IV isn't going to be the same?

I don't think IV will be the same as other GTAs, where you jump out of your car, go into another one, crash and burn it and rob another one. Your cars are going to have more value to yourself. In the second trailer, around the 42nd second, Nico strafes with a gun spraying in his hands. He has a pouch around him and the trunk open behind him. Could this mean that you pressing R2 isn't going to automatically put a Rocket Launcher in your hands? Maybe inside that pouch he has some cash and a Pistol, and maybe he has a sniper in the trunk. Picture this, you can only have a pistol on you and one primary weapon. Any other weapons you have to stash somewhere in your car, hence the trunk or the back seats and so on. That's why I think cars will have more value to you, because you don't wanna jump out of your car, break some dude's car's window, throw him out and kill him, then move ur stash into the next vehicle. Or you don't want to lose your collection of weapons because you drove your car full of weapons on a ramp and then flipped it, and eventually exploded. he might be able to carry around a bag to put his stuff in. All I am saying is that the guns and cars have more value to you, and pressing L2 or R2 (or w/e they press on other consoles) is going to magically put a Rocket Launcher in your hands. You're going to have to run to the back of the car, pop the trunk, pull it up and shoot whatever u have to, throw it back in the trunk, shut the trunk and then run to your drivers seat and DRIVE AS FAST AS YOU CAN! Now that would be fun.

I think you're right. In the 2nd trailer Nico was in one car.

It would definately add to realism of the game too.

Exactly, he was almost always in the Stallion, which was probably robbed. He kept it for long, until he drove it into the drivers station. I'm not saying you will drive in one car throughout the whole game, it's just a shame to lose your car with all your weapons in it, niko prolly jumped out at the last second with a bag with him.

yes, i think it's going to be very different, R* said it in the 1st trailer, even though undirectly by Niko, saying that as a part of the story: "things will be different"

maybe i you want to switch cars, there's a choice to move all your weapon on the garage, or maybe you could put 'em in the bag and then move 'em B)

yes, i think it's going to be very different, R* said it in the 1st trailer, even though undirectly by Niko, saying that as a part of the story: "things will be different"

maybe i you want to switch cars, there's a choice to move all your weapon on the garage, or maybe you could put 'em in the bag and then move 'em B)

The possibilities were endless.

How would it be "cool" to store weapons in the trunk of a car? Do you guys realize how long it would take to switch to another weapon? Or about this "it'd be cool if Niko put his guns in a bag" crap, that would make this game like Oblivion. Were you only use one weapon the entire game.

Really, RockStar's going to keep the basics the same, don't be surprised when you get the game and find out to change your weapon all you have to do is hit the right bumper on an Xbox 360 controller.

MishoM I would have agreed with you before this second trailer, but now, there is so much visual evidence that you can't do that anymore - carrying bags, and seeing open trunks of cars, suggests it's going to actually be realistic this time.

Rockstar would really be screwing up a good series if they made you have to look through a bag every time you wanted to change your weapon. I still think it'll be like the old games, but we'll see in the first in-game footage.

What do you mean "quickly" ? My guess is that Niko won't need ton crouch and search in his back to change weapons.

Let's say he has the bag on his left shoulder and he changes weapons :

Put his gun (hold in his right hand) in his left hand and toss his bag to the front : 1 sec

Open his bag, replace his gun, close the bag and put it back where it was : 3 secs

You waste so much time....

What do you mean "quickly" ? My guess is that Niko won't need ton crouch and search in his back to change weapons.

Let's say he has the bag on his left shoulder and he changes weapons :

Put his gun (hold in his right hand) in his left hand and toss his bag to the front : 1 sec

Open his bag, replace his gun, close the bag and put it back where it was : 3 secs

You waste so much time....

Yeah you would but maybe I its going to stay the same, he won't acually reach into his bag and pull the gun out. The bag is just there to show you where the gun came from, that he didn't just pull it out of his butt...

Edited by Mrs.Vercetti

It would be boring if it was the same old get out of the car, run around, shoot people.....I think the series will take a turn like Resident Evil did with RE 4 being completely different.

Too much of the same thing makes people bored.

yes, i believe that has changed, because i heard from R*, we can't feel good hitting peds with cars anymore, so that also means that Niko has the basic logic right? that means shooting around creating chaos is not going to be that easy

and MishoM, R* also said that GTA IV will be far more realistic, so we all expect to see that from the weapon switch feature, and besides, it's not that long pulling out guns from your bag, the only weapons you stored in your trunk are rifles/assault rifles/RPG's(or any other heavy weapons for that matter) ^_^

and this is not confirmed yet, so why argue

"Perhaps here, things will be different"

That's all I have to say for now.

Yeah, not much more than you ever have to say. That was a quote from the main character, which probably had something to do with the storyline. You had nothing to add to the conversation, why exactly did you post?

Well, Rockstar could be telling us something in the trailers.