphics don't really fix that.

And wait..... NES? Two buttons and a d-pad........ As opposed toooo....

EIGHT buttons, a d-pad, an analog stick all ON TOP of the motion sensing. Yeah, you're real intelligent.....

• 2 weeks later...
No. If only it was GOOD. I mean, come on. Saints Row pretty much copied everything from GTA, but it still managed to be fun! The PS3 copied everything from the Wii and 360 and turned out to be a shiny hunk of shit. Not to mention the PS3 losing the exclusivity of Assassin's Creed, GTA 4, Devil May Cry 4, among other games!

told ya!lol

Summary of PS3 announcements (E3 07 goes to SONY)

Speakers

Jack Tretton

Kaz Harai

Phil Harrison

Opening

80gb 599.99 available in August

60gb 499.99 effective Monday (sales have double in top 5 retailers since price drop)

50 games announced PS3/PSP/PSN

playable arcade games Cry wish we were there.

PS2

118million PS2s (plan to ship 10mil)

GOWII = 2 mil copies sold thus far (4months)

Buzz, Singstar both million sellers

Madden/GH/NFS/TH

PSP

90% sales increase since April price drop

35% UMD movie growth since 06

plan to ship 9mil PSP by end of Q4

SOCOM: TACTICAL STRIKE FTW!!!!!!!!!!! Kiss

wipeout pulse

syphon filter: Logans Shadow

NBA 08 (featurings some kind of arcade game also)

GOD OF WAR: CHAINS OF OLYMPUS

silent hill: Orgins

patapon Undecided

TW 08

Sonic Rivals 2

Sims 2: Castaway

Swat: Target liberty (look alot like a movie)

FF Tactics: War of the lions

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicals

NEW PSP model (33% lighter, 19% slimmer, new battery, faster loading of games, hooks up to ur Bravia flat screen(SWEET)Finally the PSP can be viewed on the TV(UMDS arent dead yet)(YOU CAN PLAY GAMES ON UR PSP TO UR TV) THANK YOU SONY-Remote play on PC also.

Silver PSP coming out in September

Star Wars PSP packed with the new battlefront game *PSP ONLY* (white psp with vaders picture on the back.) coming in october $199.99

Star Wars battlefront: Renegade Squadron (customize weapons, and outfits)

Home

nice avitars

Grilling out OMG lol.

Phil says beta like an englishman lol.

Home runs on the Sony Ecrisson mobile phone.

New Home interface

(singstar 200,000 mil & 10mil games sold worldwide, top music game in the world)

OMG u can send pics from your phone to your home

you can take in game pics of your home, (home social networking site)

You can launch your game, from inside Home,& in parties with friends.

(lol Phil is hilarious he called a guy rubbish)

Playstation Network

2mil PSN networks

20mil DLs on PSN

More than 80 games being worked on to come out by the end of Q1 08

Ecco Crob (Rubix cube biggest hype of the 80s.lol.)

WipeOut HD (1080p, 60fps)

Pain

WARHAWK Cheesy

SOCOM CONFRONTATION Smiley Wink Cheesy Kiss *This holiday Season* OMG can I be anymore happier right now.

Playstation 3

*myspace meets itunes = my singstar online*

new Motorstorm track Eagles storm (coming next month)

#1 goal. More PS3 owners

#2 goal. More GAMES

(NA 120 retail games & 15 exclusive 1st party games by Q1 08)

NC Soft (city of heroes & Guild Wars) NC SOFT exclusive to SCE

Ubisoft - Haze (Timed Exclusive Undecided to PS3 this holiday season) (playing dead feature looked awesome)

Epic - Sony signed a deal to use Unreal engine (to make deving easier)

Unreal Tournament 3 - (Timed Exclusive Undecided to PS3 this year Nov 07) (connective to PC also)

COD 4: modern Warfare

Assassins Creed

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Resident Evil 5

Burnout: Paradise

Madden NFL: 08

Harry Potter: An the Order of the Phoenix

The Simpsons Game

GHIII: Legends of Rock

Medal of Honor: Airborne

Rock Band

Hideo Kojima shows up to show MGS (PS3 exclusive)

R&C: Future Tools of Destruction "GO IG WOOT WOOT" Kiss

Folklore

Heavenly Sword

NBA 08

LittleBigPlanet "Play Create Share"

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Quote" Uncharted will be the best game Naughty Dog has ever made"

Infamous (New Sony IP,sandbox genre,08) take a path to be a hero or antihero.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (precursor to GT5)

KILLZONE = REAL TIME FOOTAGE 8-------------------------> WOW I cant wait.

credit to GenJones32 at myresistance for putting this together. and pspman for telling me.

Looks like a great List. Sony should get back up.

