PS3 V XBOX 360 V Wii

Red_91

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at this:

Microsoft Admits Shipped 360s to be defective

Microsoft has admitted that every one of the 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles sold in the past 19 months suffers from a design flaw that could cause the device to fail.

The firm will extend the warranty coverage from one to three years to compensate consumers, but does not plan to instate a recall or exchange programme.

Microsoft gaming chief Robbie Bach claimed in a conference call with financial analysts that the design issues surfaced recently.

what the hell happened?

Well Sony have nothing to admit really, the PS3 doesn't have hardware problems (upto now), I dont see any problems with the system and the delay of the launch probably made sure there wasn't anything dodgy with the system. It is a cheap blu-ray player but it doesn't mean its crappy, plus I got a free DVD of Playstation a blu ray one so thats nice, do 360 owners ger free DVDs?

Well Sony have nothing to admit really, the PS3 doesn't have hardware problems (upto now), I dont see any problems with the system and the delay of the launch probably made sure there wasn't anything dodgy with the system. It is a cheap blu-ray player but it doesn't mean its crappy, plus I got a free DVD of Playstation a blu ray one so thats nice, do 360 owners ger free DVDs?

No, we don't get DVDs. But it doesn't matter, because the Xbox actually has games. I didn't buy the 360 because it could play HD-DVDs (with an attachment). I bought it so I could play great games and play on a quality online service, two things the PS3 doesn't have. Besides, is that even a big deal whether you get some crappy movie no one fucking watched? Hell, I could just get a 5-dollar DVD the same day I get a 360, does that count? Obviously no, but at least with a separate DVD, the 360 is still cheaper.

Should we talk about the hard drive of both systems? Let's just say an Xbox 360 Elite has a 120 GB hard drive and is still cheaper than any SKU of the PS3, which both have tiny hard drives (60-80 GB, woo!) compared to the new Xbox hard drive.

Again, Sony has pretty much lost this console war, and will most likely end up like Sega, with shittier games. Or they could just go back to making Walkmans and TVs.

No, we don't get DVDs. But it doesn't matter, because the Xbox actually has games. I didn't buy the 360 because it could play HD-DVDs (with an attachment). I bought it so I could play great games and play on a quality online service, two things the PS3 doesn't have. Besides, is that even a big deal whether you get some crappy movie no one fucking watched? Hell, I could just get a 5-dollar DVD the same day I get a 360, does that count? Obviously no, but at least with a separate DVD, the 360 is still cheaper.

Thats a stupid thing to say, of course the 360 has much more games then the PS3, because obviously it came out first, by the end of the year we should have enough games to play with. As for the Online I have to agree xbox live is set up well, but that doesn't mean PSN sucks, its actually good. I don't experience lag at all.

Should we talk about the hard drive of both systems? Let's just say an Xbox 360 Elite has a 120 GB hard drive and is still cheaper than any SKU of the PS3, which both have tiny hard drives (60-80 GB, woo!) compared to the new Xbox hard drive.

You do know we have an option to Upgrade our Hardrive?

Again, Sony has pretty much lost this console war, and will most likely end up like Sega, with shittier games. Or they could just go back to making Walkmans and TVs.

Another stupid sentence, the PS3 was just released last year? It hasn't even been out a full year, and you come and post this bs, about how its going to loose, when you don't even know what Sony has in store, Home is just one of the features that will bring it up.

And with the recent news of Microsoft admitting?

Edited by Charger

Thats a stupid thing to say, of course the 360 has much more games then the PS3, because obviously it came out first, by the end of the year we should have enough games to play with.

How was what I said stupid? I never said anything the 360 having more games. All I said was that the 360's games were better than what the PS3 has to offer. Hell, the launch titles for the Xbox 360 were better than what the PS3 has now. So maybe you should actually read what I say before you shoot your fucking mouth off. Besides, 80% of those titles you listed a few posts back are on Xbox 360 and/or PC, too.

As for the hardware failures, is that really gonna stop people from buying the 360 to play Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, or GTA 4 with exclusive DLC? Nah, not really. PS2 had hardware failures, but it still sold. Because of games. Something PS3 still doesn't have 8 months after it was released.

As for Sony losing, blame that on Blu-ray. Like I said before, Blu-ray is too fucking expensive and impractical. Are you gonna need 50 GB for a movie? No, you aren't. And why bother with Blu-ray? Oblivion may be a huge game, but it still fits well within a DVD9. It only takes up 6GB. Oh, and don't forget Sixaxis. A raped version of the Wii's motion-sensing. As for Home, who cares? Really, it's pretty much a better-looking Second Life with less to do, at least to me.

How was what I said stupid? I never said anything the 360 having more games. All I said was that the 360's games were better than what the PS3 has to offer.

Sorry about that, I read it as if you where trying to say it had many games.... And I can't argue about that since its true. I just got use to people saying how great the 360 was because of the games..

Hell, the launch titles for the Xbox 360 were better than what the PS3 has now.

Yes because the PS3 came out later, and most of the tittles that where coming out at launch date got canceled...

As for Sony losing, blame that on Blu-ray. Like I said before, Blu-ray is too fucking expensive and impractical. Are you gonna need 50 GB for a movie? No, you aren't. And why bother with Blu-ray? Oblivion may be a huge game, but it still fits well within a DVD9. It only takes up 6GB. Oh, and don't forget Sixaxis. A raped version of the Wii's motion-sensing. As for Home, who cares? Really, it's pretty much a better-looking Second Life with less to do, at least to me.

There you go again saying Sony is losing, Currently yes it is, because of high price and the small amount of games it has. Still a change is possible since it was just released about a year ago. The Sixaxis is a very nice thing to have, and i'm glad to have it for the PS3. Home yeah it is, but for a online gaming community that looks fun.

TEC I dont agree that the 360 is overall better and I didn't get the PS3 to watch movies, I bought it to play games and atm I do admit there are some crappy games on it but some are ok, POC 3 was a good game and also the PS3 online play is good and its CHEAPER. Actualy for FREE, something the 360 cant offer. If you think about it if you have a 360 for 5 years and have XBL it will overall cost you more that a PS3.

TEC I dont agree that the 360 is overall better and I didn't get the PS3 to watch movies, I bought it to play games and atm I do admit there are some crappy games on it but some are ok, POC 3 was a good game and also the PS3 online play is good and its CHEAPER. Actualy for FREE, something the 360 cant offer. If you think about it if you have a 360 for 5 years and have XBL it will overall cost you more that a PS3.

So? XBL for a year costs the same as one game. So that argument fails.

So? XBL for a year costs the same as one game. So that argument fails.

It doesnt fail, £50 per game and for 5 years then so that makes £250, almost as much as an 360 elite. But if you add them together (XBL and 360 ELITE) it actually costs more than a PS3.