Connor

Guitar or Bass!  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Guitar or Bass!

• Guitar
    • Bass
    • Both
    • None

This is a bit of a bump I know, but I want to say here that I got an Electric guitar for Christmas, a Squier Strat, it's pretty nice my amp is the problem, it fucking sucks.

I am a beginner in the guitar, but I practice constantly, I am self teaching myself basically, I learned the basics(Power Chords, the E minor Pentatonic scale, reading tabs etc...) and I learn some techniques through my GF who has been playing since 6.

I learned the basics(Power Chords, the E minor Pentatonic scale

Someone's been looking up long words to show off :). Pentatonic scales aren't really anything you need to learn to start off with, you just need to understand what they are and what they sound like (try all black notes on a kb).

I've been playing my 'real' guitar (blue Ibanez if I didnt mention it... pics soon) for a month or so now, and I'm doing well. Having played bass before that helps a lot, but they are very different instruments.

However, I still think the bass is more fun at my level - you can concentrate less, swing it however you want it and play along a lot easier.

I really want to get a Mexican Fender Strat., I just don't know if I should. I mean, I could probably find a used American Strat. for only $300-$400 more, so it really might be a waste if I get into it. But if I end up dropping it, then I just wasted about $600 (at lowest) - $900 on a guitar I won't be playing.

Argh.

I really want to get a Mexican Fender Strat., I just don't know if I should. I mean, I could probably find a used American Strat. for only $300-$400 more, so it really might be a waste if I get into it. But if I end up dropping it, then I just wasted about $600 (at lowest) - $900 on a guitar I won't be playing.

Argh.

If you're going to spend $900, get something 'different.' Strats seem like Civics in the guitar world. But I guess that's because they're good to start with etc. I've never really PLAYED stuff, but I've held a ton of guitars. Paul Reed Smith (PRS) guitars are insanely awesome. Obviously many types of them, but just a generalization.

^ Same, although there is this one prick who thinks he's better than everyone else. <_<

My first guitar was a shitty acoustic from Argos. I thought it was genuine stuff until my dad finally got me an electric.

I've been playing for two years now, although, in the first year there was like no progress what so ever. I've only just started to learn theory work now,

aswell, I've just finished Sweet child o' mine. It's not perfect but it sounds great. ;)