Summary of PS3 announcements (E3 07 goes to SONY)

Speakers

Jack Tretton

Kaz Harai

Phil Harrison

Opening

80gb 599.99 available in August

60gb 499.99 effective Monday (sales have double in top 5 retailers since price drop)

50 games announced PS3/PSP/PSN

playable arcade games Cry wish we were there.

PS2

118million PS2s (plan to ship 10mil)

GOWII = 2 mil copies sold thus far (4months)

Buzz, Singstar both million sellers

Madden/GH/NFS/TH

PSP

90% sales increase since April price drop

35% UMD movie growth since 06

plan to ship 9mil PSP by end of Q4

SOCOM: TACTICAL STRIKE FTW!!!!!!!!!!! Kiss

wipeout pulse

syphon filter: Logans Shadow

NBA 08 (featurings some kind of arcade game also)

GOD OF WAR: CHAINS OF OLYMPUS

silent hill: Orgins

patapon Undecided

TW 08

Sonic Rivals 2

Sims 2: Castaway

Swat: Target liberty (look alot like a movie)

FF Tactics: War of the lions

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicals

NEW PSP model (33% lighter, 19% slimmer, new battery, faster loading of games, hooks up to ur Bravia flat screen(SWEET)Finally the PSP can be viewed on the TV(UMDS arent dead yet)(YOU CAN PLAY GAMES ON UR PSP TO UR TV) THANK YOU SONY-Remote play on PC also.

Silver PSP coming out in September

Star Wars PSP packed with the new battlefront game *PSP ONLY* (white psp with vaders picture on the back.) coming in october $199.99

Star Wars battlefront: Renegade Squadron (customize weapons, and outfits)

Home

nice avitars

Grilling out OMG lol.

Phil says beta like an englishman lol.

Home runs on the Sony Ecrisson mobile phone.

New Home interface

(singstar 200,000 mil & 10mil games sold worldwide, top music game in the world)

OMG u can send pics from your phone to your home

you can take in game pics of your home, (home social networking site)

You can launch your game, from inside Home,& in parties with friends.

(lol Phil is hilarious he called a guy rubbish)

Playstation Network

2mil PSN networks

20mil DLs on PSN

More than 80 games being worked on to come out by the end of Q1 08

Ecco Crob (Rubix cube biggest hype of the 80s.lol.)

WipeOut HD (1080p, 60fps)

Pain

WARHAWK Cheesy

SOCOM CONFRONTATION Smiley Wink Cheesy Kiss *This holiday Season* OMG can I be anymore happier right now.

Playstation 3

*myspace meets itunes = my singstar online*

new Motorstorm track Eagles storm (coming next month)

#1 goal. More PS3 owners

#2 goal. More GAMES

(NA 120 retail games & 15 exclusive 1st party games by Q1 08)

NC Soft (city of heroes & Guild Wars) NC SOFT exclusive to SCE

Ubisoft - Haze (Timed Exclusive Undecided to PS3 this holiday season) (playing dead feature looked awesome)

Epic - Sony signed a deal to use Unreal engine (to make deving easier)

Unreal Tournament 3 - (Timed Exclusive Undecided to PS3 this year Nov 07) (connective to PC also)

COD 4: modern Warfare

Assassins Creed

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Resident Evil 5

Burnout: Paradise

Madden NFL: 08

Harry Potter: An the Order of the Phoenix

The Simpsons Game

GHIII: Legends of Rock

Medal of Honor: Airborne

Rock Band

Hideo Kojima shows up to show MGS (PS3 exclusive)

R&C: Future Tools of Destruction "GO IG WOOT WOOT" Kiss

Folklore

Heavenly Sword

NBA 08

LittleBigPlanet "Play Create Share"

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Quote" Uncharted will be the best game Naughty Dog has ever made"

Infamous (New Sony IP,sandbox genre,08) take a path to be a hero or antihero.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (precursor to GT5)

KILLZONE = REAL TIME FOOTAGE 8-------------------------> WOW I cant wait.

credit to GenJones32 at myresistance for putting this together. and pspman for telling me.

Looks like a great List. Sony should get back up.

Right. Just how many are PS3-exclusive? Exactly.

I wouldn't know anything about that because my TiVo only had room for Microsoft's announcements. Hey, I want my Bleach, alright? j/k

One of the few things I didn't like about Microsoft's conference was the lack of Streets of Rage on XBLA. They get Golden Axe, but no SOR? Shame on you, Sega and MS. Well, at least Virtua Fighter 5 will be released this fall with ONLINE PLAY. (That was the most suprising thing of the show, IMO. I thought VF wouldn't work online, due to the fact victories could be decided by a few frames of animation.)