PS3 V XBOX 360 V Wii

Red_91

Why should I or anyone else spend $600 on an inferior "gaming" system, especially when there are no games for the damn thing? Sony was going well with the original Playstation and PS2, but they fucked up with the PS3. It's like the PS3 isn't really a gaming console. To an actual gamer, the PS3 is just some machine that plays Blu-ray discs (which nobody has) and 2 good games, neither of which are killer apps. Resistance? Yeah, the shooting may be fun, but it's nothing we haven't seen before. (Half-life, Halo, Goldeneye 007) And Motorstorm? Again, nothing we haven't seen before, such as Burnout or Flatout.

EDIT: This guy speaks the truth. As well as this guy.

BTW, didn't the N64 controller have a trigger on the back of it? So, yeah. I guess everybody does copy Nintendo. But, when Microsoft copied the trigger idea, they improved it. Unlike Sony, who'll steal any innovation and rape it before implantmenting it into its products.

Edited by WnN2

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should I or anyone else spend $600 on an inferior "gaming" system, especially when there are no games for the damn thing? Sony was going well with the original Playstation and PS2, but they fucked up with the PS3. It's like the PS3 isn't really a gaming console. To an actual gamer, the PS3 is just some machine that plays Blu-ray discs (which nobody has) and 2 good games, neither of which are killer apps. Resistance? Yeah, the shooting may be fun, but it's nothing we haven't seen before. (Half-life, Halo, Goldeneye 007) And Motorstorm? Again, nothing we haven't seen before, such as Burnout or Flatout.

EDIT: This guy speaks the truth. As well as this guy.

BTW, didn't the N64 controller have a trigger on the back of it? So, yeah. I guess everybody does copy Nintendo. But, when Microsoft copied the trigger idea, they improved it. Unlike Sony, who'll steal any innovation and rape it before implantmenting it into its products.

Triggers came from Sega, not Nintendo. At least, I think. The only time I've seen a trigger on a Nintendo console was GameCube, no?

And Wii shortage = EVERYWHERE. I finally got mine last week, though. And it's uber-sweet-kickass.

Whooa the PS3s online gaming is really good, I haven't played XBL but just judgin on paying for it I would never buy the console, over a 5 year period you would have to fork out about £200 - £250 whuch is totally unneeded when you can just get a PS3, I know its expensive but it aint bad at all. TEC when you said blu-ray were crap, I guarantee you didn't know that more customers of Blcokbuster want more blu-ray movies so they are going to provide more blu ray and less HD DVD,

Triggers came from Sega, not Nintendo. At least, I think. The only time I've seen a trigger on a Nintendo console was GameCube, no?

Nope, Nintendo 64 controllers had one trigger on the back of the controller.

Oh, and at least we XB360 and Wii fanboys/girls have legitimate reasons as to why we defend our respective systems. What do you PS3 fanboys have?

EDIT: In order for anything to have any quality in this world, money must be exchanged. Just because something is free doesn't mean it's good. For example, the freebies in Second Life; they all look like shit. Xbox Live is only around $60 USD a year. That's about the price of one game, isn't it? Well worth the price considering you basically unlock half a game just by using XBL. Hell, I buy a new game every one to three months, making XBL accomodate well within my budget.

I want proof of Blockbuster customers wanting Blu-ray movies. Solid proof, as in graphs and crap like that. And even if that was true, that's only pertaining to movies, not games. The root of this whole discussion. GAMES. Something the PS3 doesn't have.

Edited by WnN2

Since when did PS1 and PS2 have bad starts? As far as I'm concerned, the first two Playstations got off well! They didn't have much holding them back. Different story for the PS3, though. They tried to emulate what Microsoft and Nintendo had, but failed miserably.

BTW, I'm still waiting for LEGITIMATE reasons as to why you think the PS3 will win this console war.

Nope, Nintendo 64 controllers had one trigger on the back of the controller.

