1. 1. What console should I buy next?

• PS3
    • XBOX 360

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3>360

Im used to Playstation, Nintendo controllers though i do like the new 360 controllers.

PS3 Games: Haze, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Tekken 6, Metal Gear Solid 4, Motorstorm, Pro Evo Soccer 08, FIFA 08, NBA Live 08, Guitar Hero, Call Of Duty 4, WWE 08.

360 Games: Bioshock, Halo 3, Call Of Duty 4, Gears Of War, FIFA 08, NBA Live 08, Pro Evo Soccer 08, Project Gotham Racing, Assasin's Creed, WWE 08, Virtua Tennis 3.

Other good games: Crysis, Guitar Hero, Medal of Honor, NFS Pro Street, Madden NFL 08, Tiger Woods PGA Golf 08, Scene it, Buzz, Skate, Sonic, The Godfather, Thrillvile Off The Rails, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Tony Hawk, Singstar, Unreal Tournament 3, Turok, Transformers, Tom Clancy's.

Anticipated Games: GTA IV (both consoles), Sega Superstars Tennis (both consoles), Burnout Paradise (both consoles), FIFA Street 3 (both consoles), Grand Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3)

I say get ps3, its more expensive. do you have a spending limit, you getting it for christmas?

I hope that info helped.

PS. Home comes out in 08!

I think you should get the PS3 after Christmas (Boxing day and January Sales) it will be cheaper then. Also PS3 will finally have a good amount of games especially if your a football (soccer) fan, Fifa and Pro Evo are deadily on the PS3 and online its very good. HOME is supposedly coming soon so you will get that. I think I made a mistake in getting my PS3 near its release date as it didn't have many good games and the price dropped after a couple of months.

If you want a good online system that costs (about a price of game for a year) and a quality library of games, go for the 360 because it can do a lot of things. Also there no worrying if it has a defecit as there is a good warranty on it now.

I would suggest getting a PS3 though I may sound biased as I have one myself, it is good and very easy to transfer music from my phone to the PS3, also images and videos are good too.

I think I will go ps3 especially considering 360 u have to pay for online, smaller hard disk, different control.. and blu-ray!

Different control...? Personally I prefer the 360 controller.

Anyway, it's easy. If you are interested in having a Blu-Ray player and you wouldn't buy XBL if you had a 360 (though it's worth it) then get a ps3.

If you don't care about the Blu-ray player and don't mind a the price of a game extra a year for XBL, then get the 360

And if you like these games like FF then a ps3 is best to take. Like the American like games more then you'll be better of with a 360.

At the moment the ps3 doesn't have such a great game library, but they're going to get a few really good ones.

I'm looking forward to seeing the next trailer of LA noire. If the ps3 gets more of those classy games I'll might even get one now that it's availible for less then a Wii on Ebay.

Of course, the post Xmas sales...where everyone's credit cards are already maxed out and nobody wants (or can) spend more :P

:unsure: Umm nah I haven't decided. I'm in the process of getting a prepaid Visa, so I can buy some stuff off the net. I will probably wait till my birthday (feb 2) to get some more cash (i dont have enough now unless I take out of savings...) - too many things to get - car, ps3, stereo for car, wireless router -- need a job but starting college on jan 7 so....

Which of these should I buy?? Vote, then post your reasons for the vote..edit: i see 1 for each...great

FYI I dont want this to turn into a "360 SUX PS3 is the BEST" topic...just asking for opinion

I have a PS2 already, but since I'm in Australia we got scammed (only ps2 emulation) on the ps3...

The 40gb ps3 is $600AU i think now (with 1 control and a game I think)

The 360 is $500 for a Pro pack with Forza 2, another game, 20gb hdd

I was considering 360, but Im so used to PS2 control, it takes a bit to get used to. Also the fact I could plug my Ipod in and play all songs off the media browser thing..PS3 i have heard is really picky with external hard drives (my friend had to format his in like ~10gb partitions)

But PS3 looks cool (and is less noisy I think, 360 is so noisy)

The reason I have excluded Wii is that it is unable to play a lot of the more demanding games (GTA4 was a factor as well)

If you've had the PS2 for a while and are suited to the controls, the PS3 is basically more of the same, but with superb graphics. The 360 is a great machine, but is prone to breaking down, and most people here know about the '3 red lights' situation. I'm personally getting a PS3 within the next 3 months because it has the games I want to play, and I feel it'll be an excellent console in 2008. The 360 is much cheaper than the PS3, and has lots of exclusive games that the PS3 won't have. It doesn't have a Blu-Ray player, but it supports HD-DVD, and some films are only coming to HD-DVD, The Bourne Ultimatum being one of them. I say get a PS3, it'll last longer and will have an excellent 2008.

