GTAIV: Vice City/GTAIV: San Andreas

I thought R* only used Liberty again, because they didn't feel they captured New York City properly in GTA III.

I'm suspecting we'll get some new cities, but a next-gen Vice, or SA would be awesome. Especially SA, since we haven't seen it since the original. (Original being SA)

Edited by MiamiViceCity

I think Carcer City might be cool. Sounds like Detroit to me, so they could make Carcer City after Detroit.

^ Agree with that entirely. Carceer city would be awesome, we could hear abut all the bad shit going on in liberty (old liberty from 1998 - 2000), Talking about gang wars with the leones and forellis and shit.

I think it would be amazing to see a next gen version of VC but, I'm not sure if the storyline would ever live up to Tommy Vercetti's. If SA was to be revisited, I think it would be kool to set it in the 70's & play as a Steve Mcqueen (Bullit) type character, I think that the retro styling would be awesome & there would be a whole new range of radio stations & satire to explore.

In an ideal world tho, the next GTA would be set across Europe, with a handful of cities capturing the essence of a few of it's capitals & main attractions. That way every gamers destiny really could be unique, as you would not be bound to create your criminal/business empire in one specific city.

Edited by Swifty

I think it would be amazing to see a next gen version of VC but, I'm not sure if the storyline would ever live up to Tommy Vercetti's. If SA was to be revisited, I think it would be kool to set it in the 70's & play as a Steve Mcqueen (Bullit) type character, I think that the retro styling would be awesome & there would be a whole new range of radio stations & satire to explore.

In an ideal world tho, the next GTA would be set across Europe, with a handful of cities capturing the essence of a few of it's capitals & main attractions. That way every gamers destiny really could be unique, as you would not be bound to create your criminal/business empire in one specific city.

No, they would'nt do that I don't think. This GTA IV is about the present/future, a future YOU determine. All the games after this will be about present timing. They are marking a new beginning with GTA IV, a fresh start. So I don't think they will go back, unless it's a PSP game.

Edited by fatalgamer

[quote name='fatalgamer' date='Dec 11 2007, 02:59 PM' post='215856'

No, they would'nt do that I don't think. This GTA IV is about the present/future, a future YOU determine. All the game after this will be about the present timing. They are marking a new beginning with GTA IV, a fresh start. So I don't think they will go back, unless it's a PSP game.

Maybe your right but that sounds pretty similar to the scenario when GTA III came to the PS2, Rock* were bang in the present, then suddenly released a game set in the 80's & despite much initial sceptecism, it's turned out to be one of their strongest titles.

Then why would they re create Liberty City? They're doing it once, why can't they do it again?
You mean for GTA:IV? It's going to be a different city based around the divisions of NYC, not just a direct recreation of Liberty.

Yes, I know that, why can't they do the same for Vice City/San Andreas is my point.

I guess it would kind of be nice to see the more updated version of Vice City and San Andreas, but I think Rockstar is passed them. The scale is'nt right for a remake, I think. I don't think they will do it. Hell, they might used Liberty City again after this one. Most likely though they will move on to something different.