I don't think that's really a trigger. Yes, it's called the Z-trigger, but most people compare it to a gun trigger, more than likely in terms of how you hold it. Triggers have analog sensitivity. I don't remember the z-trigger being more than a simple push button.

TEC you dont understand blu ray can still win, PS2 and PS1 had a really bad start and it still won the console war, we will see what happens in a couple of years

PS2, despite a crappy launch library, had a great start, no? It is what pretty much single-handedly crushed the Dreamcast, and as much as I enjoy my PS2, I will NEVER forgive it or Sony for that. frolicking jerk-offs.

I'm not gonna lie that the Xbox 360 has its flaws. The headset included with the system was a piece of plastic shit. 360s were prone to breaking, though you could say the same about any console.

Most of you PS3 fanboys sound like you think the PS3 is some magical end-all machine. That it can do anything, possibly even sexually please yourself. Well, it's fanboys like this that undermine any attempt to save the PS3 and its supporters, few as there may be.

Two flaws are too many? I've heard cases of people's PS3s breaking. It's just that the 360 has the Ring of Death to tell you when a malfunction occurs. Then again, that thing will flash if you don't have the video cables connected correctly. With the PS3, you're not gonna know what the hell's wrong with it.

Besides, the PS3 has way more flaws than the Xbox 360 and Wii combined. Sixaxis doesn't work, face it. Playstation Online is a raped version of Xbox Live. The Sixaxis's triggers suck ass. Blu-ray is too expensive and impractical. There's no games out for the PS3. For the same price as a PS3, you could buy both an Xbox 360 and a Wii.

Nope, Nintendo 64 controllers had <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N64_Controller" target="_blank">one trigger</a> on the back of the controller.

I don't think that's really a trigger. Yes, it's called the Z-trigger, but most people compare it to a gun trigger, more than likely in terms of how you hold it. Triggers have analog sensitivity. I don't remember the z-trigger being more than a simple push button.

TEC you dont understand blu ray can still win, PS2 and PS1 had a really bad start and it still won the console war, we will see what happens in a couple of years

PS2, despite a crappy launch library, had a great start, no? It is what pretty much single-handedly crushed the Dreamcast, and as much as I enjoy my PS2, I will NEVER forgive it or Sony for that. frolicking jerk-offs.

Its not sonys fault that sega died. Thats like blaming Wii for ps3 dying. Its just they made a more selling console, may not even be better. The dreamcast was very innovative and alot better than ps1. But all the game makers had contracts with NINTENDO not to give there games out to sega. thats why it only had a few game makers like namco and a few other japanese game makers. I liked how dreamcast had an engine that played ps1 games and also made the textures and lighting look twice as good.

BLU RAY, it holds well more than what the sh**box uses and it could have better graphics if people (game developers) start realising its potential.

So? Do you realize that if and when games are made that will make use of all the space available on Blu-Ray disks...that they'll be the games that cost $80+

Rather have a good game with bad graphics (like GTA) than an expensive game with really good graphics.

But then again look at GTA4, it has amazing graphics and fits on a DVD9.

But PC really does own all, especially Valve, I mean, they're giving us HL2:Episode 2, TF2, and Portal for $50, but for some reason, the console versions are $10 more.

And the PS2 DID kill Dreamcast. Why? DVDs. The Dreamcast did well before the PS2 but it couldn't play DVDs, which is what people wanted at the time. Then when Sony was smart back in 2000, they got people excited and people flocked to it.

The problem is that Sony tried the same thing with the PS3, using cheap Blu-Ray playback as a way to sell the console, but the problem is that it's not cheap, and so nobody could afford it, and so people just figured that Blu-Ray wasn't worth the cost.

OK. valve>rockstar. its sortof by a landslide that there are more PC players than console.

but okay guys. ps3 is losing. Yes it is capable of better graphics and more space, but the games will cost 100 dollars and the console itself will cost about 500 dollars when those games come out.