OK abit of a breakthrough,

PS3 40GB is $699 AND now I found out, only the 60gb had emulation (some games compatible) now this 40gb has NOTHING for ps2...sorta sux if you ask me,

Now, the 360 Elite (120GB HDD, HDMI, wireless control, black!!) is also $699. The basic 360 (20gb hdd etc) is still same price.

I suppose this would change some opinions - I sorta now wanna get the 360, seems better value

But, I wanna play the new GranTurismo (GT5 or GTHD or whatever the hell they are calling it)

At the moment, I would say get the 360 propack you mentioned, w/ Forza & another game for $100 less.

Since you're probably also into GTA (This IS a GTA site) You would also want the X360 extra content when you (finally can)

pick up GTA4.

Now that we're through Christmas, I would expect to see both get a little cheaper to buy. Watch e-bay & other online

sources, you might even score both systems used for the same as a one new.

That's where I found 4-gig I-pod knockoffs for $20 (US) shipped. I so ruled Christmas for my kids.

To me your a man in a 50/50 situation, I would do what UO said and get a 'Used; PS3/360 and if you like it then keep it but if you dont you can sell it and buy the other console. I think the DLC for gtaIV on 360 is only timed exclusive in my opinion but I don't want to go into that.

Anyway if you are still undecided just keep looking around and wait on the decision, have you played on either consoles?

• 2 weeks later...
To me your a man in a 50/50 situation, I would do what UO said and get a 'Used; PS3/360 and if you like it then keep it but if you dont you can sell it and buy the other console. I think the DLC for gtaIV on 360 is only timed exclusive in my opinion but I don't want to go into that.

Anyway if you are still undecided just keep looking around and wait on the decision, have you played on either consoles?

Yeah I've played both 360 and PS3..played 360 at my friends house, ive played gears of war, project gotham, halo 3, nfs prostreet...although when i played, its just on a normal tv so no high def or anything so abit hard to tell if the graphics are really good...

played resistance and motorstorm on ps3, i also played the gthd prologue demo whatever it is, in a shop, it was pretty fun, the graphics looked really good aswell..

But idn, 360 is better value (elite 120gb 360 is same price as 40gb ps3)...

Either way I need to save up some cash to buy these things, so i guess I will just wait for a while, I'm sure some things will influence my decision throughout this year..

I think you shud get a PS3 because:

You get more stuff

Better graphics

Blue Ray

Internet

And online play is free

Honestly..come on. What do you mean more stuff. Better graphics doesn't mean shit, plus it's barely if any noticably better, and you have a computer for the internet..personally I don't know why that's so important.

Graphics are important to next gen gaming, if you dont have a HD TV for either a PS3/360 you will suffer a lot because on some games (noticable PES 08 and Fifa 08) you can hardly see any of the players names on a Standard definition TV.

To me get a PS3 for sure now, especially as blu-ray is winning the format war with I think Warner Bros going exclusive to blu-ray. I can see HD DVD losing, I even heard MS might switch to blu-ray as well, although thats a rumour.

To some people graphics are important, because it helps the gaming experience, right now I am shopping around for a HD TV that I can use for my bedroom and PS3, I already have one but its in the living room.

Anyway WRX makesure you have a HD TV first then either console.

Graphics are important to next gen gaming

Meh, I'm still for gameplay over graphics. Love Nintendo's artstyle.

Anway, if you are the type of person who will hire or buy movies I'd go for the ps3. Simple as that actually. HD-TV is a must for the 360 and PS3. Otherwise all the text sucks.

I'm a sucker for great graphics.

That isn't to say that i'll play anything but it inluences me a lot.

---

The XBOX may well have 120 GB but you can add more yourself to the PS3's and besides it's bloody difficult to get close to filling all that space on a 40, nevermind a 120.

For many other reasons a bove as well as this.

PS3!!

Graphics are important to next gen gaming, if you dont have a HD TV for either a PS3/360 you will suffer a lot because on some games (noticable PES 08 and Fifa 08) you can hardly see any of the players names on a Standard definition TV.

To me get a PS3 for sure now, especially as blu-ray is winning the format war with I think Warner Bros going exclusive to blu-ray. I can see HD DVD losing, I even heard MS might switch to blu-ray as well, although thats a rumour.

To some people graphics are important, because it helps the gaming experience, right now I am shopping around for a HD TV that I can use for my bedroom and PS3, I already have one but its in the living room.

Anyway WRX makesure you have a HD TV first then either console.

Well our family TV (a CRT believe it or not) supports 1080i via component (RGB)...even though we got it like 3 years ago...

Reading the manual to check for what HD formats it supports and it supports 1080i...i was like...omg holy sh!T..

But its only 76cm, but good enough...but i dont know how much i could play it if it'd be plugged into family TV which has foxtel (cable TV) as well...