The online feature is class, its easy to use and reliable as well, the sixaxis is good the motion sensing is really good especially on Motorstorm. I haven't had any problems with the PS3 at all, it is really good as well becuase of the updates

Oh, you mean the updates that they throw out to keep hackers from creating some really cool programs for it? And the motion sensing is still crappy compared to the Wii's.

Its not sonys fault that sega died. Thats like blaming Wii for ps3 dying. Its just they made a more selling console, may not even be better. The dreamcast was very innovative and alot better than ps1. But all the game makers had contracts with NINTENDO not to give there games out to sega. thats why it only had a few game makers like namco and a few other japanese game makers. I liked how dreamcast had an engine that played ps1 games and also made the textures and lighting look twice as good.

They released the PS2 at a strategic time in order to beat the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast was a last gen console, and no one seems to put it in the right class((it was with PS2, GC, and Xbox)).

so? its not like they wanted them to die, they just wanted to win... compare that to nintendo vs sega. why arent you arch enemies with nintendo then? they literally backstabbed sony and then murdered, not tried to beat, murdered sega when sega had just created the sega CD. i just dont get your logic.

EDIT: fatal spelling error

Edited by tilly

And again I ask, "Where are the games?" Forget about format wars, forget about innovations. What about pure games, the backbone behind this whole argument.

Wii - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Paper Mario. Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Metriod Prime 3: Corruption, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, MySims, ExciteTruck.

Xbox 360 - Saints Row, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Crackdown, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Far Cry: Instincts Predator, Dead or Alive 4, Dead Rising, Project Gotham Racing 3, Forza Motorsport 2.

Please elighten us what the PS3 has. Tell us what games are out for the PS3 and we'll see if they beat any of the listed games.

so? its not like they wanted them to die, they just wanted to win... compare that to nintendo vs sega. why arent you arch enemies with nintendo then? they literally backstabbed sony and then murdered, not tried to beat, murdered sega when sega had just created the sega CD. i just dont get your logic.

Um, prove Nintendo did the backstabbing. And they didn't murder Sega. Sega was still rather popular until the Saturn, which, oddly enough, was out at the same time as the Playstation. Which ISN'T a Nintendo console BTW. What REALLY killed Sega was the fail of the Dreamcast. That was because of the PS2. And they don't want to "win".... They just want everyone else to lose. Oh wait, THAT'S THE SAME THING. They shouldn't want to win. They should do what they do and leave it at that. People will love it, people will hate it, and people will even not know they exist. Big deal. Make your console, and like it. Let us know you think it's good and tell us why. We'll decide if we agree or not. Don't shove it down our throats that it's the best thing ever.

The games PS3 that are out which I like and maybe some others are-

Motorstorm, Resistance: Fall of Man, The Godfather: Dons edition, Pirattes of the Carribean: At Worlds End, Spider Man 3,

these game are all good and I like to play on them

Pirates and Spidey 3 are on Wii, also. Nice try, though.

Um, prove Nintendo did the backstabbing. And they didn't murder Sega. Sega was still rather popular until the Saturn, which, oddly enough, was out at the same time as the Playstation. Which ISN'T a Nintendo console BTW. What REALLY killed Sega was the fail of the Dreamcast. That was because of the PS2. And they don't want to "win".... They just want everyone else to lose. Oh wait, THAT'S THE SAME THING. They shouldn't want to win. They should do what they do and leave it at that. People will love it, people will hate it, and people will even not know they exist. Big deal. Make your console, and like it. Let us know you think it's good and tell us why. We'll decide if we agree or not. Don't shove it down our throats that it's the best thing ever.

The games PS3 that are out which I like and maybe some others are-

Motorstorm, Resistance: Fall of Man, The Godfather: Dons edition, Pirattes of the Carribean: At Worlds End, Spider Man 3,

these game are all good and I like to play on them

Pirates and Spidey 3 are on Wii, also. Nice try, though.

The Godfather is also out on the Wii. :)

Edited by MishoM